You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Whirling Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Whirling Ghost

 

These are truly my sister's stories, but my sister requested for me to publish them for her.

This took place in Carrollton, Mo. We were all aware of the strange things that took place in the house, but only us kids believed that ghosts were the cause.

My sister often stayed home alone. We would go to my grandma's house but my sister rarely tagged along. These are her encounters. My sister had decided to stay home alone one evening while we went to our grandmother's house. My sister, Rose, (not real name), said that it first started when she was down stairs watching T.V. She was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up when all of the sudden she heard the sound of a doornob turning, she looked at the basement door to see something jiggling it, trying to get in. She got up and ran to the door, but she was stopped when she heard the sound of a piano playing. We don't own a piano!

Then, it hit her! The force of a spirit. She described what happened next to be like a whirlwind of sounds and voices. She became dizzy and screamed as our dogs began to bark viciously and my blueheeler/wolf mix began to lunge at the air. Worried by the sound of it all, Rose's boyfriend came inside and said he saw a black figure at the top of the steps and was hit by the overwhelming sound that was circling around Rose.

We are aware that the house is haunted, but I ask you now, WHAT THE HECK CAUSED THAT?!?

We no longer live there, but we are still curious.

Other hauntings by Iluvanimals8

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iluvanimals8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
well,scaredcharmaine, I too love animals but I'm sorry to say that I will not open coments for your going to die. It will be best for us all and I definitley do not want to start anything again. But, I will still post stories.
-Danny
scaredcharmaine (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
hi I love animals I just droped in to say I feel so sorry about the your going to die story and wow creapy please open comments for the story ❤ 😁 ❤
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-21)
I apriciate all your mature behavior. Sometimes I get carried away, but its only because I used to be bullied alot. I am sorry, but I did have a point. I hope this does not happen again.
-Danny
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Agreed.
And also perhaps a trust issue, as well. Meaning most of us, if we are serious about the "whys" will do a mite bit of investigating, researching. Some of us seem to get a bit anal about all of that (*gritting teeth* hate to admit it, but I can get that way), but darn it, I am not just swapping camp fire stories here. If I WERE I woulda made sure SOMEone brought along the marshmallows! We do not TRUST what we have experienced.
And then there are SOME, who can just...accept. Accept without question. TRUST.
Wado.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
agreed.
Perhaps there is an age factor involved, where we all cannot relate.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
This is one of those things that we will never find common ground on. Let's just agree to disagree, and forget we ever even read that other story, and the line of comments that went with it. It just aint worth it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
I never missed the point of her story. I heard it clearly. Thinking about it, I still don't see where the outrage on the comments comes from. And sinner, I'm apparently not the only one questioning this anger, if you go back and read. Quite a few others were rather confused at the reaction. Let me try and give an example. If I post a story about the haunted 13th floor of an apartment building, and I say that I know for a fact that any 13th floor in any building can attract spirits---then someone responds and says "Well, you really can't say you know for a fact, that to be true--this is the supernatural we're discussing"
Most likely, my reply would have been, "Ah, you have a point. Let me go back and just say, it is a popular theory that buildings who mark a floor 13, without the jump from 12 to 14th, are known to have problems with the paranormal"... And then move along, as not clutter my own thread with a lot bickering. That's all. To freak out and demand the story to be erased, is a bit much... Is it not? I realize, I myself have been known to nit-pick in the comment section in a lot of these stories... My feeling is, when you put yourself out there and agree to join in the discussion, you have to be ready to stand behind what you wrote.
sinner (guest)
-2
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Maybe its because instead of commenting on the story, most were negative and asked about why she thought a black cat would attract ghosts. Most of you guys were completely off topic and missed the point of her story (the fact that she heard a voice)...Think about it Pjod... Its not hard to see why she would be mad...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Pjod, I was wondering who would be the first to branch off into this story and ask that question? 😆
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Iluvanimals,
In your story "You're going to die"--the final post left by yourself says, "Anymore silly questions?" Since we can no longer post in that story, I thought I would ask here. Why is it you became so hostile in the comment section of that story? So much so, you actually ruined the entire thread in doing so. I scanned all the comments, and just couldn't find anything in there to justify all the outrage in your postings.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
in one of your coments here you say mary ran out of time how do you mean I don't understand as I didn't think spirits where aware of time as we are.
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Huh, sounds interesting, I may do just that. It sounds verry interesting.
-Danny
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
It might be a demonic spirit or a soul from purgatory... Read the book "Hungry Souls" it has real stories of souls who appear to loved ones asking for help (prayers)...
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Well, sinner, other family members have lived in that house several years back and they say that they have had ghost experiences too, but no one that I'm aware of has died there. We know of a girl named Mary that lives there, (shes a ghost), and she tried to tell us her story but ran out of time...
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Wow...what a scary experience to have to go through! Did your sister know anyone who had died (maybe a pass boyfriend, friend, or relative)?

PS: your dog sounds like a great guard dog! I am jealous! 😁 take care
-Rebecca
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
I apriciate all of your guys kindness, I have had some rude people leaving commints at my story, "Your Going To Die", It is a true story and I hate how people call me a liar.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Hi;

The black figure and the attendant fear, chaos, and psychological assaults are tell - tale, classic demonic harassment, at normally a beginning stage. I am assuming all is quiet - I certainly hope so. There may have been occult activity there on a previous date.

I'd have Catholic Holy water on hand, should anything happen in you new home. The names of Jesus and Mary also help. That's my take. Email me if you need more. God bless you and good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
sound like the house is really very much haunted. Did anyone lived there before you?
Maybe it has to do something with them. 😕
AmberTaylor3323 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Sounds interesting, and I have to say I think you have a demon (yeesh, I'm telling a lot of people I think they have demons tonight!)
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I have no idea. However, I would be very interested in what others have to say on the matter. I'm very intrigued with the whirling sounds phenomenon. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: