You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Toy That Turns To Stare At You

Real Ghost Stories

Toy That Turns To Stare At You

 

When I was in fifth grade me and my friends Sadie and Abby really liked the show My Little Pony. At the time our school was having a book fair and one of the books came with a little pony figurine. Abby ended up buying it. Sadie and I would always beg her for it because we collected those pony toys, but she always said no and was persistent to keep it.

Over probably a couple weeks (I don't remember how long) Abby gave the toy to Sadie out of the blue. After a few days Sadie started telling me the pony toy is possessed. She claimed it would turn and face her and it only happened at night. She said she lined up all the ponies she collected on her dresser facing the wall. She left the room and as soon as she exited the doorway she turned around because she forgot something and all the pony toys were facing directly at her. In my mind I didn't believe her at all but I went along with it so maybe she'd let me have it for a night and see for myself. I asked her exactly that and the next day she brought it to me.

When I got home it was around dusk I put the pony toy and some of mine that I had on a shelf in the bathroom. I made note of where each one was facing. One facing the bathtub, one facing the wall, one facing behind the bathroom door, and one facing the corner of the room. I decided the use the bathroom. I got up and left the room, but as soon as I got through the doorway I turned around because I forgot to wash my hands and they were all staring directly at me as if someone moved them. I ran to tell my mom and she got mad at me for bringing something like that in the house without telling her. She decided to put it in a container with salt and threw it away.

The next day I told Sadie what happened and asked her what she think caused it. She said she thinks it's because her and Abby were having a sleepover and were trying to summon ghosts, a few days later Abby gave the toy to her. I asked her what they did she said they "put books together and said an ancient chant" they found on the internet. She wouldn't elaborate more and didn't remember what the chant was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashirani, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FC_DUB (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-11-05)
I had a very similar experience with a stuffed penguin as a child. Got it from the same bookfair event and everything. One night I woke up without a reason, and I looked around my dark room and was about to lay back down when the penguin at the foot of my bed jerked slightly and startled me. I laughed at myself for getting scared and after I layed my head down I felt it move again and I looked up and watched it slowly stand straight up and turn to face me directly. I immediately kicked it off my bed and ended up giving it away to goodwill shortly after. Strange how objects that bring us joy can be manipulated to incite fear like that...
Ashirani (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-16)
The container was simply just tupperware. Sorry for responding really late I honestly thought my story wouldn't get published because how bizarre it is. Haha
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-28)
Salt is often used in sacred rituals as a means of spiritual purification, a protection against evil, etc - it bears this significance in many cultures. Personally, I've always found it effective. Some stipulate it must be a certain kind of salt gathered from certain areas, in specific ways even at specific times - others say simple table salt works just as well.

Your mom sounds like a quick thinker and I am very glad she believed you! I too had a toy or two when I was a kid that I thought were a bit...off...
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-23)
To sugarANDspice ~ I'm certain I'm not your brother, but I certainly moved my kid sisters toys around, mostly to scare her. I turned out alright, and so did she. Thanks for the smile...
Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-22)
Thanks for the information relating to how salt is used for possessed items, tace.

I wonder if Ashirani can share a description of the container that her mother used.
tace (37 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-22)
i have read in fictional books about covering possessed item in salt and sealing in a lead box to contain the spirit possessing the item. Don't know if it works in real life.
sugarANDspice (19 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
That's so creepy. When I was little my Barbie and Ken dolls were always moving, my mom said that was okay as long as they didn't reproduce. I don't know if my brother was the one playing with them. He's obnoxious! 😠

S&s ❤ ❤
Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
Thanks for sharing this scary toy story with us, Ashirani. My goose bumps are just settling down now.

I'm curious as to why your mother included salt in the container when throwing away the toy. What significance does salt have with something that is perceived as being out of the ordinary?

Warm regards,
Mr. Quirky
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
Okay, first of all, this story scared the crap out of me. Maybe the toy was really possessed. It was good that your mom believed you when you told her what happened. If it were my mom, I would be scolded for imagining things. Does the activity ended when you throw the figurine away?

Thanks for sharing this really scary experience of yours and hope to read more from you.

Z ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: