You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What Was In The Water?

Real Ghost Stories

What Was In The Water?

 

I'm from a small town in Missouri. I have a friend Aaron who invited me and some others to a cabin in Cecilia, Ohio. First thing I thought was cool was the only way to get to this cabin is by boat. As the cabin was in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by woods and marsh making it nearly impossible to arrive by any other means. This was a simple cabin with nothing of interest.

As we arrive by boat and unload from the dock to inside the cabin, we started drinking out side. Mind you by the end of the night no one was drunk or sloppy. Just a few beers. As we were standing outside by the lake we heard a splash. Thinking nothing of it we continued. This is when I saw something floating in the water. I asked my friends, especially Aaron, what could this be. I heard log, a bird, etc... But as I looked at it it looked like a long black hair with a pale face. No indentation of eyes or a mouth. So I just played it off as my imagination.

We continued the night inside the cabin when I had to use the bathroom. It being occupied I went outside to relieve myself. I walked up to the lake and I started. I noticed that this floating thing in the water was much closer. Myself being very scared due to the moon being out and illuminating the water very well. As it being closer it still looked like a face with long black hair just floating. As I called for everyone to check this out they dismissed it with the same excuses... Shivers down my back I just walked back in with everyone and finished the night inside.

We all fell asleep. I was on the couch with two friends on the floor next to me. Aaron slept upstairs in the bed. It was about 2-3 and I woke up to hearing footsteps on the porch. Already uneasy I just listened. I can only describe this as someone outside pacing as if they were lost. This went on for about 3 minutes and growing uneasy I asked Will next to me to wake up. As I said "Hey wake up" he opened his eyes and it looked like he saw a ghost. I realize he's been awake listening to it as well. As we made eye contact the walking stopped.

Literally 10 secs later Aaron, who slept upstairs, turned on the light and started yelling with bags in hand. He was screaming "Let's go!", "We need to leave!" "Now, Now, Now"... Panicking, we all grabbed our things ran out side and jumped in the boat. Noticing that Aaron was crying (respectively) and very shaky. We made it back to the vehicle and Aaron drove us to his parents' house.

Still freaked Aaron finally told us what happened. After we collaborated our story Aaron told us that he was asleep upstairs. He couldn't sleep and he rolled over and looked out side. Seeing nothing unusual for a sec realized there was a shadow in the right side of his window. Lifting up he stared at it as long black hair started to come in to view and then he saw an eye staring at him. This is when he jumped up and grabbed his bags...

To note: There is nothing around the cabin for anything to stand on to look through the window making whatever he/she was either super tall and floated. Also as we ran outside we saw wet footprints on the porch and whatever that was in the water was gone. To this day Aaron has found help to sleep and see's someone. His parents went to the cabin two weeks later. Only thing they noticed was the wet footprints still (not sure how but they did) and that's it. They experienced nothing more.

Sorry for the length but hopefully someone can shed light of this ghost or not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Auladant, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Jeepers creepers! That was a good one, thanks for sharing. My guess on this is she drowned around there and is not very content with where she is. I say that because she made you all feel very fearful, but that could also just simply because she appeared in a very scary form. Also, since you all heard her and saw her only outside of the cabin, my guess is she died outside somewhere... Maybe she was a murder victim. Through reading stories here and to my own belief, spirits show themselves based on how they feel. Example, if they are at peace, they will look bright, and feel warm and friendly. However, if they died tragically and their soul has not rested, they will show themselves in a not-so nice form, and cast a uneasy energy around them. I wonder if you tried googling that area anything would come up... Let us know if it does please! 😆
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
(At) Miracles: I am not saying O/p to provide me exact location... I just want to see how cabin looks like... Again do not want to see the exact cabin... I know I live in India and and I don't want to be familiar with the cabin Just want to see the example... Nothing else
Auladant (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
The Cabins Description: I'm describing this as if I just walked in and stopped. If you look right you'll see a kitchen in the furthest corner diagonally. Just a fridge, stove, sink, and to the right of that is a bathroom. Looking forward is the main wall with a window, left of that is stairs leading upstairs. Looking left there is a window somewhat behind me, and in the left a couch, chair, few lamps, and a tv. All this is under the upstairs. Going upstairs is all open. Just a bed in the corner to the right and a window to the left. You can look down stairs by leaning over the ledge. The entire thing is basically open.

I hope that helps with the description Shrush and Sheetal. And yes, the grudge is the first thing I thought of looking at it. That movie scared me as well and I passed it off after everyone teased me for seeing what I described. Is Kayako a legend, myth, or just a really scary movie?

Tweed, like you said, I am not sure why no one else saw what I could or took it seriously. It was a little strange how they passed it off as other things. Even when it was close, that's how I saw it. I'm not sure if they just didn't want to see it or if that's what they actually saw. Which leaves me seeing it in the water, and Aaron seeing in the window. Even after explaining it and pointing out the details they just stared and then kept passing it off like there is no way it could be that.

Besides the water thing and the beginning of the foot steps everything was fine and nothing weird.

I won't leave a address but i'm trying to get pictures from Aaron.

Tweed ill read the story you posted but if anyone has anything else related or ideas let me know.
liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Holy crap! That was something! Imagining an eye staring at me as I wake up abruptly in the middle of the night will scare the living crap out of me, leave alone encountering something like that.

It indeed resembles something like Kayako from the movie Grudge! 😠
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hi Auladant,

Jeeesh! Why did the people inside not take anything seriously? Could they not see the face/hair poking out of the water during the daylight when you were outside? Was anyone aware of something even remotely bizarre happening there before?

There was a story on here recently which might interest you. I think she still posts here occasionally, it would be interesting to see if she had water near by where she saw what she did.
Whoohoo just found it!
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22178
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Auladant:
😨 😭
This is super super freaking...
It is similar to Grudge movie which I watched when I was 8 and it gave me nightmares for whole month. I never keep any closets open even until now after seeing that movie.
When I was reading the story, it reminded me of 3 things from movie:-
1) Kayako appears in water of wash basin
2) Old women sees Kayako while sleeping
3) Kayako staring by one eye through door

And also would like to see pictures of cabin if you have any
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
sheetal - we just went through this for the umpteenth time about not providing locations of experiences. And why would you be familiar with this cabin when the o/p has indicated it took place in Ohio and you live in India?

Please, Auladant, do not provide a link or physical address to this cabin. An example of what the cabin looks like would be fine, just not the location.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Auladant... This is super scary story 😨 😨 😨 resonate with Kayako in the Grudge movie... Hey could you please provide some link of cabin, how it looks like?... As I am not familiar with this

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: