You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Backdoor

Real Ghost Stories

The Backdoor

 

One time, I was at my friend's house. There was me and my 3 other friends, shay, sarah and ashley. Me and shay were in her room, sarah was on the couch in the living room and ashley was in the kitchen. The door to the garage is in the kitchen and the way that the couch is sitting, it is facing the back door. The back door was locked and the broom was up against the door handle. My friend's dog started barking (he sleeps in the garage) and sarah ran to the hallway. Ashley was frozen and I ran into the kitchen, just as the broom fell and the door opened. Sarah was already gone. We got scared and shay, sarah and ashley started to cry. We ran by shay's mom's door and stood there because we knew we would get in trouble if we woke her up. She woke up and told us everything was ok and went to bed. We were still scared, so we sat on the couch staring at the door. We saw a figure in the window walking back and forth (in the garage) so we got scared and ran by her door again. Of course, we got in trouble but we didn't care, she said that everything is ok and the doors shrink when its cold. She went back to sleep again. We didn't believe her so we slept in shay's closet (it takes up the whole wall).

The next day, we asked shay's step dad if doors shrink when its cold and he said no. We told him that's what becky said (shay's mom) and then he obviously remembered becky telling him something about that and said "Oh well, they do, I forgot!". We didn't believe him!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

thebee (18 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
This isn't paranormal its just you and your mates been daft at a whatever, why would you run upstairs because a dog barked
Brenden (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
I was at home by myself sitting down and I saw a light go on the wall it wasn't a flashlight. I said what ever it was come back and then the light covered my eyes and I couldn't see a thing. I new at that moment it came back and it showed its self like it wasn't afraid of me. I think it was a bad ghost or a good ghost.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
hey Carissa, did you say that Sarah ran away, like she went back to her own house? I didn't get to you on that part but I do think that the house is haunted. It isn't very uncommon for houses to be haunted and the spirits do get annoying but you get used to them, it may not be too easy but you probably will eventually get used to it, well good luck, and take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: