You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma's Message to Mother

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Message to Mother

 

My grandmother was sick my whole life. Having suffered rheumatic fever as a child, she never fully recovered and it seemed every year a new malady was added to her list of medical conditions. Every Christmas people would say, "We have to make Christmas special, this will be mother's last Christmas..." But from the age of 4, I would always say "Grandma's not going to die. She won't die until she sees my first born..."

When my son was born, grandma couldn't see because of cataracts. This was okay with me, if she couldn't see, she couldn't die. At this time I lived 60 miles away and didn't see my grandmother often, but when I did I would place my son on her lap and she would play with his hair. During one of these visits she said "Oh my God, he looks just like your father..." This really upset me because no one told me she could see.

The next morning I heard my 7 month old son playing in his crib. It was early for him to be up and he was laughing like I never heard him laugh before. I went in there to see what he was so amused with and there stood my grandmother. She was beautiful and healthy. Her body wasn't crippled up and she was young. She looked at me and said "Goodbye pumpkin..." then the phone rang. She said "That's your mother, tell her I always loved her..." and then she was gone.

I picked up the phone and said "Hi mom" before she said anything. She then told me grandma had died. I told her I already knew that and then I relayed the message. This made my mother cry, as my grandmother had never said those words to my mother. It's not that my grandmother never told anyone she loved them, she just didn't tell my mother. In her family, my mother had been the one child singled out for abuse and she hadn't lived a very happy life. It was the closure my mother needed and she now knows that she was loved, although it took me many years to come to terms with her death. For the longest time I believed she died because of me. If I wouldn't have brought my son to visit her, she wouldn't have seen him and she wouldn't have died. But I know realize it wasn't my fault, it was her time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NettyLou, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

har95 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
touching my grandpa talks to me all the time I wish my grandma would too you are a m=nice person I can see
❤ 😭
katebug (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
this story made me cry, its just so sweet that the grandmother would come to say those sweet things to you!:') and its not your fault
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi Annette, don't ever think it is your fault, You always said that your grandmother wouldn't die until she seen your first born, which I think that is special, and what was even special is that you were able to tell your mom that your grandma loved her, and that your mom now knows that no matter what she did or how much she thought she didn't love her, Your grandma was able to tell her through you. I loved your story and please post some more stories for us. 😊
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Hi Annette young,
I'm sorry for the loss. I think that your grandma must had been a great and strong personality for she endured a lot. Thanks for posting your lovely story. Keep posting for me as I loved your story.
-Siddharth ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hello Annette, how wonderful that you were receptive enough to receive this message from your grandmother. I am glad that she got to see your son. Children are such a blessing, aren't they? They bring whole families together across great expanses of space and hold us together in their love. Thank you for your story.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Annette. I loved your story. It is nice knowing that lovedones are by us. I bet your granmother loved all of you very much.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Annette, Thank you for sharing this very beautiful story with us. Your grandmother must have been a very strong woman to have gone through all she did in her lifetime. I'm glad she was able to send a message of love onto your mother through you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
A very heartfelt and heart warming story. I am so glad that your mother and grandmother could move on from their differences. I am also glad that you no longer feel the guilt associated with her passing. It was just her time and you brought a lot of joy into her life by bringing your son around her, I am sure. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Annette. I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandma and I'm glad you no longer feel guilt over her loss. I think you gave your Grandma a beautiful gift with what you prophesied, saying she wouldn't pass until she saw your son. She had a longer life, she may not have good health but she had the love of her family until the end. I believe, because of your conviction that she would see your son before she died, that she actually did get to see him, maybe not with true sight but with psychic vision. She may have been able to see exactly what he looked like- she did say he looked just like your Dad. She gave a gift back to you with her final visit, kindness to your son and closure for your Mom. Thank you for sharing your touching story of family love.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Thank you for sharing your story, I am glad your mother and grand mother were able to mend whatever bonds had frayed and that you were able to know that your grand mother was moving on, but doing so peacefully.

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hello Annette, thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story. It is reassuring to now that the ones we truly love is never really gone, they are merely somewhere on the other side waiting and watching. God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: