You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting Of My House

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting Of My House

 

During the first 8 months of me living here in this house that was built in the 1800s. I saw a black shadow figure of a girl that dragged my dog under the bed. My dog was held under my bed for 10 minutes. My parents didn't believe what I saw until they had their own experience.

One night my sister stopped breathing and I was asleep next to her. I didn't wake up and I don't have a history of sleep walking. My dad said he was suddenly awoken by a girl that looked just like me. He said the girl sounded, acted, and even looked exactly like me. She even wore the same thing I wore to bed that night. So that of course made my dad believe it was me.

He told me the girl was saying in a stern voice like I do when I try to wake him up, "Dad, get up, Elexa is not breathing." My dad tried to fall back asleep but she wouldn't let him. Once my dad was sat up in bed and putting on his slippers he walked to the stairs fast and she was gone, he didn't even hear her going down the stairs which creak like crazy. My dad and mom went downstairs and got my sister responsive and breathing, my dad then forcefully woke me up and accused me of going back to sleep when my sister wasn't breathing I told him he was crazy and I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me the story and I knew he seen a ghost.

When my mom heard the story she laughed and told my dad he was crazy until she walked back up the stairs to go to bed and she heard a little girl aggressively say boo. My mom came running down the stairs to tell us what she heard and my dad looked at her and called her crazy.

The only other thing we heard as a family were footsteps. We were all sitting down having dinner one night when all of us went silent. We heard men's work boots stomping around upstairs. My dad grabbed his gun and walked up the stairs he went through every room with our old dog, Tank, who was a Rottweiler. They both came back down and found nothing.

My dad had experiences too. First of course it was the little girl. Then one night it was 3:00AM and he was asleep in his chair, suddenly he was thrown with his chair across the living room. He woke up and was lying on the floor with his recliner and he got up and put it back in place and went back to sleep. He then told me he was asleep in his chair which is right by a vent that leads to the basement when suddenly he heard a man's voice say, "Well hello." My dad got his gun and Tank and told Tank to go through every room in the basement. Tank did as he was told and came back with no one my dad also found nobody.

Now at 15 years old I have been having experiences at night. I've experienced seeing a man who looked very malnourished and lean staring at my closet and when I tried to ask who he was a turned and smiled at me and then disappeared. I then saw a little girl who had long dark hair who was staring at my closet too and when I was asking her who she was she didn't turn around just disappeared. I then saw a little girl at the foot of my bed who laughed and she jumped and tried to bite my arm but then she disappeared. Every time I see these people I jump out of bed and just run I don't know where I'm going but I just run. I need help and I need advice on what to do in this situation of multiple experiences.

Other hauntings by I_love_ducks24

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, I_love_ducks24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-15)
Sounds like a portal, possibly. Do you think your family would be willing to have a medium come to investigate and try to close it if need be?
SashB (4 stories) (5 posts)
+1
3 weeks ago (2024-04-09)
After reading what you have written, maybe the family shouls consider some form of spiritual assistance. A prayer or a cleansing. I pray all works out for you and your family
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-04-07)
"bound to have some residual energy replying itself"

It should be 'replaying itself'.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 weeks ago (2024-04-06)
Welcome to YGS.

Hi love_ducks.

I can't help but to feel disturbed at the fact that your parents didn't rush your sister to the hospital or call an ambulance after she had stopped breathing. Was this an isolated incident or does your sister suffer of a chronic condition that causes frequent episodes of apnea and they are used to help her regularly?

Regardless of the answer, I wouldn't discard the possibility of your astral body warning your father of the danger whilst your physical body was resting rather than a ghost mimicking you in order to help.

Did your dog react in any aggressive way when your father took him to check the rooms after the sound of footsteps?
A house that old is bound to have some residual energy replying itself between its walls and, perhaps, those footsteps are just echoes from the past but not exactly mean that a ghost was walking around.

Other than your dad getting "thrown with his chair across the living room", the activity doesn't seem to be threatening. Did he get hurt?

The spirits staring at your closet and then disappearing makes me wonder if there's a portal in your room and you either are just witnessing these spirits go through or you might be a sensitive.

Have your family asked for any religious help or tried to perform a blessing or cleansing of the house? Now that you are older you could discuss this with your family and work together toward looking a solution to stop this situation.

In the meanwhile, you can pray and ask these entities to respect your space and to stop scaring you. I know seeing these apparitions must be unnerving, but they don't seem to be trying to harm you.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (780 posts)
+2
4 weeks ago (2024-04-01)
Hi again

As I mentioned in your previous story, praying is powerful, I know it is hard, but try not to show fear, as you mentioned the house being built in the 1800s, one can imagine the amount of supernatural activity that's going on there, I wonder though if it's resident spirits or just passing one's, given the long history of the place it's a wonder exactly how many people must have passed away in there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: