You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Joshua

Real Ghost Stories

Joshua

 

My girlfriend has a son named Simon who has an imaginary friend, or so we thought. There would be times I would hear Simon talking to someone in his room, as if he was holding a conversation.

One wet afternoon, a few weeks back, I was editing a music video clip. I was by myself in the house as my girlfriend is a school teacher and Simon was at school. I was having some difficulty with some stuff and was sitting trying to work out the problem when I heard someone singing, a child singing. Thinking it was Simon, I didn't take much notice when it occurred to me that I was alone in the house. The singing was taking place in Simon's room. I got up and went out into the hall and walked to Simon's room. I pushed open the door and, for a fleecing second, I thought I saw a boy disappear into the closet. Thinking some kid broke into the house, I stormed over to the wardrobe and almost tore the doors off... It was empty but yet I swore I saw some kid disappear into it. I went back out into the hallway when I heard giggling behind me. I slowly turned around and saw, on the floor, a piece of paper that wasn't there a few seconds ago. On it was written, in childish writing (and I'm being serious about this) MY NAME IS JOSHUA. My heart almost stopped.

When Simon and my girlfriend came back, I asked Simon about his 'pal'. He looked at me and said: 'You mean Joshua?' I told Samantha, my girlfriend about what I found and she stared at me. 'Joshua? I had a little brother named Joshua,' she said, between sobs, 'he drowned when he was seven years old in a swimming accident... That was thirty two years ago...' Did Joshua come back to play with his nephew? I still 'see' the boy and took him as a part of the furniture, so to speak... Sorry if that was long...

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

charpam893 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-26)
This is a lovely but sad story about Joshua.

The name of this post caught my eye as I love the name Joshua too! Gave me goosebumps and at least he was friendly 😊.
daunsntein (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
This was a very simple story but it really gave me goosebumps! 😨
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
AussieRedDog if you worry about Josh then you might look into finding someone who can help him move on.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
AussieRedDog, your stories never disappoint! Maybe Simon could convince Joshua to show himself to his sister, if he's able.
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I told Sammy, my G/F about showing the photo of Joshua to Simon... You won't believe this but when Sammy showed him the photo, Sim looks up and says: That's Joshua... I was there and my spine went icy cold... I don't think Sammy seen the boy ghost, yet... But I was somewhat taken back for it was same boy I saw, too. 😨 he's lonely, I reckon, so he chosen Sim to be playmate. I wonder what will happen when Sim gets older, where wll Josh go to now? I don't believe in saying follow the light, he wants to stay here with his nephew and his big sister and he's very welcome to... I spoken to Sammy's mum about the experience and she knows that Josh is still earth bound and very happy that he found a playmate...
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
This brought a tear (sniff) to my eye. What is it with all you Aussies? You guys sure know how to make a girl misty-eyed. 😭 😜 Great story! I'm torn between all the warning signs and the touching reminder of lost little ones. Thank you. 😊
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Thank you for that story. It's very touching. Just what if that is her brother watching over her family and playing with your son. One of my brother's past away over 40 years ago three days before his first birthday. I would love to think that he comes back and watches over us.

Thank you again!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Good to hear from you again AussieRedDog! Pretty freaky mate do you still have the piece of paper? Would be great to see it! The previous posters have some good ideas, approach it with caution as it could start interacting with yourself and yes as Ghastlyghost mentioned this could be something other then the childs spirit mimicking the appearance. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
What an Eeeerie story. I agree with the other posters and think that showing Simon some pictures is a great idea. If he can pick Joshua out then you know for sure who is little playmate is. Thanks, and take care 😊
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Ghastlyghost has a great idea of showing Simon a picture of Joshua with out telling Simon who it is first to see if he knows him.
ghastlyghost02 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Obviously Joshua is conennected to your family some how. Has your wife seen him yet? And if she has, does she recognize the boy? Ask your son what he looks like. Show him some old pictures and see if he recognizes him then great interact with caustion. If Nobody recognizes him, dislodge yourself from him. There have been many incenses where a DEMON has disguised himself as a child just to get closer to the family. Don't trust him until you are completely positive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: