You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

New Experiences

 

I will begin with this, my family and I have recently moved into a nice little cozy home two blocks away from the last one.

I knew it was ours when the first experience took place.

So here goes...

Coincidence is the only way I can describe this, but I don't believe in Coincidences only Universal timing, help from guides, loved ones etc.

My husband and I were in talks of moving, and hadn't found the right place, that is until I spotted a "For Rent sign" posted in the front yard of this tiny little house with a Red front door.

For years I had my sights set on another house with a Red front door, but the timing never matched up for us. Red Front Door just stuck with me and I never knew why.

We called the owner, met up and looked throughout the home. I wasn't impressed but my husband was.

We asked all the questions, and left.

Around a week and a half later after my husband bringing this house up again and again, I finally gave in and gave the ok.

We hadn't gone by to check the house out again, I personally wasn't set on it, but he called the owner once again, and agreed to meet us at the house.

My husband and I pulled up and parked. I immediately noticed the sign wasn't hanging from the metal holder, but placed face up against the right side of the front porch.

I thought to myself "That's weird",but I didn't say anything.

A few minutes later the owner pulls up and meets us on the porch. He turns and looks at the sign and says

"Hmm that makes sense now, the sign isn't there anymore."

I said "It's on the side of the porch."

He then says "Well right after you and your family saw the house, I stopped getting calls for this house."

Long story short we have now moved in.

My son and I were talking late one evening, and about the old experiences in the other places we've lived. When he tells me how he had a dream about this house. He said once we moved in it all made sense. He said "Mom we were meant to be here, I think this house chose us."

He then proceeded to tell me he had a Deja Vu and he felt he had been here before.

NOW onto some other experiences...

After we first moved in our mattresses were set up in the living room until we moved our bed frames from the other home.

One evening he woke up to turn over because he had heard something moving about in the kitchen which is only a few feet from us at that current time. He saw a man standing in front of the stove and it looked like he was cooking. But in the dark no lights were on except for the light shining in from the street.

He described this man to be at least 6'7" and it was a dark silhouette.

It shocked him, but he couldn't stop watching in disbelief, because he knew it wasn't a man of this world.

He blinked and the next second he was gone.

Just a few mornings ago matter of fact this past Saturday morning I had to work early.

He dropped me off and when he returned he decided to lay down for a little before getting up to cook the kids some breakfast.

He hadn't closed his eyes yet, and he began to hear what he described as loud Booms coming from the attic, and dragging noises. He got up and immediately went into investigative mode.

He grabbed his phone (flashlight) and our aluminum bat and climbed up opened the attic space and looked inside. He found nothing.

My experiences have been not scary but rather something letting me know ok I'm here.

A dream I had on the first day I had off, first nap, after moving in.

A lady came from my son's room with beautiful Strawberry red hair (Not sure why that's important, but I have a strong feeling it is) looks at me and says "ok I'm leaving now." And I instantly wake up.

It felt like I had been meditating and not dreaming was refreshed and had an overwhelming feeling of comfort and belonging in this house.

I have since been able to sleep soundly, my insomnia has eased up incredibly and I am at utmost comfort when I'm here.

My only other experiences have been while going back to sleep before I get up for work I will hear footsteps shuffling about in our lounge room, and breathing on the couch next to me.

I think I have finally found my perfect house with my Red Front Door.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-10)
Spiritwaiting- You have amazing gifts, and this story is just as amazing. Glad you found your forever home!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-07)
Augusta,

I believe we are where we're supposed to be at almost every moment for one reason or another.

The timing for you to find that apartment at the time it was vacant is fascinating.

Love that shared with me, it brightened me up after a long day at work!

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-07)
I don't believe in coincidences either... These things happen for a reason. When my then fiance (now husband) and I were looking for our first apartment, I was unaccountably anxious as we toured unit after unit. None seemed right... Finally we stepped into the LAST location we were scheduled to see. Instantly I knew it was right - just right - and I'd not even gone further than the front door. We signed the lease that evening. Six months later, I was sorting through my grandmother's papers (the one that passed when I was 4) and was astonished by the address I saw on the letters - it was my own. The apartment we chose was not only in the same building but shares the bedroom wall with the one she lived in during WWII. Before that moment I had harbored bot the foggiest notion that she'd lived anywhere near there!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-06)
Curious and Jubeele,

Thank you for reading.

I wish I could send the feelings and vibes that come along with these experiences. It would explain soooo much more.

Spiritwaiting
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
Hi spiritwaiting, your account reminded me of a recurring dream I've had for years of wandering through a beautiful roomy house. Each dream added on to the one before, showing me glimpses of this house from a different angle. I've always thought it was representative of self-discovery and learning various aspects of myself. But now I wonder if there's a also perfect house out there for me, just waiting for me to come home. 🤔

Best wishes to you and family in your new home. 😊
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
Spiritwaiting: I also believe there are no coincidence's. 😊 I think life gets a bit easier when we pay attention to the subtle signals that point to us heading in the right direction.

The dragging noises and booms in the attic sound unnerving. I'm assuming there was no evidence of rodents? Or perhaps the house settling? The man seen in the kitchen sounds a bit scary unless the scene was residual.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: