You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Day My Infant Son Was Attacked

Real Ghost Stories

The Day My Infant Son Was Attacked

 

I have been trying to get my nerve up for some time to write about a horrific experience that happened to my infant son when he was just two months old. This is extremely difficult for me since I don't even like to think about what happened much less write about it. In 1988 I was visiting my mom in her apartment in St. Louis, Mo. I had my infant son with me who was just around a couple of months old, he wasn't old enough yet to even turn over. I was sitting on my mom's bed talking with her and my baby was laying on his back beside me. My mother was sitting at her desk across her bedroom while we were talking. We had been dicussing my great aunts funeral which we had attended when I was 16 years old. Why we were discussing it, I have no idea, it just came up in the converstation. There had been some strange occurrences that had happened at my great aunt's funeral which is another story for another time.

My great aunt had a difficult life, her childhood was hard growing up being poor on a Missouri farm with thirteen brothers and sisters, some who had passed away due to illness. I remember her telling me stories of having to stand on a chair when she was five years old having to wash dishes to help out. I loved my great aunt, but I remember she had always complained a lot about her health and was a bit of a negative type of person and extremely frugal. She was an eccentric type of lady who was a spiritualist who did readings with cards and had a crystal ball. She always claimed to be psychic, whether she was or wasn't, I just know when I was a kid it use to creep me out a bit.

While mom and I were discussing Aunt Dorothy's funeral, my baby levitated straight up into the air off the bed, at least a good four feet, then he was moved to the edge of the bed in the air, flipped over head first and bodily slammed right onto his head. Something unseen was holding my son's legs straight up into the air. It all happened very quickly but at the same time it felt like slow motion. I was in shock! When you see something like that, your mind doesn't immediately register what is happening and what you are seeing. You just can not believe it. I immediately jumped up and grabbed my baby. I was terrified. Mom jumped up out the of the chair and ran over, she also witnessed it. My sons face was red and scrunched up, his eyes were bulging out, then his face started turning ashen gray and his lips started turning blue. I'll never forget the look on his little face. He wasn't breathing. Oh my God I thought, he was either already dead or dying. I thought his neck was broken. I started breathing into his mouth to get air into his tiny lungs. I screamed at mom to call 911.

The paramedics arrived, and I honestly didn't know what to tell them. I couldn't possibly tell them what really had happened since they wouldn't have believed me. I told them my son had fallen off the bed. The only logical thing I could think of at the time. We went in the ambulance to the hospital and he was released later that day. The E.R. Doctor said he couldn't find anything wrong, that he was perfectly fine and breathing without any difficulty. After the incident, I was too scared to take my baby back to mom's apartment. I couldn't discuss what had happened with her for quite some time after since it was to awful to think about. I couldn't sleep at night, but would sit awake watching my son making sure that that thing wouldn't come back and hurt him again. Mom moved out of that apartment within the month.

Five years later my son still wasn't able to form words and would wake up screaming at night. His pediatrician had scheduled an MRI. The doctors injected my son with drugs to make him sleep so that he would be quiet during the MRI scan. It was discovered that my son has a severe right brain hemisphere lesion that the doctors said could only be due to head trauma. Imagine that! The doctors said that surgery was not possible and his cognitive learning abilties would be affected to some extent, but hopefully the other brain hemisphere would compensate for the lesion in his brain. My son is now 22 years old, and still is living with us. He is normal in every aspect except retaining spelling memory and has some anger management issues. He's a very intelligent young man, hard worker, reads at a college level, but he still struggles to learn how to spell. We have tried spelling memory programs, gone to specialists, psychologists, etc. But to no avail. He struggled during school in special ed., but he managed the best he could.

I was raised Catholic and would say I am more of a spiritual person than a religious person, per se. I don't understand why God would allow what ever that was, whether poltergeist, demon, or ghost to attack my baby. I have often wondered that perhaps my great aunt was upset that we were discussing her funeral and lashed out at us by hurting my son, she did have quite a bit of a temper in life. I will never know, at least not in this lifetime. If I can take one thing away from this horrible experience, it has shown me that life does exist and extend beyond our perception, reality, and this earthly realm. I don't know what type of existance the afterlife is, but I do know that it does exist. Of this, I am 100 percent positive. I don't need any more proof, and I don't want to experience any more proof.

Although I have been searching for stories for 22 years for others who may have had an experience of a serious attack on an infant or child by an unseen entity, as of yet I have not found any. Thank God! I have had many other experiences in my past, in my childhood, and also my son has, including poltergeist activity, more levitation episodes, and one other serious attack when he was five years old. I am thankful that things have been relatively quiet for these last few years. I realize that some of you are still at the cross roads that do not believe in ghosts as of yet, or that have not had experiences in the paranormal and have healthy skepticism which I understand and can completely respect. Many times I have wished my eyes weren't open to the paranormal. I just wish that I could go through my daily life not knowing that these things could possibly happen. But in my heart, mind, and soul, I know that it is possible, and it scares me to death. I pray daily that no other family ever has to go through a horrible experience such as ours had to. That one horrible incident alone has affected our family, and will continue to affect the remainder of my son's life to some degree.

God Bless!

Other hauntings by marlagx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marlagx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Momof3 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
Well I'm sorry this happened to you, I believe I went through the same thing. Since I was a girl and lived with my parents the house I grew up in, was haunted I guess things got bad by the time I was 15, we moved there when I was 6, so my dad sold the house. He had someone check the house out and I guess it wanted to harm who ever slept in the first room which was mine. They didn't tell me I over heard the guy that came he's the one who advised they moved. We then moved somewhere else they Rented a place for a couple months nothing happened then my dad found "the" house and bought it. I would fight a lot with my brother back then and he would sleep in the living room which was right out side my room so when I would hear the door open I thought it was my mom checking on me when I was pregnant I was 16. Or sometimes I thought it was my brother. However he got incarcerated later it kept happening door knob being shaken like someone was trying to open the door but wouldn't sometimes it would I never looked thinking it was my mom. So I then moved with my boyfriend he worked most the day and I stayed home with our son. I bathed him every morning sometimes at night too. I bathed him one morning, later that afternoon I was taking a shower, he then was crying I finished up thinking nothing can happen he's only 2 months can't roll over I checked him he had been moved I know he didn't move on his own when I picked him up he cried louder, he had fingerprints on his body as if two hands squeezed him hard and probably shook him. And he had a bite mark of perfect teeth. I have a corner of crooked teeth in the bottom the mouth was probably a bit smaller than mine, my husband came home he believed me, but he wanted to take him tithe hospital to get him checked, and guess what, they took him from us they were going to arrest me we didn't know what to say a ghost did it, my boyfriend said if he took the blame would they let my Baby come home to me they said yes. We had moved to another state since we couldn't afford rent in California. Since I was 17, they wanted to send me back I said not without my baby, so I stayed in a youth shelter who helped me out immensely they never questioned the incident and helped me get parenting and counseling classes. My boyfriend went to jail the bite mark was no way his the hand prints too small to be. His but they let him go 3 months later and gave him probation he took classes as well. My social worker said if I stayed I wouldn't get him back I had to moved back with my parents and finish school and get a job I did but they're intentions were to wait until I was 18, which I was never told. I missed my 1st babies first milestones his dad wasn't allowed near him at first, from when he was 5 months until he was 15 months I got him back it ten long miserable months I used to see him 2xs a week when I moved it was only 2xs a month or every two weeks at the most. I had to take a 20something hour bus ride to go another 20 hours to come back for one hour visit. Well a couple months after I got him back strange things began happening again. I went to school and worked so my mom would take my son to work she worked at a daycare. One day I quit my job, my boss was so demanding she tried pushing me and yelling at me because while I went to the rest room someone came and stole something it was a hosiery and lingerie store so I told her I wouldn't tolerate she said I pay you, you have to I said no and left home. So I was home alone and the very last room was the room with the computer and washer and dryer, I was in the kitchen which was next to he computer room and I hear typing as if someone was typing fast when I got close to the door to the other room it stopped, as soon as I turned my back it started louder. I went into he room, nothing I turned my back and I was still in the room facing out It started even harder And louder something was hitting the keyboard! I ran out to the porch outside left all the doors opened and waked for my parents. My mom believed me my dad didn't say anything. Same thing happened wih the door knob it happened every knight it was shocked but door wasn't opened so I asked my mom why do you shake the door knob all the time I don't lock my room. She said I have never checked up on you. When I go to sleep I never wake up until the morning I told her for months my door would be opened at night and she said she never did! They moved from there eventually too not even a year later I then moved in with my boyfriend again, I got pregnant and as I slept one day something hit me on my shoulder no one was inside my boyfriend was outside with our son, I was I there alone and whatever hit me ran toward the kitchen I was asleep in the living room couch only exit was the living room I was out of breath went and told my boyfriend and he stayed with me. He never witnessed anything but thank god he believed me. I guess his family had things like that happened but it stopped when he was little. After that I always saw shadows pass by. Then they stopped I moved into another place nearer to we're we went to school and work I then gave birth to my daughter. Unbelievably it happened to her too but she was pushed off the bed into the wall my boyfriend was there he finally witnessed I t he was afraid we both were my son had spend the weekend at my moms. My daughter stopped breathing too and became lifeless her arms fell head fell it was like carrying a lifeless doll it's so hard for me to type this I feel I can't even breathe my hard is pounding it hurts so much I can't stop crying we both had gave her mouth to mouth she took a deep breath and began crying and she was back she acted normal but I felt so bad I began saying its my fault I should've never had kids maybe god doesn't want me to be happy. Nothing else ever happened. I told some family they told me don't call anyone if you want come stay with us no one will believe you thank god my son is now 5 daughter is 3 and I have a 1 1/2 year old as well after we came across things happening but not hurting us we moved again. Before I moved I began to feel watched my son said various times he saw a man standing in his room his sister slept with me I didn't hav the 1yr old yet I was pregnant. I believe my deceased biological father has been watching over us ever since. Because I see things but no longer scared nothing ever harmed my kids or me again but right before it stoppedI put a baby monitor because the dog started barking crazy one day and she wouldn't pass the hallway and she always slept with us then my son started screaming I calmed him down he slept in my room and the dog kept barking I put a any monitor and my dog was barking at an anomaly that showed in the baby monitor just like on the shows then another came out we were watching from my room I was so afraid I turned it off. My husband said stop being afraid hats why they follow you. I called my dog to come in the room and she came and in the room a whistle came after I called her and me and my husband looked at each other the air passed my ear it was right behind me. I believe that was my father. He died when I was 8 and he last time he saw me I was 5 he tried looking for me so many times but I guess my stepdad wouldn't allow it I called my stepdad dad when referring to him buying the houses sine I consider him my dad. Ever since that day I saw two anomalies I never was bothered again and I gave birth to my last daughter. Nothing has happened to us ever since and I'm so glad specially because my daughter has a difficult time pronouncing words she had test but nothing wrong with her head she's smart but she has a speech delay which shouldn't last my son got over it at 3 1/2 my daughter is improving. But it hurts so bad I feel of I didn't have kids they would've never got hurt. I've only told my mom and boufriend we never speak about it I can't even talk right now if I was to open my mouth it's been 2 1/2 years and I still beat myself up for it. I totally understand you, and I'm so sorry you wen through that. I was even Choked one day as I woke up to my son crying and felt someone was on top of me holding me down my boyfriend woke up because he said he saw me acting weird mumbling and shaking it was covering my mouth I couldn't yell he got up turned on the light and I could finally scream that happened more than once. I would just bring holy water my mom gave me and it stopped I can't believe that it reAlly helped with the attacks. I'm sorry if I wrote too much I have never told anyone except my mom who witnessed things that happened to me at old houses, like one day she was in her room I came in and a glass flew across the room and then landed back in the same place perfect. She always thought something was after me but never told me. I guess I was seen as weak I don't know why it would hurt my babies. I just hope it's gone for good since it been almost 3 years since the last thing please pray for me! And thanks for reading if you do, I feel a knot in my throat and chest and feel I can't breathe it hurts to remember! I know ghost have to be real mad or have hate to move things and hurt my babies, why me, why my babies. I don't think I've done anything to deserve this. Specially my babies! I'm only 23 And my life was a rollercoaster since I was 15 when I was 20 It stopped I'm glad, but is there anything I can do to prevent it what if it haunts my kids when older anyone else experience this or know someone?
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
Maybe the Great Aunt did this to the baby, because she had some anger issues/issues, a stressful life while she was alive, and she was angry that shes dead, and your infant son was living, so she took her anger out on him.
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
thats scary D= I hope that never happens to me: (god bless you and your family
marlagx (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Thank you Pjod. 😊 That's exactly how I feel, this is definitely much more than any revenge. I just don't want that thing to hurt another innocent baby, child or adult for that matter. I've often wondered how many others it has harmed throughout the world, hopefully no one else.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
those are all good questions. One would hope... All that is good and holy, would be able to stop such an occurance. It boggles the mind, to try and understand why, or how this could happen. The force responsible for this attack, would have to "pay" for such a deed. When you are free to do it, I trust you will try and see to it, that whatever hurt your child will not be able to repeat this attack. I don't think revenge is on anyones list to do after they die... But I think this is about more than just revenge.
marlagx (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
It definitely does take a lot of energy to move a baby. The only reasonable thing I can think of would be an actual demon. It would have to be something extremely evil, to attack an innocent baby. I have contemplated many questions over the years. Why didn't it attack me, or both my mother and myself? Why attack an innocent baby? It could have easily killed my baby if it wanted to, but it didn't. There was a poltergeist/demon episode I went through when I was a child that attempted to hurt me when I was thirteen years old. That's another story which I will post soon. I believe that it was trying to hurt me specifically. And what better way to hurt me, than by hurting my baby whom I love with all my heart and soul. If the attacks are related, then I think it retaliated to hurt me by hurting my child.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
marla,
I understand your anger. I would make a similiar vow if in your position. What an incredible story, witnessed by two people. What on earth could/would do such a thing? Takes a lot of energy to move even a baby.
marlagx (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
Sadly my sons brain lesion was related to this ghost attack. There were no mishaps that would have caused such serious damage. I just thank God that the entity didn't kill my baby boy. There's no worse feeling in the world, than being and feeling helpless when it comes to your child. Honestly, I am still very angry that this happened even after all these years. I've made a vow when I pass over one day to the other side, if it's at all possible, I will find the entity that did this and then God help it! I know I won't rest until I do. Other than God our creator, there is no stronger power than a mother's love for her child.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
I am angry with the spirit that attacked your baby! Honestly, I won't know what to say about it. I don't know what triggered the attack it made me cry for your son. At least your son is ok now but I can't imagine the ordeal he went thru. I can't help but to be furious to the spirit that did that to your son. I feel for you as a mom. We all know that as a mother we won't let anything hurt our little one. My prayers are with you.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
This is an incredible story. Also very rare. I can't help but wonder how many people had a similiar incident, but have kept quiet, in fear of ridicule. You would have to be careful, as the state would have to get involved in a case for abuse. Not easy telling the authorities such details of an incident like this. I do hope your son's brain injury is not related to this incident... Only you would know, I guess.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Wow! No wonder it took some time to write this story! How terrifying and utterly cruel! I am so glad that your son has been able to compinsate for his injury. You are absolutely correct in your statement that we only see and know part of what is going on in the physical world. There is so much more beyond our grasp, I am afraid I do not wish to see nor do I wish to know what occurs.

Thanks for sharing and may God Bless your family!
marlagx (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
That you all so much for all your kind words and support. I was afraid at first to post, afraid of being ridiculed. I thank you again. I can understand how unbelievable it all sounds, but it did happened. I've have often wondered why. I still have to many questions, and not enough answers. Do I believe it was a demon in all actuality? Yes I do. At first, I believe I was in denial, I didn't want to talk about it or think about it period. Later on I know I became very angry and wanted to lash out at the entity that did this. I have always felt guilty, thinking I should have jumped up and grabbed my son while he was in mid air before that thing could hurt him further. For all these years, I have never let my guard down, but remain alert to my surroundings to this day and I do a lot of praying. I'm glad I found this site, it helps me to be able to tell my stories and not keep my memories all bottled up inside of me. I will post more of my stories soon. I had discussed what had happened later on with mom after I was able to come to terms with what had happened. The odd things was, there was no signs of an entity present when this happened. There were no odd smells, no cold spots, noises, sounds, there was nothing to alert us. It was such a beautiful day outside, I remember the sun was shining. Mom moved out of the apartment because she was to terrified to stay. She didn't want to live there any longer after what happened to her grandchild. Mom passed away a little over five years ago the day after Mother's Day. R.I.P mom.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Marlaqx - I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes and my throat, trying not to cry. This is, without a doubt, the most terrifying ghost story I've ever read. Yes, there have been sad stories on here and scary stories. But, as a mom, this is the worst one I've read.

I have no consoling words to offer you that you haven't already told yourself over the last 22 years. Yes, your son survived the attack and you have "learned" how to live with what happened. But tragedies have a way of staying with us. We try and put them in the "closet" so that we can get on with our lives, but there is always something that reminds us, even when we haven't forgotten, but are just trying to survive.

The only words I feel compelled to say is, by sharing your and your son's story, there might be someone who needs to read this. Someone else who has suffered something similar, but didn't have anyone to talk to about it. Now they know they are not alone.

As for why God allowed this to happen, I cannot answer that. I couldn't even begin to offer you words to try and explain. When bad things happen to children, I never understand.

My heart goes out to you and your son. God bless you both.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Oh wow, I am speechless, shocked, my heart goes out to. I can only imagine what you must have gone through as a mother myself. I am glad your son is ok though.

Did you ever speak to your mom about what happend? Why did she move out after a month? Just a hunch maybe she knew something, I could be wrong.

Thank you for sharing your story. I am still in shock.

Surya.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
This is truly the most shoking experience! I honestly cannot imagine what you could have done to prevent this from occuring. I only say that because I know how mucn guilt we mothers tend to absorb whenever anything bad happens to one of our children. We'll usually question ourselves first about any possible involvement we may have had. How could anyone have known? This is as horrific as you warned it would be. And his not being able to form words at the age of 5yrs is truly frightening. I was relieved to read that he eventually progressed and is now reading at college level. Are his anger issues a result of the trauma or his age? My heart goes out to you, for what you've held back all these years and for what you continue to endure. God Bless you and yours. I pray there will be answers for you here, and that you will have peace.
sandeescare (2 stories) (12 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
That story was shocking! But- isn't it only Demons that are capable of hurting humans?
It's good that you spoke about it 😁
& atleast your son was fine, that's the important thing. ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
my sister in infancy was almost attacked by three entities. I was alseep and with my mother in the bed and my sister was in a crib next to it. My mother woke up and saw three spirit women floating above my sister acting like they were grabbing at her. My mom jumped out of bed and picked my sister up and screamed at them to leave. She was never physically harmed but we don't know what would have happened had my mom not woken up. It does happen more than you think but like you I don't think anyone wants to talk about it. How can you protect your child from something you can't see? My mom thinks that SIDS could possibly be from a ghost killing the baby. She has never told my sister that story and she never will. She doesn't talk about it at all. I just remember her telling me the one time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: