You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What's Going In The Attic?

Real Ghost Stories

What's Going In The Attic?

 

I'm just an average 16 year old boy, picked up a job at a local hardware store to make my dad semi-proud of me. He thinks me working there is "teaching me life lessons," when in reality I'm just hosing out carpet cleaners and vacuuming carpets. Anyway, today, December 3, one of my managers told me to clean out the garage after the previous event we had on the first. The garage is our lumber room at the end of the main aisle in the top store (there's two buildings.) I was taking calls to load things, like concrete and 60 lb bags of bird feed, and sweeping dust and moving the curtain poles we used to obscure the lumber room for the event.

After this, I started dusting the shelves we use to keep special orders for customers. My co-worker, who will stay anonymous, was talking to me while he hosed out a nasty carpet cleaner, eventually leaving to load a pallet full of wood pellets (I'm under 18, so only he could use the tow motor.) A minute or so after, I heard boots walking behind me. I assumed it was my co-worker, getting the plastic we wrap the pallets with. Then the footsteps walked closer, I turned around and saw no one. Thinking it was just my footsteps from adjusting on my knees because of dusting, I stood dead still and listened. I heard the footsteps again, except this time they started circling around me, and I ran out the door.

Three days before this, I stared into the attic with the lights off, and my eyes went hazy. I'm not sure it has anything to do with it, the the attic is always cold, even in the summer, and I always get weird vibes up there. I'm sort of scared to work tomorrow after today. I mean, I heard some stories from other co-workers, but they were just semi-stupid, unbelievable ones. My manager is going to think I'm crazy, so I don't know if I should tell what happened? Is this all in my head?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dooktar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MyssiJ (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-05-14)
Did this happen in Wellington, by any chance? Just curious. Thanks.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
Dooktar-

Your dad is 100% correct! Getting out and getting a job at your age is doing exactly that. "Teaching you life lessons". I don't know anything about you but I pretty much do know that kids your age haven't had much life, age wise, to have had enough "lessons" to know what life is really about. I could go on and on and on but I'm sure you didn't come here for a lecture on your attitude.

You seem to have had one of life's lessons at the hardware store. What were some of the other stories you heard from your co-workers? Did any of them match up to what you experienced? Maybe you should talk to them again and really listen to their "semi-stupid and unbelievable" stories.

I don't think you've got anything to worry about really. You haven't been hurt, your co-workers are still there sharing their experiences and you got a "life lesson" out of it. Maybe something to tell your kids when you're telling them to go out and get a job so they can learn some "life lessons". 🙄

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: