You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Peripheral Vision

Real Ghost Stories

Peripheral Vision

 

This won't really be a long experience, but just a few more things to add.

Yesterday, 3 times I saw something moving in my peripheral from the right side. The first 2 were quite quick and looked smaller than the usual height they have been, from any thing I've seen before.

The first one moved across the backdoor from left to right. The second Across my bay window in my kitchen nook. The windows have blinds and curtains that cover those.

I have 2 back doors, because of the add on room that I call the lounge room. The lounge room is off the kitchen, with 2 steps that lead down into it, and a foot across from those is the backdoor that leads to the backyard.

I had the backdoor open where I had a clear view of the backyard, When I saw this first fleeting small thing. I'll admit it could've been a small bird just outside the door, or even my puppy running across the yard. But for the time it took, and what appeared to me to be dull in color and closer than usual, it seems sort of improbable.

The second fleeting thing... The reason I say thing is because it was too fast to see if it was a shadow. I was in my hallway, cleaning the built-in vanity which was at this point covered with hairbrushes, lotions and various hair products.

I have a clear view of the bay window, only being about 10 feet away.

Yesterday was sort of cloudy, not too windy and a quiet day when I saw the fleeting thing. Its height was around 2 feet in height, moving again from left to right in my peripheral once again. I have become used to these, when they happen I shrug it off and keep my day going.

Now onto the third time this happened. Again I was standing in front of the vanity. My husband had made it home and was laying on the couch resting on his phone, 2 of my boys were sitting on the other couch watching TV and the other two kiddos were downstairs playing a game.

I saw my husband get up, walk across the living room and towards the kitchen, but what I noticed was the shorts he had on were of a different color and design. In reality, he had on black shorts with a red and white stripe down the side of the shorts. The spirit imitating him had on a tan sort of color shorts and the design on the side was a faded orange and lime green going down the side.

I saw him walk across the room, and it didn't hit me for a few seconds because the way it walked across the room was completely normal so I looked away, and BOOM! I instantly looked around the little wall that hides the vanity, and saw my husband still laying on the couch.

I know it wasn't him because I had given him the shorts to put on, and he doesn't own any shorts of that color with any sort of design on the side. And to confirm, I asked him "Hey, did you just go into the kitchen for something"? He said no, and continued on with whatever he was doing on his phone. My oldest looked at me he knew I saw something.

A week and ago he asked me if I had let our pup Tucker into the room with them early that morning. I told him no, that I had kept him in the lounge all night, so he wouldn't wake them up. He said "Mom, I could've sworn you put him in the room." I asked why and he said he thought it was strange when he woke up that morning and Tucker wasn't in the room with him.

Now Tucker is a big dog and when he gets on or off of anything he moves it. Same with his bed. Not only is that strange, but he said he saw me let him in and felt Tucker get on the bed and lay down. So when he woke up and turned over, fully expecting to wake Tucker up, was quite the shock when he wasn't there.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paranormal98 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-06)
It sometimes makes me giggle how mischievous spirit are, and how they like to playfully get our attention. It seems like a "now you see me, now you don't", kind of thing going on here with the peripheral visions.

The story about your husband is really strange, only the colour of the shorts being different. This may sound odd, but perhaps the doppelganger of your husband may have changed the colour of the shorts in order for you to recognise it clear as day without any doubts in your mind?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-04)
DarkAngel,

I've seen these little entities or spirits quite a bit over the years and only when I move into a new home do I get any feelings from their appearances. Almost as though its exploring the new surroundings.

Mazz,
I believe it's attached to me in some way. I honestly haven't gone into trying to figure what it is.

SeekingTheUnseen,
I am right there with ya.
I know so many people that are either scared of the unknown, or don't believe other dimensions etc exist.
I on the other hand have dealt with,seen,and experienced so much I couldn't possibly be a non-believer.
😊
Thanks for reading & commenting!
Spiritwaiting
SeekingTheUnseen (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-27)
I've seen the short apparition just yesterday... There is a small, roughly 2 feet tall "thing" I'll occasionally see in my peripheral, almost outlined in a faint flash-like grey light, and a quick split second movement and it's gone. It makes my heart start racing sometimes. Because it's unlike anything I'm used to seeing. Even though I barely saw it.

My mind has opened up considerably since I first started meditating 3 years ago. But I've always seen weird shiat since I can remember. This stuff is real, man. People doubt there is another "world." But I've seen a glimpse...
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-27)
Ahoy Spirit,

This is a very interesting account. I do recall seeing this sort of discussion on another story a couple of years ago. Something to do with parallel dimensions and frequencies. There's also the possibility that your house has something that likes to play human every now and then.

Intrigued,
Mazz
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-26)
Spiritwaiting- This is insane! Do you pick up any weird feelings from these entities?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-21)
Curious&lucia,

You both make vary interesting points.

I think in a way if say it isn't residual they may just want to be acknowledged and the way they get that is by imitating our loved ones.

I honestly have no idea if i've ever been imitated but I know my middle son,daughter,puppy,and now my husband have now all been.

Another thing i've noticed a lot, when we catch the shadows or spirits doing this more likely than not the activity tends to increase.

But the crazy thing is when we react to it, by turning our heads to look or go to investigate its natural for us to do so, so it feels sometimes theyre tricking us into acknowledging it.

I believe spirits are intelligent and can do this...
Just some thoughts though.

Thanks for reading
Spiritwaiting
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-21)
Hi spiritwaiting,

You mentioned a spirit imitating your husband, has this happened before? Has spirit imitated you in the past too? The only thing I can think of is residual energy. I know that sounds strange, but perhaps you caught an old "recording" of your husband.

If you believe we are energy and leaving our imprint, why couldn't we be creating our own recordings and catching a glimpse of that? Sounds crazy, but that's what popped into my head (it's late). 😜

Let me know what you think

- Dee
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
Interesting. What I always wonder is why these entities pick clothes to wear that we don't have on. Is it that they like certain clothes over others? Or colors? It's strange and funny and I always wonder this. Similar things happened to me once as well as I saw my son wearing his green shirt but I knew he had on a different colored one that day. I thought maybe he changed, then turned to see the real son beside me wearing something different. I just wonder why the entities choose to present themselves in clothes to confuse us?

I'd like to hear more of this story. Any more details?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: