You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dreams Of Water

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams Of Water

 

A few years back into 2014. I used to have dreams that I would either crash in water with a truck or swimming in water or scuba diving with strange creatures for a long time. Always reoccurring dreams. Left me searching for answer in google for days but never had an answer. Before I get to the story why I think I had so many water dreams. I'm going to let you in some back ground of my boyfriend. He plays an important part. We have been together for almost 6 years now. We've had ours ups and downs but we somehow make it work.

Well before I met him I was single, partying a lot, getting drunk with my mom and cousin. Always getting hit on by pervy men. Some times I would even have one night stands with complete strangers which is something I am ashamed of. Anyways I started to get tired of this lifestyle. Waking up feeling like crap, getting messages from people I didn't even remember who I gave my number to. Just a mess of my life. I began to pray begging for help. I prayed for someone to come into my life and get me out of living with my mom. A few weeks after my prayers, and young new guy came into my work and his smile and personality drew me in.

I even told my mom as she worked in the same job as me. She just shrugged him off as she into guys with money not some young guy working as a chef. I didn't care I wanted him. We exchanged numbers and hit it off from there! We did eventually move and we're turning out great! I always remind him how he is my heaven sent boyfriend. He just blushes and thinks I'm joking. Now it's time for the event that happened to us.

It was 2016 and I still didn't have a drivers license and decided it's time to get one since we lived together and did not work in the same jobs anymore. Plus needed an extra car for his mom to use until she got her own. We finally found the perfect car and had the full amount to pay it off, it was going great. One day my boyfriend asked me to drive back home from a park we went to play soccer. It was minutes away. It shouldn't be too bad I had to learn anyways. Everything was fine until we got home. He asked me to park in front of a lake, which has a bridge and leads us to our apartment. Instead of hitting the brake I hit gas and drove straight into the water. Unfortunately this car had one window that worked which was the drivers side and it was up at the time. Well water was flowing in and the car was off I was freaking out trying to open the door in panic. My boyfriend turned to key the power went in and he put the window down. I got out and so did he. Cops came didn't give me a ticket or anything. But I swear after that accident I no longer had dreams of water. I don't know if it was a sign or message to tell me I was going to have a near death incident in water but I still think about it to this day.

Other hauntings by Vegan93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vegan93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Vegan93 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-22)
Hi whodat,
Unfortunately we lost the car. But we did get a car few months later our sweet neighbor let us borrow her car until we had enough money to get one. I did take driving lessons now I drive and haven't been in an accident since.
Whodat (42 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-13)
Wow that is so scary! Your story reminded me of how I used to have dreams of getting shocked with high voltage. I mean I could literally feel the current in my fingertips (of all places). It was so real but I haven't had those dreams in years. Hopefully I won't get shocked since I do work with electronic and electrical equipment. I'm glad everyone was alright, but was the car recovered? Did you go on to learn how to drive?
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Vegan, your story terrified me. Being trapped and drowning are two of my biggest fears. Your dreams sound like a bit of precog or premonition at work. I'm glad you don't have those dreams anyone.

L_Melb, I've had similar nightmares/anxiety dreams when I was learning (unsuccessfully) to drive. The worst one was about being at the wheel of a red sports car, not being able to stop and mowing down people on a "zebra" crossing. Ugh. Never mind, we can take the bus together!

Drive safely everyone...
Vegan93 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Yes! It was truly a miracle! I couldn't believe it I thought we were going to die! Thanks to my boyfriend he saved us!
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-12)
Wow Vegan, that is a strange set of events!
I never thought about what might happen with electric powered windows in this sort of situation (eeek!)
I must admit I don't drive, one of the reasons (excuse...) being the awful dreams I have where the car won't stop and I mount various footpaths tp avoid disaster!
Hmmm... At least now I feel like I'm doing a public service 😁
Thanks, and SO glad all worked out!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: