You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Christmas Wish

Real Ghost Stories

A Christmas Wish

 

I know there's life after death, I know sprits are real, and I believe if you are receptive, things will happen. It's a beautiful thing and I only wish it would happen more often to me! I've always been fascinated with anything of a spiritual nature and have dabbled in Astral projection, had some great luck with the Ouija board, and have dreams that feel like "visits".

I lost my Mom 12 years ago, when I was 26 years old, from a very aggressive brain tumor that killed her 3 weeks after her fist symptom. We were very close, like sisters, and when she passed away I suffered greatly. I still cry in my sleep sometimes. She was only 48 years old, and because I lost my Dad at 15, I felt very much like an orphan when she left me. I totally relied on her for support in every way.

Mom died in March that year. Our first Christmas without her, I went "home" for the holiday to spend Christmas Eve with my Grandmother, my Mom's Mom. Before I went to her house, I stopped at the cemetery to visit my Mom's grave. It was a cold snowy day in Massachusetts and I was feeling very sad, lonely, and depressed, still grieving. I stood at her gravesite and told Mom how much I missed her and how much I needed to know she was watching over me. I asked her if she could give me a sign, or let me just see her one more time. I really needed that. I was standing there, sobbing, looking off in the distance hoping to see her. Or hear her - something. Nothing happened.

I got in the car and drove down the road to my grandmother's. It was early afternoon and we didn't need to be at my Uncle's house for a few more hours so I laid down on the bed and rested while my grandmother sat on the couch, in the same room. We were both having a tough time, being the first Christmas without her, but neither of us wanted to talk about it. I didn't even tell her I went to the Cemetery because I didn't want to make her cry.

So I rested for a few minutes just thinking about Mom.

Suddenly - the TV across the room turned on. By itself! I looked at my Grandmother and she simply smiled and said "Angels". I smiled back and said "Yes, I know". We were both thinking the same thing but that was the extent of our conversation. The TV is fine, it had never done anything like that before, and the remote control was on a table no where near us. That was the sign I asked for, and Mom delivered. It felt very special and it had a soothing effect on me for rest of the Christmas season. This may not sound all that profound, but it really did have a huge impact on me.

I am also visited by my Mother regularly in my dreams and I truly believe this is her way to keep in touch with me and just to generally let me know that she's around. She came to me again in a dream a few months ago.

I usually dream of her in the house I grew up in, but this time it was in my house, which we bought 4 years ago. I was in my kitchen trying to call the dog to let him out, and the dog kept looking behind him and didn't want to come down to the bottom of the stairs. I kept calling for him, and FINALY he walked down the stairs. And Mom walked down right behind him! I ran across the room and threw my arms around her and gave her the biggest hug! I cried and I said - "MOM - You're here?"

She hugged me back and said - "Of course I'm here!"

Thanks Mom. I still miss you more than you know, and I'll never forget all of the memories we've shared. Merry Christmas!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IslandGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

soul_shine (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
This brought tears to my eyes!
I just submitted a story this morning about visits from loved ones & how as heartbreaking as it is to lose them, it's always comforting to know that they loved you enough to come back one last time & say goodbye, in some way. A beautiful sense of peace:)
I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how hard that must be, but thank you for sharing this. Hopefully it is a tad bit easier for you to cope knowing your mom may be physically gone, but she is not far from you:)
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Beautiful story, I had to see what Elijah1616 was crying about 😢 it is sad and I'm sorry for your losses but I am glad you were able to see her a few more times.

Elijah1616 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
crap this story made me cry!
😭 I would be so devastated if my mom or grandma died and will always ask for a sign that she is still with me! 😭
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
my mom is still alive, and I would definitely go devastated without her.

Your story is touching and it honestly made me cry...
ghostaric (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
sory but your story is AUSOME oh is it ok if I share your story with my pals in rome 😁
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
ouija boards are the gateway to hell, if I were you I would have done research on the board before I used it.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-24)
Islandgirl,this is romantic. I like romance and it makes me want to cry whenever I read a romantic story about your loved ones.

May Allah and Jesus protect you ❤.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Islandgirl,

I am sorry for your loss.

I enjoyed your story and I know that you enjoy the visits from your mom.

My sister visited me in a dream about two years after she past.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi IslandGirl. I, too, am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad this past January. It is difficult to deal with the loss of a loved one, especially around the holidays and also losing both of your parents must make you feel lost. I'm glad that you have your Grandmother and I'm sure you have many other loved ones still with you even though it doesn't replace what you've lost. I have read that spirits of loved ones do sometimes visit you in your dreams because they find this easier to pass through dimensions to get your attention rather than during a busy day when you are not paying attention. It is said that these visits are just as important as if they were to visit you while you are awake. My Dad has visited my daughter in her dreams and communicated with her as well as showing himself to her while she was awake. I do believe that your Mother turned on the t.v. As a sign to you and your Grandmother. She just waited until you and your Grandmother were both together rather than give you the sign at the cemetary. What a lovely story. I'm glad it brightened your holiday! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Islandgirl. I think it is wonderful that both you and your grandmother had the opportunity to witness this. I am sorry (For both you and your grandmother) that you had to deal with loosing your mother, (and she, her daughter) but am glad that she reassured you that she will always be with you. These are the most touching stories. Thank you.
IslandGirl (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
KimSouthO

Point well taken!

I haven't touched a Ouija board in about 18 years. It's real. It worked, and I was pretty scared by an entity named CHI who befriended us and made us borderline obsessed with playing with that thing constantly. He told me one day I would channel sprits. At the time I didn't understand what that even meant. A little too risky for me!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
HI IslandGirl. Thank you for sharing your touching story of your Mom's love and the sign she gave you. I really think that's what it was. She gave you your Christmas wish and shared it with her Mom as well, that's probably why she didn't give you a sign at the cemetery. I agree with you, she's visiting you via dreams. You'll always have that special connection and you'll probably always have those dreams. The bond you had with your Mom will always be as strong as ever. I wonder, do the dreams intensify when something important happens in your life? I really enjoyed your story, it's perfect timing for the season!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Islandgirl, thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it is to lose someone so close to you. I lost my Dad when I was 12 that was over 26 years ago and I still miss him. Though I do believe he still comes around to let me know he is still watching over me. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
I am glad you were blessed to know and to see that your mother is at peace but will always love you and watch over you.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Be VERY careful with ouijia boards. I have not heard of positive outcomes for individuals that have used a ouijia board regularly.

thank you for sharing your story.
God Bless!
IslandGirl (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Chris,

Thanks for commenting! I just read your post about your Mom - I'm sorry for your loss too. It's really beautiful to know she was there at the funeral and she toouched you and your sister like she did.

(P.S. - I'm 100% POlish... Born in America and I don't speak it, but I'm still Polish!)
IslandGirl (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Siddarth,

That's pretty observant of you! Yes, I was a lot closer to my Mom than my Dad. I was just a kid when Dad died so I never got to really foster that relationship. I love your theory that it was him, I never thought of that, THANK YOU! And I'm glad you liked my story. I think there are a lot of us out there that have heard from parents and grandparents after they've passed. It's so comforting to KNOW there is something else out there beyond the physical world, and that their love never leaves us.

Take care!
Kelly
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Ms.Islandgirl.I feel so sorry for you. My mother died to when I was younger but she showed her self to me and my sister. We didn't see her but felt her. You can read one of my stories about this incident. It is a lot easier knowing that someone who past away is always by us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi IslandGirl, I truly enjoyed your story. I believe when we ask for a sign we get it, we just have to be able to recognise it when it comes. As for our loved ones coming to us in dreams, I don`t know but I sure hope so. God Bless

FRAWIN ❤
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hello Ms.IslandGirl,
I'm very sorry for your unbearable loss. It sounded as if you were more attached with your mother than your dad.Don't you think so?. But you know what I feel? I think that the switching on of T.V was something delivered by your father. I feel that both are with you, still showering their love and blessings upon you. By the way, this one was the most touching story that I've read on this site and one of my favorites too.
Good luck
-Siddharth

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: