You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Watching?

Real Ghost Stories

Watching?

 

My wife and I like to explore old abandon properties as a sort of hobby on the weekends.

One weekend we drove by an old house that looked abandoned and it wasn't posted to keep out and nothing was locked up like the gate or barn that was adjacent of this old house. There were old farm implements and several outbuildings on this property.

The barn doors were wide open and we entered, being careful not to touch or disrespect someone else's property and/or belongings. It's hard to explain the feeling we both felt almost immediately upon entering the barn. We walked around inside the barn and there was some cool old tools, and a motorcycle etc. We took a few pictures inside the barn and decided that we should probably head home and we had a creepy feeling like someone was watching us but it was obvious there wasn't anyone still living on the property. It was pretty run down and the doors to the house were all boarded up from the outside.

Just before we got to the gate to leave my wife, using her phone camera snapped a few pictures. One was of the house from probably about 200 feet, and one of the barn. All the while we both still had a weird feeling that someone was watching us.

As we were driving home my wife was looking at the pictures she had just taken and all of a sudden she said "Oh My God, there was someone there watching us", and she showed me a picture that she took of the house. Sure enough there was an older gentleman in the upstairs window of the house and when she zoomed in on him, it was obvious this guy was mad.

We continued on our way home, pretty much in awe at what the picture had captured. We were like well no wonder we had the feeling someone was watching us, because there was and the guy was obviously mad at us for invading his privacy.

When we looked back as we were leaving the property, and my wife snapped a few pictures, I remember specifically looking at the upstairs windows and there was nobody visible so we figured that the old man in the window was a ghost. For one, the house was nailed shut from the outside, which means if there was a real person in the house, he was locked in there and left with no obvious way to get out.

But as we were sitting on our couch at home looking at the other pictures, it became very obvious, without a doubt that we had just experienced our very first ghost, because in one other picture that was snapped at the barn, there was another person and it was without a doubt a picture of a ghost because there was a girl almost completely naked except for her pantys and she was transparent and it looks like her head is on backwards... I'm trippin right now telling you this experience. That's pretty much the end of my story and to this day we won't even drive by this property in fear of dragging one of the ghosts home with us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, muzikman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChristopherPershing (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-20)
Hi:)

Would love to see the ghost photos including all the photos of the abandoned home itself, I love abandoned places and their history.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-01)
Hi muzikman welcome to YGS.

Similar to Quirky and beingtrish, your photos would be much appreciated. I would like to request that they be sent in full resolution and not thumbnails. You can reply to the email that you received when you posted your story with the pictures and the admin will pair them with your story.

Separately, I agree with Lucia that one would be trespassing, and especially so if the land is ringed by a fence or similar structure.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-02-01)
I find abandoned houses intriguing as well but I've never ventured inside any. Is it even legal to do this? Abandoned or not it's still someone's property. Plus you never know if there is mold or toxins inside or a real homeless person/drug addict/unsavory type hiding in there. Despite it being boarded up someone might be hiding in there.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-31)
Greetings, muzikman.

If you know the address of the house, it should be possible to look up the history of the home. If you're unsure of the address, look up the town & street on Google Maps, and the address will show up when you're looking at the right location. The town's records of ownership, property transference, tax history, foreclosure, building permits for outbuildings, etc., are matters of public record.

You may be able to take the names of past owners, combined with the address, to do a newspaper/database search about the property's history. While the "mad" individual inside the house seemed threatening, I'm rather more concerned by the appearance of a translucent, half-dressed woman whose head is apparently backward. This seems very "off" to me.

Best,
Biblio.
beingtrish (1 stories) (13 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-31)
Hi Muzikman,

Wow! What a creepy encounter! Like Mr Quirky mentioned, would you be so kind in sharing the photos you and your wife captioned from that abandoned house? Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks.

Beingtrish
Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-31)
Thank you for sharing your eerie exploration experience with us, muzikman.

Can the photos be shared as well?

Kind regards,
Mr. Quirky

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: