You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Ghosts Who Fight

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Who Fight

 

I was walking along the riverfront, just minding my own business. It was around 7 p.m. In the evening, and I was trying to unwind after a long work day. It was ink black dark already, and it was hard to make out the path.

The air was eerily still, and with each step, a feeling of dread kept pulling at me. I was becoming nervous, and my eyes strained to see what lay in the bushes. As a kid, do you remember the feeling that someone was about to jump out at you?. Well, this is kind of what it felt like only worse.

I picked up my step, and hustled as fast as I could. It made sense to me. I know what you are thinking. If someone was about to grab at me in the dark, it didn't matter if I was moving slowly- or as fast as a commuter train. Gulping in deep breaths, my heart felt like it was sitting up in my throat.

I could hear a disturbance behind me, and I stopped to turn, and listen. The ruckus grew louder and louder, and then a voice rang out...

"Lady, Get outta the way! "... I heard.

So I moved off the path. I was thinking it was someone speeding along on a bike. I didn't want to get hit in the dark, so I stood there-waiting, close to the waters edge. Instead of a bike flying by, what happened next took me by complete surprise.

Two men were fighting with each other! They weren't solid, but ethereal GHOSTLY men!. They rolled around on the ground a few feet away, and I tried to find a way around the fiasco. There really wasn't any, so I moved even closer to the waters edge.

I could hear every blow, every curse, and see it as clearly as if they were living beings. It was terrible to watch. They were pounding away on each other, and all I could do was stand there, and wait for it to be over.

There seemed to be an ethereal glow following them where they fought and a white mist surrounded their every movement. It had to have been the strangest thing I had ever witnessed.

This went on for around five minutes, and one of the Ghost men rolled into the river. I think he was punched and fell backward. I was up against a shrub by this point, and I didn't want to slip into the river with them. The second Ghost followed the first, leaping into the water with an angry splash. They continued to fight and push and shove each other under the black water.

I moved back up to the path by this point, and turned to look at the action in the water. They were gone! I didn't wait another moment. I got out of there as fast as I could.

Yes, if you are wondering. Stuff like this happens to me quite often. I don't try to make sense out of a lot of it, but this was one crazy experience. I had never been pulled into a Ghostly Brawl before, but I was certain- it wouldn't be the last...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
hm...sounds like they died g=fighting that fight so they are redoing it over and over and over... Poor souls they will never find rest...

Till next time,
~Tora
Okami~
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Well, as one poster on here replied to a certain story, I'm completely speechless.
This is a new one for me, but since you've affirmed it by word I'll add it to my fave list promptly.
What a sight to see...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Succubiluv: All my stories here are TRUE stories taken from my actual experiences. There is all kinds of warfare out there, the spiritual realm has fighting between good and evil, and although this is just one experience of entities fighting, there have been many instances of watching ethereal beings cling to things they did in the physical world. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it happened...Blessings, Ghostseer... No offense taken...
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
GHOSTSEER;

Believe me, no offence is intended when I ask (as sincerely and respectfully as I know how) --Are you saying that this is 100% true and not meant as entertainment?
You actually heard and saw a pair of spirits engaged in hand-to-hand combat?
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
ChrisB: It's more than hard to be sensitive, but it is entertaining at times, and I will never say I have a boring life! Blessings, ghostseer
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I think Tonith is right. Being a sesitive can sometimes be very hard. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
DeviousAngel: You know, you could be right. I never thought they may have been carrying a grudge with them. How sad to still be fighting in the eternal realm, and silly!Blessings, Ghostseer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
ghostseer - thanks for another excellent story! Man, that would've been quite a shock! I can't even imagine how I would've reacted! Good thing you had the sense to move though... Maybe they had some kind of problem with each other in life, and they're still duking it out!

Blessings,

DA
scarface (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Yes, if you are wondering. Stuff like this happens to me quite often. I don't try to make sense out of a lot of it, but this was one crazy experience. I had never been pulled into a Ghostly Brawl before, but I was certain- it wouldn't be the last...

I like turtles
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
I kind of thought it was residual UNTIL one of them yelled, "Lady-get outta the way"...I was just confused after that. It was quite a surprise!...Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
😲 Strange I never seen a ghosts fight in my life 😁 If I had I would have been Confuse or whatever I would be.
I would probley stand there and watch Cause I always watch wcw wrestling on tv when I was a kid with my daddy. I do enjoy reading your story all of them and by the way My mom own a book store and I did had a ghost book.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
I don't know if I would want to be as sensitive as you but I can imagine it makes life interesting. Sounds like a residual haunting and you were sensitive enough to pick up on it. Kudos! I think lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: