You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Friendly Visit? 2

Real Ghost Stories

A Friendly Visit? 2

 

A few weeks ago, I wrote about possible haunting in my house after the passing of one of my good friends.

If you want to know what happened, read my previous story it's a pretty short one.

I didn't write earlier because, I was still hoping it was my imagination, I was still in shock at the time and thought I was simply seeing things.

For the last week, things have been quiet, the cat calmed down few days later and I stopped feeling a presence around the house, I still had weird dreams from time to time, but, I didn't pay much attention to them, sometimes I dreamt I was chatting with him on a phone or through internet, like I always used to, but, suddenly I would hear disturbing noises and would wake up in the middle of the night.

Three days ago, my niece was staying at our place; she is a playful 10 year old girl, and we spent time chatting and playing all day, I even forgot I was still depressed and we both had a lot of fun. At night, she told me, she would prefer to sleep in my room, because she was afraid to sleep alone and of course I agreed, I didn't have any strange dreams that night, and actually felt better, I still missed him a lot and thought about him quite frequently, but, I didn't feel that much depressed anymore.

We were both sleeping when I felt as if the bed was being pushed by someone with a huge strength, I actually clenched the sheets in fear and opened my eyes, my niece was hiding under the covers and our bed stood like it used to and of course, there was no one in the room, I asked my niece what happened and she told me someone was pushing the bed and there was no one in there, I didn't want to scare her, so I told her she probably had a nightmare.

After she fell back to sleep, I got up and started to look around the house, just in case. I was really frightened and picked up a knife from the kitchen, holding a phone in another, ready to call the police if I found someone, the house was empty and quiet, the cat was sleeping in her bad in living room peacefully and I calmed down a bit, because, I knew she would definitely react, if something was wrong.

Since I still couldn't sleep, I decided to watch TV for a while and turned it on, lying on a couch. After a while, the cat suddenly jumped and rushed upstairs, I could hear her loud, angry mewing and decided to go up, that's when I heard my niece scream and I rushed into the bedroom to find her again, hiding under the covers.

After I calmed her down, she said someone was now turning the bed over, but, when I turned on the light and looked at the bed, it stood just like it always used to. We both spent the rest of the night downstairs, the cat returned to the front door, like she did when strange things started to happen.

My niece left the house next evening, and I was scared to be alone, since my father is away for some time, so I asked my friend to stay with me. Everything was quiet until morning, then I started to feel the presence around the house again, as if someone was touching my hair and back, but, it didn't feel that nice like it used to.

I still don't want to talk about this with the priest, but I don't know what to do, if it's really my friend, than, he must be angry at something, because he was probably the most peaceful and nice person I've ever met and he'd never hurt a fly. Should I return his glasses back to his apartment?

Or is there any other way to calm him down?

Other hauntings by Maria19

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maria19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Alex180 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Maria19,

Hi, umm I was going to ask you... Did you ever have a crush on him, or him have a crush on you? If so that could be why he was stroking your hair, and back. It also might be why he could be getting angry, he might not want you to get over him yet. Then again, he might just want to say his final goodbye to you, and he can't quite figure out how to communicate to you. Just pray for him, and next time you feel his presence ask him if he's alright, why he's mad, that he'll always be in your heart, just soothe him.

I hope this helps,
Alex180
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Hello again Maria. I don't know what to make of all this if your friend was a good person in life I can't see why he is acting like this maybe he wants to give you a message and is angery that he is not getting through to you which would not be your fault sometimes its hard for a spirit to get through to us especially if we are not sensetive enough to communiacate with them. Perhaps you should consult a psychic to come to your house and see if they can find out anything for you make sure you do some research on ysychics first as there are a lot of frauds out there your local library might be the best place to start and when you do find one and meet them don't give out too much information you will know if they are giving you the the correct information if they can tell you things about your friend that they couldent have previousely known. I somehow don't think your friend would be angery over the glassess as he did say you could have them if he passed on before you or maybe he was a bit mad because you took them without letting anyone else know if you do feel really bad about it you should then return them and if things get quiet then you will know that was the problem maybe you should try this before consulting a psychic keep me posted good luck and take care 😊
WTVick (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Very interesting. I'm kind of new to the whole dealing with the paranormal pests problem, but could this friend have had a crush on you? Maybe not wanting you to move on from his death? And then being extremely upset that he is powerless to communicate with you now that he's gone? Just something to think about. Also, I believe dreams are important, do you think dreaming of texting and messaging him online is a message to you that he would like to communicate with you? Maybe he needs closure with you, even as friends. Communication may help. If not then try returning the glasses and after that seek professional help I guess. Everything will turn out fine.
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Yea, in my culture they say, if you hold an item of the dead then that spirt is able to be where that item is. Some people say, one whom lived their life as a nice and friendly person but when death come, they end up being an evil spirt. But that's just a saying, so I think yea it would be best to return the glasses just incase.
Faraaz (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
If you are confirm that it is your friend then return his glasses to his apartment, or maybe he is anything he is angry with someone or something.
MissKat (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
If you feel the pressance call his name, talk to him. Ask him why hes mad at you. Tell him your sorry, things like that. I wouldn't worry to much. 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hello maria, once again sorry about the loss of your friend and I'm glad for you that your depression is subsiding some what. It would be frightening your bed actually moving with the two of you in it, that would take a lot of energy for one spirit to create, at least it didn't pull you out of bed, so maybe the intention is to let you know his there or maybe its something else?
sianyi (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
I feel so sorry that you lost your friend. 😢 But, I would try returning the glasses and if it works leave them there. If it doesn't you may be able to have them. Maybe next time when you feel a prescence try talking to him and explaing that you were upset about him dying and wanting to keep something to remember him by. If nothing works I would go and see someone.

BEST OF LUCK 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: