You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Presence In The Mirror 2

Real Ghost Stories

Presence In The Mirror 2

 

As the title says, this is a follow up.

This happened on the 1st of October. I was getting ready for bed, it was around 11:30, as soon as I got half way up the stairs I felt a chill, and thought to myself "another tough time sleeping tonight then". Well I got into my room, and yes, the strength of a presence was quite strong, it was strong enough for me to wonder if I should really be in here or should I sleep downstairs. I decided to stay. I got to sleep pretty easily; I just turned around to face the wall, and had my head under the covers.

I did however wake up at like 4:30 to a bumping sound, I sat up but just thought I hit my foot against the dolls house I have by my bed, so I shrugged it off. I then heard the creek of the bed springs that are on the bed on the opposite side, (me and my little sister used to share the room, this did freak me out, it freaked me out quite a bit, there were no objects on top, so there couldn't be any pressure coming from objects. After a few seconds I swear I heard the rustling of papers, I swear it, I got really scared at this point, but after it stopped I let it go and went back under the covers.

But then I really felt this pressure on top of me, I didn't feel that someone was touching me, or if I did, it was very light. With the pressure building, I suddenly got up and switched on the light and looked around, I didn't see anything, but I sat up, a few minutes later I heard the door handle turn, I heard it open, but not shut, I just closed my eyes and tried to ignore it. I woke up the next day, with the door open, I don't know if she ever returned, but I didn't feel anything downstairs so I guess she did. I don't think she's ever come this close to me before, I mean she's always been there, but this pressure was so intense.

What I find weird is that she's decided to do all this stuff now? Is it because I saw her, she's always been there, I've always felt her, but why after 14 years?

I have a question-I don't expect a straight forward answer but some opinions:

One night I woke up and saw this mist by my window, at the time I just thought it was my eye sight going funny as I had woken up. I do remember it did ripple a bit, but not move, it wasn't foggy or thick but mist really is the closest word for it. Did I see a ghost or was it really just my eye sight? I don't think it was cold; I was under the covers at the time so I couldn't tell.

Cheers for reading.

Other hauntings by TheGirlInWhite

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheGirlInWhite, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Thanks for your comments.

Thanks "Spirit" for the mist advice; that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the mist but I avetually shrugged it off as my eyes, but cheers for clearing that up a bit, I know it's a possiblity. I don't always see it, that's the thing, it appears every now and again.
I forgot to say; no my eyes have never played up before.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
That's a real show of confidence, Maddy 😆. The image of such a scene gives me a good laugh. ~A glowing white ghost of a person walks into a room where two girls are chatting. It begins to open its mouth to utter some frightening sound, when one of the girls lifts a hand, "OUT!". The ghost frowns, "But-" "I said OUT!" The ghost's shoulders slouch as it dejectedly turns around and leaves the girls to their discussion.~

To GirlInWhite: Oh yes, mist is pretty typical of the paranormal. Sometimes it is reported to be the beginnings of an apparition, while other times it seems to be the residual effect an entity leaves behind. Whether many can be debunked or not, mist-like forms also seem to be the most common thing reported as spirits in photographs.
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I ❤ it, it was awesome.
Once me and my friend were at her house and a ghost goes in her room and she tells it to piss off and it does but she still is scared of it 😕
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hey cheers for replying. And thanks for the info on age, yeah I guess that does make sense.
I think the mist was my imagination too to be honest, I was only wondering if ghosts ever appear that way.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
This is story number 2, snowhite. You have to read her first post to understand this one.

About why she could be appearing more to you now, GirlInWhite, it could be your age. Teenage women are more likely to experience paranormal activity than any other demographic. I'm not sure why this is, but it could be because it is that age when you are finally capable of being an independent person, while still being open and constantly changing.
It could also be that you are getting closer to her age.

As for the mist... Hmm... Are your eyes known for acting up/do you require any sort of corrective item for your vision? Even if you do, you shouldn't disbelieve your eyes too much. My fiance has very interesting vision issues, but I do believe he is sensitive to seeing things even I can't sometimes. Or I glimpse them, and upon asking him, he can describe it in great (not to mention correct) detail.

Considering all the activity in your room, it could very well be paranormal.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I am confused about the SHE you talkd about. I just didn't get it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: