You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Watching from the Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Watching from the Attic

 

I was really exhausted. I had gone antique shopping with my Mom and her 2 best friends and we had just come home. They were unpacking the car, and I went to crash on the couch, kick back, and watch some TV. I clicked the on button. When I sat down, I heard a stretching sound. It sounding almost like... A creaking sound. I suspected it was the garage mechanisms on the ceiling. Although they were not in any use, it couldn't have been them. But my eyes quickly caught onto the styrofoam square covering the cutout in the ceiling that lead to the attic. I saw it partially open, and slowly closing. I almost died. I couldn't breathe. I ran out of that room SO fast, and QUICKLY closed, and locked, the door. I quickly grabbed my Mom's arm and whispered: We need to get out of the house, NOW! There is someone IN the attic! She and her friends got the gun and the phone (for the need of police) and went into the garage. I was scared out of my socks.

They checked both openings to the attic, and found no sign of life. Nothing at all. My Mom's friend (Heather) suggested it was the pressure from the door, when we opened it. But it was never closed. The front door had been closed, but I opened it long before the attic opening had opened. AND, it made a weird creaking noise that only stopped when I found its source by just looking at it. This happened a few times again not long after.

On a side note, I have heard this creaking sound before, in my bedroom. I was sleeping and woke up to hear a buzzing sound. I thought it was the fan. Then I thought it was the modem. But I slowly traced the sound to coming from behind my small cushioned chair in the corner. I ran out of the room and slept elsewhere.

So, again, please explain. Thanks.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Other hauntings by pinkpantherclue

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkpantherclue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Pretty close to the board lifting, but the time it happened before it was the afternoon. About 3 or so.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Interesting. Thank you, Pink.
Was the experience last night just about the same as when this story took place? Just curiosity speaking there, I like to "compare" my experiences if they seem similar.
Thank you.
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Great! I found out it may be the wind. You see, when its windy outside, it makes a lot of sounds. And that tile thingy moves. However, I do not recall if it was windy the day this happened. It happened tonight and scared me to death. I went to find my Dad and he was looking outside to see how windy it was. I'll keep you guys updated ^^
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Thank you, too, Jping. It is hard sometimes to keep some of the words out of our posts that we MAY use in our everyday lives. I myself have caught myself, and had to delete some things that may have come across the wrong way if read by someone else. Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
No problem, and thank you, Martin 😊.
We can see how busy you are everytime we log in to post, and all WE see is THIS end.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Thanks guys for staying civilized when in disagreement and letting go of an off topic subject on your own without me having to step in.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
This isn't the right site for a gun debate so I appologise for my previous comment.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
My apologies, Martin, if that last bit was a bit harsh. I guess my gee-dunk ribbon got bunched up and my American Pride just took over.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Hmmm, My father used to work at a large upper crust department store until it got sold to a subsidiary of the chain. There was one particular restroom (I might add that it was a FEMALE restroom no where near any outside doors where gusts of wind could get in) Often times, mostly during HUGE sales within the store (Christmas time, Thanksgiving Day, those big sales) he would be radioed with complaints that a woman in that restroom was being spied on from the ceiling as she had seen one of the tiles lift up so high, HALF of it was back up into the ceiling. Nothing was ever found to support the theory that a gust from the air conditioner actually caused this, but what other explanation could there really be? He had worked for that company for 40 plus years and had gained the respect of most everyone in the building, let alone in that store, so others would try to help him find the source through out the years. After all, my father had a special interest in the store, he helped in the building of the structure itself.
If there is an outside vent into the attic, that could attribute to air flowing through the attic and lifting the tile also.
Could you check your e-mail address, please Hun, looks like someone can not find you.

Gee, Thanks Jping for the "freaken typical of an American" jab. Pink does have a few stories on this site and I would think it to be irresponsible of her mother not to protect her charges, when very HUMAN dangerous things HAVE happened in the past to the family. Would you rather her to have picked up a pen and the cell phone? I can assure you that I, MYSELF, have been trained to use the pen, with the same deadly force, but much quieter than the gun.

In the future, could we leave out our stereotypical views of the various nationalities that join us in this site? It is degrading to both the commenter and the persons reading such nonsense.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hi pink. Excuse me.

Hello JPing. I really do not know exactly what you meant by "typical" of americans to get a gun. It could mean that when we are scared we always grab for a gun. It could mean that americans do not think of the paranormal first rather than an intruder. It could even be an insult on your part that America is very barbaric or that we have a lot of shootings or people that injure other people or murder. If it is, that you think that we have a lot of crime with use of guns or weapons period, than I would have to say that that happens ALL over the world not just here. I may be going overboard commenting back on your post/comment, but the way you came off was a little offensive if you ask me. I may be wrong. You may not have meant anything by it. AND, if I were in the same situation as pink, I may have thought of an intruder also. That's it. That's all I have to say.

Have a good one!
Shelby 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
Hahaha, whatever, Jping, if my daughter was perhaps in danger and someone was in our house and I had access to both a gun and a phone, I'd utilize both resources--any good parent would.

And I bet people in villages all over the world would do the same--except with RUSSIAN-made AK-47s! Haha!
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Thanks for the support, apprecitated :D

Ive lived here for... Almost 4 years :)
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
Hello pink, that must have been very scarry for you, I'm sorry to hear it. How long have you lived there? You could put a audio recorder just inside the opening and take it out the next day and listen for anything. You might get something, you might not. But then you would know. Or put a small web-cam up there, linked into your computer, and see what goes on in there. What ever you do, keep us posted.
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-30)
We grabbed BOTH of them...

My Mom had a reason to grab the gun. When she helped raise my Dad's 3 previous kids and was the "stepmother" the oldest of the children snuck in a boy and hid him in the attic, and told him he could come out and eat when they leave, and to go back in the attic before they got home. Well, if there was a "visitor" in our attic, he was obviously uninvited.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
I'm sorry to say it but how freaken typical of an American to grab the gun before the phone.

Nice story btw. Scary.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Freaky! If I were you I'd investigate more like, why is this happening? Who is doing it? I enjoyed reading your story, keep us updated 😁 ❤ Melonlover
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
And the house isn't old. But there is this thought that is practically tattooed in my memories:

When we moved in, the owner's son said "Watch out for my room. Its the *haunted* one!" And I've always thought he was joking...but...i don't know?
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Thanks very much :)

I said that it wouldn't have been the door because my Mom's friend and other's suggested it was the door.

Is it windy when it does that? I am NOT disagreeing with you, just trying to find the solution about where the air came from because it hasnt done it since, and I'm trying to figure out what type of event happened then that caused air, that hasnt happened now. (for example, it wouldn't be the fact it was windy, because its been windy lately, and I have seen no sign of the tile moving). But thank you very much, I will document it :D
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hi pink. I would also have to say that those ceiling tiles move at random times through the slightest bit of air change. It doesn't have to be a door opening or closing. If there is any kind of breeze at all whether the door is open or not it could lift. I had a place like this, it was added onto the house and we used it as a den. A door didn't have to be opened or closed it would get a little, slight breeze through the attic and lift up. I was not there with you, so only you know what you saw. However, I would guarantee that more than likely, there is a logical explanation. I would do as Kim says and document it when it happens and maybe figure out what may be causing it whether it be paranormal or something logical. Thanks for sharing your story. I would have been creeped out too!

Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
At this point, I would say to keep an open mind and log what occurs when you have these sightings or hear these noises. This will either confirm a logical explaination for what is occuring, or, you will then know if you are dealing with something that is not logical.

Do you have any idea as to the history of the house or land?

God Bless!
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
For example, some times I hear scratching sounds in the attic and think maybe its a mouse, or a tree scratching the house. But this was plain creepy. And it stopped only when I looked at it.
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
No, you don't understand. The WHOLE corner of it LIFTED up, and then closed. My Mom wouldn't grab the gun if she doubted me. It happened in broad daylight, and I have never heard these sounds before, EVER. I am always alert, and aware of everything.

I can understand the logical explanation, but there was also some things I don't understand. And I'm not saying it was a ghost, just some things in there I couldn't understand. You see, the garage door is sealed shut. The garage door connected to the house is always open, so there is no pressure at all with the air. The front door is opened and closed all day long because my Mom works in the yard, and every time it closes/opens, I never hear that sound/see the tile move.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-29)
Hello pink. I don't mean to degrade your experiences or sound insensitive but it sounds like to me that you have an overactive imagination. The styrofoam tile can lift up with just the slightest bit of air and there are all kinds of weird noises in a house. You don't pay any attention to them during the bustle of the day but at night when things get quite you can hear all kinds of noise. Take care.

FRAWIN ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: