You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unpredictable Knowledge

Real Ghost Stories

Unpredictable Knowledge

 

Let me start by saying this story mostly involved my mother, along with my kid brother and stepdad. For those that have read my other stories, this one also takes place in a small town in Ohio, my hometown. My mother had just moved into a house, which lay a mere 100 yards from our town's McPherson cemetery. My mother's house was being severely haunted by a ghost, to the point where she called in a paranormal team to investigate.

Now the paranormal team came in and did the usual EVP, heat sensor tests, audio, visuals, etc. However, whenever my wife (my finance from my earlier stories, we are now married) and I would go there, we barely felt a tingle in the air, and we both are ultra sensitive to this stuff. I started to think my mom was maybe having just a small haunting, and not the massive one she kept stating.

Now the paranormal team did get SOME evidence, such as EVP's and the occasional moving object (mostly Hot Wheels cars down the hallway). But nothing to even make me worried for my son's safety when she watched him. That was until my wife and I went to a Habachi steakhouse up near Lake Erie in Port Clinton (my wife LOVES sushi).

Now, we have been to this place 50+ times, and we know what to expect. Small talk with the other random people at the table and great food. As we sat down, my wife and I had a weird feeling and when we don't want people to hear us we sign to each other, as we both know sign language. At our table were elderly couples, all probably in their late 60's or early 70's. As we were eating the couple directly next to us kept looking at us, and we felt very weird. It was like a cold soul-piercing stare that made us both uncomfortable. Eventually we had finished eating and the man looked at me and said in a whisper, "That woman in the house... She was a real b*$#^!" I admit I was confused and thought he was talking about our waitress or something and said, "Excuse me?". Then his wife said something that literally froze my wife and I in place.

"That house, your mother bought it, the woman there was the worst. She'll get her, she was a b$&*^ in life to her husband and when he died, she just got worse. You best watch out, watch your little boy."

We were flabbergasted! This man and woman had never met us in our entire lives. Not only that, we were at a restaurant 20+ miles away from my hometown. We had even asked if they knew my family or how they knew I was my mother's son, anything that could connect them to somehow know me and my family, but all they would say is they know that house is evil, and the woman still there was the worst. Within seconds we got the check and got the hell out of there. Right as we were leaving I looked back at the table and they were looking at us smiling, and my blood ran cold. It was like a serial killer staring at you, just filled with absolute creepiness.

Even today we get creeped out going to that restaurant, because I mean out of all the people in Northern Ohio, how did we sit beside the 2 people that would "warn" us of this "woman"?

My mother moved out within 3 months, and is ghost free again.

Other hauntings by Krom1987

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krom1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Krom1987 (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
Gayatrishiva- I did state we kept asking them questions trying to connect them to us or the house or even the 'woman'. And I don't really think the theory of them trying to get the house is feasible, only because my grandparents are basically 2 of the town's 4 realators. So they most likely would've spotted a con happening. And considering the house is still up for sale lol.

Griff84 - yes it was nice of them to wait until we were finished, but damn did it creep the Hell out of me, and my wife and I have seen plenty of otherworldly stuff. But these people were right there, flesh and bone, alive, which made it unsettling.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Krom1987 - I am stumped. What the heck is up with those old people, were they like psychic or something? Really. This is messed up.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Krom1987 that is creepy and very unsettling, especially the creepy glances and smiling... Enough to send shivers up your spine.

On a positive note, at least they let you and your wife finish your meal before saying anything 😆

Thanks for sharing your interesting account 😊
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Sometimes it could be prospective buyer trying to scare the daylight as they might get the property for lesser rates. Or it could be a real warning I gave the other option because you could have had a little courage to ask the couples how they knew it or who they were... Just a different thought
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Krom1987- Oh wow! That would have freaked the sh*t out of me. It's just weird and amazing how "they" knew what they did. And even told you two! Makes me wonder that they had medium abilities? One would wonder IF they did and felt compelled to tell you what they did? However the smile they left you with gives me the shivers.

Thanks for sharing
Krom1987 (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Miracles51031 / bluemer04- well we THINK the old woman was the previous owner, because the previous owners were an older couple and the husband did die before the wife. I mean that's probably the most likely answer. However, being that close to the town's cemetery, you never really know.

It just really creeped me out, considering one of my high school best friends lives about 200yrds down the road. Where we spent most of high school playing Halo 2. Just creeps me out really.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
This is really creepy having someone told you something that is actually true where in fact there is no relation/connection at all to you or your family. Maybe it's a good riddance but who knows. I am just glad nothing bad happened to your mom and your son. Do you have any idea who was this woman by any chance were you able to ask anyone?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Krom1987 - Good lord! I would have been totally freaked out, went straight to my mom's, picked up my child and never returned!

Creepy smiles are the worst, I think. They leave us wondering what they know, how they know it and what they intend to do. I'm glad, however, that for whatever reason they shared that information with you. Sometimes the best warnings come from the weirdest, and most unlikely, sources.

Did you or anyone else research the history of the house to see if you could find out about the old woman the couple warned you about?

Thanks for sharing this with us and I'm so happy your mom got out of there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: