You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It A Ghost Or A Kapre?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Ghost Or A Kapre?

 

After my last encounter at the subdivision, I never experienced anything again, until 9-10 years later. I think I was in my sophomore or junior year in college. I have trouble recalling the exact year whenever I experience anything when I reached my teenage years, but I always remember the incident clearly.

This time I no longer live with my aunt in Angeles City, and they no longer live in the subdivision that I always mention in my previous stories. I was now staying at our house in the province with my uncle, grandmother, and siblings.

We live in an isolated part of the province in Pangasinan where the nearest grocery store was around 30 minutes away and the nearest mall is an hour away depending on the traffic. The Barangay (village) we live in is near a mountain and about 10 minutes or so away from the highway via tricycle. Before reaching the center part of the barangay, you'll mostly see rice fields rather than houses.

Our house is in the middle part of the barangay. It faces the basketball court while at the back you'll have a view of the rice plains and the mountain. One night while I was sleeping, I suddenly felt a huge hand touching my chest shaking me like it was trying to wake me up in a hurried way. On the first few shakes, I wasn't able to open my eyes like I was paralyzed or something.

When I was finally able to open my eyes, I abruptly sat up and the feeling of someone touching and shaking me on the chest also disappeared the same time I opened my eyes. I looked around wondering who would wake me up but saw that my sisters were all asleep. We all sleep in the same room, we have one foldable bed and a double-deck bed. I sleep on the upper deck.

Judging by the size of the hand, I know that it was huge like it belong to a 6-7 foot tall person or thing. At first, I thought that it was just a simple nightmare, but I still feel the hand on my chest after a few minutes of waking up until I fell asleep again. If it wasn't a ghost, maybe it was from a Kapre as I've heard stories of a Kapre haunting some members of my family. We have a few mango trees around the house and a huge bamboo tree just beside our house lot. Our elders said that unseen creatures are living in them.

My cousin's half-sister, who we don't talk to anymore, has experienced seeing a Kapre in that house before.

It was my grandmother who told us this story, she said that Ate Vicky (not her real name) suddenly screamed after looking out the window at night. She said that she saw a pair of pitch-black legs outside the window. In Philippine folklore, a Kapre is said to be around 7-9 ft tall.

I believe in ghosts as I experienced their hauntings first hand, but I still have my doubts when it comes to mythical creatures as I haven't experienced seeing or feeling them. The shaking that I felt isn't enough to make me believe that it was done by a Kapre as I didn't see or feel anything unusual from my surroundings after waking up. However, I don't reject the thought that a lot of people in the Philippines have seen or felt the presence of these creatures.

What do you guys think about the shaking that I experienced? That was the first and last (maybe?) time I felt something while I was in the province.

Thank you so much for reading my stories!

Other hauntings by Panini18

Hauntings with similar titles

 

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Panini18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yohanchan_MCT (8 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-07-24)
Hi! YAY! Thank you for replying and for letting me use your story. I really appreciate it. I will put in the title, your handle and direct link to the story in the description of the video! I will send you a link once its out so you can check it.:) Here is my email so you can send me your insta, creepysister31 [at] gmail.com

Here's the link to my channel, its new but I hope you like it.
Https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCArRnEUcXC9oxcTuj2H6U7w

Take good care always!
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-07-22)
Hi Panini18

Are the Kapre known to enter houses? I only have a small amount of knowledge of Philippine mythology through my wife.
Panini18 (8 stories) (14 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-07-21)
Hello Yohanchan_MCT!

I'm glad that you liked my story. Yes you can use this story for your Youtube Channel. You can just plug-in my IG account for credits. Just mention your email here so that I can send it to you.

Also, you can drop down your Youtube channel here so that I can also hear it and your other videos. I'm also interested to hear more paranormal stories from fellow Filipinos.

Best of luck! 😉
Yohanchan_MCT (8 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-12)
Hi Panini!

Fellow filipino here! I loved your story! Based on your description, it does sound like a Kapre. I think its the only mythical creature we have in the Philippines that is around that height.

By the way, I want to ask permission though if it's alright that I read your story for my YouTube channel. Of course, I will surely credit the story to you and will also be happy to plug your channel or any account you want me to. I hope that's alright? Do let me know your thoughts. Rest assured, I WON'T post or use your story without consent. Thank you and stay safe always!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
2 years ago (2022-01-10)
Panini18 - it seems to me that maybe there were two things going on. Lady-glow mentioned sleep paralysis. That could explain you not being able to move. But the shaking, as if trying to wake you, makes me think maybe there was something else and it was trying to help you get out of the sleep paralysis.

Just to rule this out, do you have any deceased relatives, friends, etc that it could have been?
Panini18 (8 stories) (14 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-29)
Hello Rajine!

I don't remember what I was dreaming of and I can't remember if it was a bad dream or not.

Also, for those who don't know, a Kapre is a tree-dwelling creature in Philippine mythology. They are spirits that live and protect the forest or trees they are living in.

As for their appearance, they are said to have pitch-black skin, stand around 7-9 ft tall, are hairy, have red eyes, and smokes tobacco.

Hauntings from Kapres (Giant tree-dwellers), Tikbalang (Has a head of a horse and a body of a man), Dwende (dwarves), especially from Aswangs (shape-shifting ghouls that are once human, just cursed and are passed from generation to generation) and Manananggals (Kind of like a vampire but detaches their torso from their lower body, the upper body has bat-like wings and fly through the night to look for victims) are quite common up to this day in the Philippines.

There are some stories here about aswangs that are quite scary in the "Philippines" section of real ghost stories. Here's one of them:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4367
Rajine (14 stories) (781 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2021-12-29)
Hi Panini18

It's hard to say what you experienced, could be a ghost or not but can you remember if you were having a dream before this happened?

Also can you explain what a kapre is.?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-29)
It sounds like what you experienced could have been sleep paralysis.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: