You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Goblin

Real Ghost Stories

The Goblin

 

First of all thank you for letting me share my paranormal experiences. I also like reading about other people's experiences as well. The story I'm going to tell you about sounds incredible but it happened to me and there are several witnesses when it happened which was in my home at that time, among the witnesses there were people who don't believe in supernatural things.

I live in Sweden although I'm not native, I come from South America but I have been living many years here. Stories about spirits from the forest and the earth are part of the folklore of this country and with my experience I learned that they are not just stories, they are real.

Around 2004 I started to become interested in Tarot readings and I bought a deck and a book: "The Fairies Oracle Cards" of author Brian Froud. I started to read the book. At the beginning of the book there are some exercises to connect with fairies. I did the exercise without many thoughts about it other than having fun.

I was used to taking long walks in the forest near home, a place where there are no buildings and is a protected wild area. As I was taking one of my walks I started to feel a presence. The presence was in a certain spot in the woods. It was early evening and as I was walking a woman came out of nowhere and started to walk behind me. I felt a very strange uneasiness and after a minute I turned around and there was nobody there. There were other people walking a little behind me. I waited and asked them if they saw a woman walking behind me? They should have seen her since they were not so far away from me. They said no and looked at me like I was insane and carried on their walk. After that incident many strange things at home.

I got a necklace from a friend once. When I came home I could not find it, it disappeared. I blamed my children but they told me they didn't even know I had got a necklace. After scolding them I went to my room and there it was, in the middle of my bed. It disappeared first from my desk! Soon after the necklace incidence, the TV remote control got lost for days and we couldn't find it. I never thought so much about it until I started to visit friends of mine and they started to complain that their TV remote control was gone and they couldn't find it.

One day I went to visit my mom in the north. We rented a film and we were just about to watch it, when we discovered that the remote control of the CD player was gone. Nobody takes things from my mom's room and we searched everywhere. We couldn't find it anywhere thus our evening was ruined because her CD player didn't work without the remote control, the CD player didn't have buttons to push. A later when my mom was moving from the house, they found the CD player remote control hidden inside a cable wire tube that was behind the working desk my father use to write and do his office work. This desk was in a very little room under a step, a very narrow place to come in. The remote control was pushed inside this tube hidden in the wall very deep in and it was just lucky that my parents found it again.

In my department sometimes I started to see a dark shadow running very fast through the corridor, the shadow was short. During the night I felt like someone very little (I compared it with a 6 years old child's body) had climbed on to my bed and sat over my hips. I started to understand what it was at that time and I started to talk to it and tell him off.

My ex-husband complained to me one day that he went by my apartment and wanted to talk about some party my youngest son was going to have, he called to my door, I didn't answer although he knew I was in there because he lifted the mail lock and heard me walking inside the apartment. I had to tell him that nobody was at home. He assured me that he heard someone walking there, but I told him again that I was not there and I had to tell him what was going on. He didn't believe me.

One night I went to the kitchen as I heard noises and saw him at last! He was no higher than 1.30 approximately. He looked like a teenager. He was completely dressed in green (I thought of Peter Pan when I saw him!) His hair was a little afro (short) blond, almost white-blond kind of. His eyes were a little like Asian people and light blue, he was really beautiful in a strange way and the gesture of his face was playful and at the same time malevolent. I noticed that he had several deep wrinkles around the eyes which indicated to me that he was not at all as young as he looked like; I realized then that he must have been very old. I ran out of my apartment I was really scared of him and came back the next day. Everything was quite for some days.

The TV started to turn on by itself, objects started to fly in the air by themselves, chairs moving on their own, cups turning around by themselves, etc.

One day the TV remote control was missing as usual. But I was so used to it that I didn't really care much about it. I was peacefully reading the news in my computer while my daughter and son were watching TV near my desk. Suddenly all of us jumped from our place when the remote control was thrown on the floor near my chair, it was broken. It came from nowhere! The same day in the evening I was talking and playing with my children when a plastic toy that was lying on the bed jumped in the air and almost hit my son on the face. I became really mad and told him to leave us alone. The next day I was going to cook a chicken in the oven and after some minutes started to smell burnt oil. I took the saucepan from the oven and the oil from the chicken was dripping from under the saucepan. I took it away and discovered that it had several holes in its bottom; it looked like someone used a knife to do them! I tried to put a knife through it but it was impossible for me to do a hole in the bottom of the saucepan. The goblin was angry with me!

I was forced to ask somebody to help me doing a cleansing ritual and after that I didn't feel him around us anymore, but after that I had a terrible period of bad luck and I don't know if it has to do with this creature or not. It was a terrible period in my life that finished at last in 2008.

Since 2008 I haven't experienced anything else like this but every time I go for a walk in the forest, I can sense where these nature spirits live. Their energy is quite known to me and I can say exactly where they live and can sense their usual paths in the forest. I can sense where they use to walk. But I have grown very respectful of this beings because is not funny to have them living in your place unless you are prepared for their malevolent playfulness and poltergeist activity.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Silene02, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
Thank you for sharing your story! I'm certain you attracted a fae of sorts, and this little man was following you around because he liked you. They can be startling creatures, for sure. I had wanted to try using Tarot cards a long while back, and the first deck I bought was the exact same one you picked up. The author does caution against doing anything to upset these little guys, and warns that if you call upon them for advice or information, they can be very capricious. They have very particular interests and sometimes doing small things can help appease them and turn that annoying little goblin into a helpful spirit.

Some things you can do: play music or sing aloud, specifically to them. Leave small portions of the meals you make somewhere in or outside of the house for them. They love to dance and be silly, so quietly inviting them to play along with you and your children will surely make him happy, as long as you sternly let him know that he's not allowed to do anything that will hurt your family. Fae spirits love games and creativity, so you could try taking up a hobby such as painting or playing a musical instrument (which is good for your own spiritual happiness as well!) and invite him to watch or help.

Faerie spirits can be a lot of fun or a lot of grief. Like anything that takes up residence in your home, it's a responsibility, and one that you have to decide if you are willing to take on or not.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Silence02,

That was a very interesting story you have. I bet I would be scared too. We all don't know what these creatures are in this world. From my story that I wrote about my mother's haunted childhood, my mom said the same thing what you're saying on your story except not green.

We may never know what it is. Kind of curious but don't want to get caught with those nasty spirits, demons, goblins, or etc.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
I think you may be able to 'train' your faerie, in a way 😁. From what I can find, this kind of faerie attaches itself to a person who 'opens their eyes to the faerie realm' and seeks their attention. Since this being has shown its ability to be both good and bad, maybe you can teach it to be good.

Silly as it may sound, but just like the little exercise that started this, maybe it's best to think like a child, or think of it as a child. When it is good, thank it, and tell it that you are happy with him. When he is bad or malicious, give him a stern remark of disapproval, or whatever you would say to a naughty child that's disappointed you.

Many accounts say Faeries change form from ugly/scary to cute or strange-yet-friendly. Since it seems you've opened the door, and it really wants to be around you, perhaps you can get it to work out for the best?

I also agree, Puck/hobgoblin is a good description 😊. As a matter of fact, they are said to be very much like a brownie, that has two sides to its personality. It can be helpful and useful, but easily offended and cause trouble. The best suggestions out there is to make deals with the little things. In order to keep a quiet and happy home, folktales talk about humans making deals with clingy hobgoblins so they can live in the house, but they have to help out with chores.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Silene02: Thank you for your reply! Wow that is really interesting regarding the exercise you did it seems as though it was intended to make you feel like a child again. Well you know what they say about children being more open to perceive these beings, I think there is a good chance that particular exercise has opened you up to be able to experience this. This is very interesting. Keep us updated thank you again.

Dan
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hello Darkness:

Well, you're wright. I put the detail about the tarot because I think there is a connection there. But not really with the tarot cards exactly, because I never really used it more than twice. The connection was made when I did the exercise in the book.

I always felt a little uneasy walking in that forest, a sensation of being watched. This sensation became stronger after doing the exercise in the book. The exercise that comes in the book "The Fairies Oracle Cards" is a little silly and funny.
I remember just one part of the exercise in which You have to sing without saying any word, just let any sound come out of your mouth and form a song.

At the beginning of the song I felt really stupid doing it but after a while I was having fun just like a child. Children are un afraid of looking or feeling silly when they play... It was like playing, like when I was a little child. I Think this attracted a playful fairie or gobbling or whatever he may be called.

ItsMeKrissi: Well I agree with you. He reminds me also of Puck.

He could be nice a few times (but he liked much more to be mischievous!).

I was on my way to turn on the TV for my child at a certain channel for children he likes to watch and before I turned the TV on the TV turned on in that channel by itself.

A few times when my daughter was searching for something. She found the things after a minute.

I remember once, we couldn't find a computer cable she needed and after searching everywhere we found it very carefully tied and in the middle of her room on the floor.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Silene: What do you think started all this to begin with? I noticed at the beggining of your story you explained that you were involved in learning Tarot did you mention this because you think it may have something to do what you had seen and experienced perhaps? I think it could be possible because you are opening yourself up more to the supernatural world, these spirits entities etc notice this and can be drawn to you. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ItsMeKrissi (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
very interesting story!
I've never heard something like that. Funny though, because in my english class we are discussing shakespeare's 'midsummer nights dream', in which there is a little creature named puck. He goes by many names, such as hopgoblin or robin goodfellow. He is also known to be mischievous, but at some point also nice. He reminded me a lot of the little creature in your home. Maybe you could research some old folklore about gnomes or goblins from shakespeares time
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I believe this will require some research, like any good Investigator should do. I will go find what I can using your descriptions, and see if there's any particular scent, stone, plant, saying, or anything else to make a better situation.

In the mean time, if it begins to bother you again, redoing the cleansing could help create another temporary fix. Who knows, it might stay away away this time.
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Spirit.I: well I'm not being affected by any description of Swedish fae. The common description of dwarfs or gnomes here in Sweden are of little men, not higher than one meter, always wearing a pointing red hat and dressed in grey. Very ugly wrinkled face and white beard. This gnomes were well known by caring about the animal at the stables and being nice to one favorite family.

The creature I'm describing is taller. Like a child between approximately as high as a six years olds size. Wearing green cotton clothes. The face like a teenager. With a thin complexion. At the beginning he used to borrow things that appeared lately in other places. I remember once a jewelry disappeared from my jewelry box and I found it two days later half buried near a tree in the garden. I have always sensed this creature like a mischievous one from the very beginning. I call him a gobbling because I don't know what he is.

He seemed to become more nasty with time and it looked like he didn't like it when I didn't care about the TV control any more. He wanted me perhaps to start to search for it, like a play but since I didn't care he was angry.
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Chinvang559: your comment has a lack of understanding. I'm not English speaker and I didn't found a word to describe the eyes of the creature. Asian are NOT other kind of people. Of course, very stupid comment you have done.

Jut wanted to say how the eyes looked like because asian eyes are different from other races. If you see something negative in my comment just remember that your words here say much more about yourself than what I wrote in a non ill meaning manner.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
"He had eyes like Asian people"

Lol made it seem like us Asians are a whole different species of people
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Thank you, Silene 😊. You can call me Spirit.I. For short if you would like.

I had wanted to ask if you used sage, but didn't want to preemptively project my own thoughts on the matter. The method you used has been a very effective one in many cases, and I've heard many stories where sage, candles, and music have permanently uplifted the atmosphere of oppressive or scary locations.

Hmmm... It is troubling that it seems to be coming back though. Perhaps digging into a little knowledge about the Fae specifically will help. Let's see what I can offer to aid you...

Faeries are said to appear differently to each person who views them, however there are some consistencies. The size, like you mentioned, is obviously not that of a flower faerie. (I apologize for my inconsistency in spelling Faerie. Sometimes I forget the first e is not an I 😳)
Maybe identifying what kind of faerie it is exactly can help devise the best counter-measure?
Some faeries are well-known for having flip-sides, where in one situation they are good, while in another they are malicious. A good simple example is featured in the Spiderwick books, where the friendly House Brownie turns into a nasty Boggart when offended.

So on that note, do you call him a goblin as a general reference to his troublesome nature? Or was there a local legend that led you to believe that's what you have?

It could be possible to find either a trigger of something it can't stand to make it go away, or perhaps something to turn it from a pest into a pleasant house guest... *ponders*
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
well you should have seen what I saw and then you'll understood that is not as cool as you think. He scared the hell out of me his face was not the usual human face you are used to see and the color of his eyes were so pale blue that it looked almost like the vampire eyes that you see in horror movies. His eyes were very scary probably wouldn't think at all that it was cool to meet him. Besides, he was not so tiny like the flower fairies you see in pictures. He was as tall as a 5-7 years old child.

Fairies are not ghosts, they are nature spirits.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I think it is cool to see a little green fairy like that. If I were you, I might talk to him and let him be my friend. Of course I will also let him know that he can't mess up my stuff.

By the wya, fairies are not ghosts, right?
Silene02 (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Hello Spirit_I_Private_Detective:

I just remember some part of the ritual. It was using sage (smoking all the rooms with the burning sage) and blessing every corner of the house. Sprinkling salted water and telling the spirit he was not welcome anymore at my home. I think we used vinegar blessed water to clean the flour and cleaning all the apartment and then burning white candles.

Any way, even if he is gone. I think he visit me sometimes and live little marks to show me he is still around me. He messes with my stuff when I'm completely alone at home. I have my children living with me every other week. Those weeks I'm alone I find things messed around in my room. The other day I had a pearl necklace hanging from a mirror when I went to work in the morning. When I came back the necklace was broken and on the night table. I. Mean, I live alone, I don't have a boyfriend living with me, and my children where with their father in the other side of town and they can't come in to my apartment just like that.

I think it is time for a new cleansing. I don't want him here again ever! He made my life miserable a couple of years.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
My goodness, the little guy was throwing a tantrum wasn't he? I wonder if fairies are more often than not like children begging for one's attention after they take a liking to you. If they don't receive what they want, they can be awfully bad poltergeists indeed. If you ever come across Froud's book (if you haven't already (, "Good Fairies, Bad Fairies", you may find it very enlightening. He seems to be the man to see about Fairie related subjects.

Would you mind if I asked what sort of cleansing method you used to discourage it from being around you? Sounds like it worked for the most part, even if he did leave a little curse on the way out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: