You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Traffic Controller's Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

A Traffic Controller's Ghost Story

 

The story I am about to relate to you just occurred about two, maybe three weeks back where I was working as a traffic controller out at the back of frigging beyond near Kyogle in Northern NSW. Think they were doing some repairs on the road so I have to 'control' the traffic, which would be bugger all to be honest. The job, like most jobs, can be quite boring. 'Sending traffic,' 'got a single for you,' or 'clear to send' is the only conversation you have with your fellow TC. Anyway, this day was cool and bright, traffic was very minimum, maybe three cars went by. My 'real estate' that day was a stretch of road and a view of a paddock but with no cows or trees but far distance mountain ranges. Behind me was an old farmhouse I spotted earlier on, that looked abandoned or whatever for I saw no cars or tractors or even any moos or chooks, just empty. It was coming on to 10am when my Team Leader came to give me a break for 15 minutes. Well, I was busting for a crap, so I grabbed my spare bog roll, some stuff to clean my paws after doing what I wanted to do and made my way up the hill to the old house, well, actually half ran up that hill.

I did my business and was halfway of pulling my pants on when my two-way radio came to life and a voice came on. It wasn't my TL's voice; it was a young girl's voice. I couldn't make out what she said but it was followed by giggling. Then my TL came on.

'Was that you?' He asked.

'No, it wasn't,' I replied. 'When did I started sounding like a girl?'

'Who was it then?'

'How the f**k am I supposed to know that?' I retorted. He said for me to hurry it up. He didn't sound too good I have to say. Now, why I did the next thing I cannot explain but I decided to have a look inside so I tippy-toed and peered in the window to see what was inside. There I thought I saw a child, maybe a young girl, skipping down the hallway. I wasn't sure but I knew I should head back to the TL. I told him about what just happened, and you know what he did? He just handed me the bat back, and got in the Ute, and left me there. Now I have no idea who once owned that old farmhouse or the history. It was only for one day we were there and then moved on to another job. So, there you go-a traffic controller's ghost story.

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+3
7 months ago (2023-09-25)
A resident spirit I'm assuming, sad that it's a little girl, she's probably still earth bound because she died so young and never got to live out her life.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-25)
AussieRedDog, your humour certainly comes through in your writing. Got to love that. Lol
Your TL wasn't too patient that day eh? The heat of the Northern Territory must have got to him. If it's been as hot as it's been on the East coast, I'd understand his shortness in attitude completely. Considering it's spring, the heat has been unbelievable.
Anyway, enough about the weather, the kid you saw skippy may be finding it difficult to go to the next realm. Its a shame you weren't there long enough to help her move on.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (130 posts)
+4
7 months ago (2023-09-24)
Hello, Aussie: I agree with Lost V. That 'maybe' that little girl was having some fun, & simply doesn't realize her present condition.
In her time frame she's just doing what a child would do. Being frivolous, giggling, & playful. Possibly inquisitive, too. She may be curious as to what you, & your fellow TC are doing!

All the Best! 😁 😁
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (243 posts)
+3
7 months ago (2023-09-23)
Hello AussieRedDog, great story, what a spooky encounter!

I enjoy hearing ghost stories from Australia, you've certainly had your fair share of intriguing experiences there.

I'm not sure which is creepier though, knowing some little girl ghost was watching and being playful on your radio as you were doing your business or watching the scene from another time, as she was skipping through the house seemingly oblivious to her circumstances? My guess would be the former rather than the latter!

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: