You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Careless Whisper

Real Ghost Stories

Careless Whisper

 

Here is another weird story that happened to me when I was young, this time I am on my early teens.

Me and my stepbrother always went on summer vacation to our aunt's house in Pasig City. We love it there as she lives in a subdivision wherein lots of the residents have children our age and the subdivision has a huge playground smack in the middle of the place. We would usually stay for the whole 2 months and then return home before school starts.

My aunt lives with her only daughter. My uncle works for the Bureau of Customs so he's mostly out at nights. We sleep in her daughter's room as our cousin stays with her mom in the master bedroom.

For the last few years, nothing eventful has ever happened to me in that home. In fact, we always love it when summer vacations came in because we are excited to meet again the kids in the subdivision who of course became our regular "summer" crew.

However, one night, after a very busy day of playing and riding our bicycle around the subdivision (which during that time was not yet full of houses, meaning there were still some lots that are vacant), me and my stepbrother ate a hearty dinner and went upstairs to play Nintendo Family Computer, which was the fad then. Afterwards, of course, lights out for us.

I usually slept in a "sporty position" as we call it. It's sideways with one leg stretched straight and the other bent as if on a sprint. Anyway, just as I was about to doze off, I was jolted to full wakefulness by some unrecognizable sounds. They sounded like buzzing of sorts. At first I thought it was coming from the wall where I am facing (which is the wall dividing my aunt's room from our room). I sat on my bed, put my ear on the wall, trying to hear if my cousin or aunt was still awake, but I heard nothing.

After a few minutes of waiting and listening, I got tired and sleepy, so I lay back down and tried to sleep. And again, when I was about to be taken in the land of dreams, there it was again. A distinct sound. This time I did not sit down as the sounds appeared not to be coming out of the wall, but from my pillow.

I tried to listen harder. Now the sounds were more recognizable. It was not a buzzing sound but a whispering sound. A whispering sound of different voices, genders, and ages. I was not able to make any of the words they we re saying. But the whispers do not stop except if I sat down on bed. As soon as my ear touched the pillow, the whispering would start.

At first it was okay. I mean its crazy, thinking how can you sleep with "something" whispering in your ear. I was able to ignore it at first, by lying down on my back instead of my normal sleeping position. But after a while, I got tired. I get so restless at nights. You see, the whispers get louder and louder each night, still unable to make out any words, but definitely the sort of buzzing sound are louder and they get in my head too much that even during the day, it seems I hear "them" whispering.

I had asked my stepbrother to swap beds with me. I actually forced him to swap beds with me (hehehe -- advantage of being older). And for quite a few nights, I had good sleep.

But again, after a few nights, the whispering started again. This time not from my pillow, but the sound would come from the antique chest at the foot of the bed that belonged to our very young grandmother (who lives in Alabang that time). And not only that, the whispers are now accompanied by a couple of other sounds like knocking and grumbling. It's as if they are trying to get out of the chest but unable to.

I was not able to tell my aunt about it, as my aunt is a much known skeptic, and if I had told her she would definitely bring me to a psychiatrist. So I just endured the whole 2-month period, trying to sleep on my aunt's room's floor, giving her an alibi that I liked to sleep in an air conditioned room (hers was the only air conditioned room).

The next summer, I never went on vacation there again. Apparently, my grandma told me (the one who owns the antique chest), that the house was haunted by not 1, but 3 ghosts: a black lady, a burning lady, and a faceless man. And that's the reason why she lives in Alabang with our other aunt.

Other hauntings by Necropolis_Seraph

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Necropolis_Seraph, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
To Tonith:

So true. I'm also a skeptic at times. And I always try to find a logic reason for all the things happening to me first before thinking of anything else. Sometimes I ask opinions, like in this case. I really thank you for all the honest input. Same goes to all the people who has put in their comments. Thanks guys. 😊
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
It reminds me a lot of 'Exploding head syndrome' if you ask me, but since it only happened in that exact house I doubt it.
I've had similar experiences though it's a scary thing to go through.
Thanks for sharing with us. ❤
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Necro,
Please understand that you are not crazy. That's first and foremost. I used to think the same thing when I was younger and would walk into a room to ask my mom what she wanted, because she had called my name out, only to find out that she hadn't called my name. So for a while there I thought I was losing it. Then I started talking to people and found out about people who aren't phsycic, they are sensitive. I think I fit in with the sensitives. So I know how you feel about all of this. You have this gift so you have to learn to not be afraid. I also hear voices but I can't see who the people are that are talking to me. I don't hear them all the time. Just every once in a while. If you would like to discuss this further then e mail me. My e mail is on my home page. I would be happy to discuss it with you. I have 5 stories on here that you might want to check out. I think you might be able to relate. Good luck. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
to raingrl
Thanks for the supportive comment. While I believe in the supernatural there can be natural reasons that induce what seems supernatural. Before we label something supernatural I think we have to rule out all other reasonable doubt. If we have to reach too much to explain something chances are it's the real deal and not something that can be explained away.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Necro,
Glad to know your hearing isn't an issue. I don't know why some people experience these things while others go a lifetime without anything happening they can't explain. You sound very sincere as to why this is happening and you are not crazy. You are probably just sensitive. The hard part is not letting the fear get the better of you. You are not alone. Many people have the same gift but different levels of it. You also have validation that the place was indeed haunted by what your grandmother told you. I would imagine it could happen again if you are in a haunted place and your senses pick up on it. I hope for your sake it was a once in a lifetime deal. Not all with the gift want it and to me that's perfectly understandable.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
To zoajet

No, I never came back. No matter what my aunt offered me, I never went back. My parents kept on asking me why (they thought I might be being treated badly), but I just told them I don't want to go. My aunt no longer lives there. She transferred to a different house in a different town.

Thanks.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
To raingrl01

I was so hoping I'm not though, as it is really frightening. I was actually hoping that it would stop when I grow old. Back then I just contented myself in thinking its a just my wild imagination running berserk. But it continued until I'm old.

Thanks.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
To Tonith

My hearing is very good. I have studied in private schools that have annual check ups every year, including eye and hearing check ups, since my elementary years to college. I also work for a contact center as of the moment, hence I have to have good hearing in order to stay in my job. So I don't think this is just an issue with my hearing. Plus, this and the other story I posted are not the only times that I have encountered voices or whisperings. I would love to post them but the submission page is closed as of the moment. This is the reason why I'm sharing my experiences so that hopefully, I would know if I'm just plain crazy or not.

Thanks again.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Very good poing Tonith. I have never thought of it that way. It is something to look in to. It sounds as you may be sensitive Seraph. Good luck and keep the stories coming. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
First, I would have my hearing checked. That said, then I would want to know why I'm picking up on disembodied sounds. Some think it's possible that you are just picking up on past conversations that somehow are embedded in that place. Certain rock foundations quartz,limestone,granite seems to have these qualities making them like a natural recorder. You may be the one that can hear it when most of us couldn't. Maybe that's what being sensitive is all about.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
there is a voice that keeps wispering the sme thing to me, and it even wrote down them some times. This wouldn't really creep me out if it wasn't for the words it says. I have no idea about them. It kept saying "kur nisno ligua deqir mushia" Did you ever go back to the place? And did they ever harm you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: