You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Knock On Our Front Door

Real Ghost Stories

A Knock On Our Front Door

 

This happened when I was still young, round 6 or 7years old that time. We were living in Cavite, me my mom and my dad. My mom was sick during that time. She had been sick for 2 years actually with Lupus so she had to always rest in bed. My dad had a car shop in Mandaluyong City and would often come home late.

One specific night, when me and my mom were sleeping, I heard a knock on our front door. After a few seconds, I heard my dad say: "Anak, pabukas ng pinto (child, please open the door.) " I looked out our window, which would let me see the front yard and directly to the front door steps, and saw no one. Thinking it was my imagination, I went back to sleep.

Just as I'm about to doze off again, I heard another knock. And again I heard my dad asking me to open the door, this time calling me by my pet name that only he calls me with. Somehow, I felt really scared of the voice. So instead of going downstairs and opening the door, I looked out the window again and same thing, no one there on our front steps.

Getting really scared, I ran back to the bed, tried to wake up my mom. But all I could ever get is a moan and she would not budge. So I hid under the covers and closed my eyes.

After a few minutes, the voice came again, this time not as sweet as earlier. It had the angry voice of my dad. And the knocking on the door became banging. "Anak, sinabi ng buksan mo pinto eh... (pet name)...pag ano ba?! Di mo ba bubuksan ang pinto?!?" I was so afraid that I was shaking all over but did not budge. I just stayed under the covers, trying to block out the sounds until I fell asleep.

The next morning, I asked my mom if she heard anything. She said no, she said she had a good sleep. And my dad? He came home right when we were having lunch, said he had to stay on overtime due to a celebrity's car needing overhaul. So who was the person with my dad's voice trying to get into our house?

I don't know. I'm not psychic, I don't have anything supernatural. But when I told my grandfather about it, he just looked at me and said. "Apo, wag na wag kang sasagot, wag na wag kang lilingon. Ganyan talaga anak."

I didn't know what he meant. But I soon found out as I grew older. And sure enough, you'll read more stories about my experiences here.

Thanks for letting me share my story.

Other hauntings by Necropolis_Seraph

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Necropolis_Seraph, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam76089 (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-12-19)
Goosebumps...I don't any experience anthing like this... GOB Bless
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-28)
Wow...this happen to me and my brother too... We were home alone that day. I was playing plant vs zombie on my hand phone and my brother is chatting with his friend on his laptop... At around 9 pm suddenly our dogs start hauling and at the same time I heard a knock on the door and my mom's voice calling me to open the door... I was about to open the door but my brother beat me to it as he was nearer to the door... I was standing behind him when he opened the door and there is no one outside... We looked at each other and closed the door quickly and ran to our rooms... 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Johnny_Blart - I'm sorry, but where did you hear this? I've never heard anyone tell anyone else they cannot speak in their native tongue. As a matter of fact, we have had members become interpreters to help alleviate confusion.

And I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the #1 rule of YGS. There are things that are far more important than that.
Johnny_Blart (24 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Ambrose:
Most Important Rule of YGS: Never use any other language except English

Shadow A-47 (Formerly Karad)
ambrose (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Yung lola ko naman ganyan din yung experience niya may kumatok sa pinto namin around 11pm tapos sabi daw Nay' akala niya yung ate ko yun. Bubuksan niya sana pero hindi sumagot. Dun na siya nagtaka. Tapos
Bandang 2am lang umuwe yung ate ko. Tinanong ni lola kung siya nagsalita ng Nay at kumatok hindi naman daw. 😨 😨 😨
lalabusabos (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-01)
im curious, is it bad to reply on that voice? What will happen?
Because I have an experience way back then, I'm shouting outside our house saying "ma open the gate", "mama...", "maaaa" I repeatedly said those and bang our gate thinking somebody's home, then suddenly there's a girl's voice replied on me asking "oh...baket?" I said "open this gate", waiting for several minutes, no one open the gate, so I started again my shouting and banging, then my friend came telling me that my mother left with her friends, I told to her that someone's replied on me, so then, I go to my grandma's house, my mom left the keys to her, and said nobody's home.

(sorry I'm not good in english) 😉
o-chibi (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
I had the same experience when I was in college. It happened to me once and it never happened again. I'll share it here too.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
LoL! I remembered this one time my parents got pissed at me... It was dinner and we have the door to the backyard right behind my side of the table... My dad, mom, sis and me were just eating casually when suddenly our dogs (12dogs) started barking for like 5mins... Then my dad got pissed and shouted for them to stop... But they didn't (which they usually do)... Barking continued for 'bout 3mins more... Then they stopped... Then 3 knocks sounded behind me (the backyard door)... I was going to open it then my dad shouted not to... But... Mischievous me,,, openned it as a joke, cause I didn't believe in those "knockers" thingies yet... When the door openned I saw the most BEAUTIFUL girl outside the door and she was calling me for help... I was going to go out the door but then my dad slammed the door before I could... Then he spanked the heck out of me... I got scared of my dad than the woman I saw... I rememebr dreaming of that woman for a few weeks (got infatuated for some reason)...
Shannonchikawow (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Good thing you decided not to open the door. Or that could've been the end of it. Good thing also it just decided to stay at your door! I too would be trembling if something like that ever happened. I've experienced dopplegangers, but not the speaking kinds. 😨
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
I, too would have resisted the temptation to answer the door to a knocker. But after it happened the second time... Its always been hard for me to resist a pair.

:P
Lou
Alphawestfall1300 (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Hi Seraph, according to my elders, these "Knockers" knock at your door before and during the end of the world and they get you if you open the door, and they are associated with the devil. However I really don't know what your grandpa mean, might be a bad spirit or Death itself who is coming for your mom. But your experience is really scary especially that practically, you're the only one awake inside!
Smokebear (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Me and my brother experienced that kind of a similar thing. When I was a kid, someone always call on me at the door during night. Especially when I'm alone in the Sala. I answered back "who is it?" but I never got a response. So I just keep on doing what I've been doing (I guess, I can't be disturb easily when I'm playing... Hehehe...) I never been threatened like that though.

Thanks for sharing!
JustSaying (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
:O I lived in Cavite from birth until I was 8. Strange voices would talk to me too, offering to play with me.
yelii (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
Did you ask your grandpa if why is it good that you didn't answer the voice? Would there be something bad that'll happen to you if ever you answered or even open the door? I'm just curious 😊
Thedarkchocolate (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Wow. This was one of the most creepiest and strangest stories I've ever heard on this site. It's a good thing you didn't answer the door or answer to him calling you because the person you thought you heard could either get sick or something really unfortunate would happen to them. Excellent story. Really gave me the chills.
merlin (23 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
your story reminded me of my friend in my primary grade school years.
I don't know why he suddenly advised me not to answer if in the middle of the night I hear my name being called.
He said if you try to answer it, the thing will get you.
I really don't know what he really meant by that.:)
JeffGhostbuster (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
maybe it was just a talking dog that sounded like your father 😊 😊 😊
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
To Tonith:

My mom is actually a different story that I don't know if I can ever write down here. She died a year after that event, and her illness has always been a mystery to us. She was not on medication, as she is not brought to a normal doctor during the time she was sick.

To Lawboy 386:

No more knocks on that house. Whispers, yes. We moved out of that house after a few months as we were trying to find a doctor or healer for my mom.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
I'm not sure what to make of this but I'm glad you didn't let anything bad into the house.
Ghost stories from the Philippines always interest me the most, if you have any more experiences I'd love to hear them ❤
Thanks for sharing:)
grampa_hann (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
"Apo, wag na wag kang sasagot, wag na wag kang lilingon. Ganyan talaga anak."

- "grandchild, do not answer, do not look. That's the way it is, child.":)
Lollypop (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
Dear Seraph,

What was it your grandfather said at the end? You forgot to translate that, too! Lol 😊
lawboy386 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
wow this is freaky! Has anyhting like this ever happened to you again?
Thanks for sharing!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Necro,
I will admit the most convincing detail of your story is when you couldn't wake up your mother. Unless she was taking medication to sleep because of her illness she should have heard you. Something didn't want her to hear you or feel you trying to wake her. As a mother and grandmother I know how we moms are about our children being frightened and we want nothing more than to comfort. I wonder what visited you that night?
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
To Tonith

If the post was for me, yes I am very sure I am very much awake that time. This thing happened not only for a while. The knocking and the angry voice kept shouting for more than an hour. And I remember each detail of it until now that I am already in my late 20s.

Thanks.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
I know you are pretty much convinced this was not a dream but there is such a fine line between when we think we are awake and actually being awake. Should this happen while wide awake let us know.
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Hey,
Im 13 years old and I think I have a gift. I often have premanissions of weeks months even years. But what frightens me the most is when I was about 4. I was watching Tv when it went on hash. As a normal kid would I turned the Tv off. But as I did there was this face in the Tv, I smiled at it, and its eyes widend and it grinned. But this smile was sly. I didn't like it and I turned my Tv off. After that I kept having images of him and being woken up by whispers like " (My name) " and when I would call back who is it there would be a fdaint whisper of "What". Can any one help me? I have many more stories and hope to publish them, I believe very much in spirits, and respect them greatly. As for this article I am conserned about them. Do you hear any more knocks? Or what about voiuces?

Thanks
X
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
I forgot to translate some of the lines in English, sorry for the mistake. The "Knocker", on the next and subsequent knocks, keeps on telling me to open the door, threatening to spank me or hit me if I don't.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
No more knocking experienced. Thank God for that. But I had a lot of different other experiences in the house that's related to my mom's illness. My grandfather told me that its common in our family to always hear voices. I don't know why though.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
So what did your grandfather tell you. Did you ever experience anymore knocking on the door.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: