You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Memories of Dollie and Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Memories of Dollie and Doll

 

I'm 17 now, but when I was 10, I lived with my parents and my brother at my grandma's house. My grandma got me this interactive doll (Dollie) and a porcelain doll (Doll). Dollie would learn to talk and walk as I played with her. I always played with them both, but my favorite was Doll.

One day Dollie stop talking, I ran crying to my brother saying Dollie's dead and he said the batteries were dead and that he'd buy new ones the next day. Later, I was playing tea party with Dollie and Doll. Dollie fell and started talking in gibberish. I got scared and grabbed Doll and ran crying to my brother. He picked Dollie up and hit her head and said everything was better.

After that, I started playing with Doll and left Dollie in the corner and I heard this girl's voice say, He hurt me. I grabbed Doll and got scarred and said "who was that?" and the girl's voice said, "Me, Dollie". I screamed and was huddled in the corner. My brother came in there and asked what was wrong, I said, "Dollie talked". He told me I needed some fresh air. He took me to catch some turtles. When we got back, I went up stairs and put the turtles with my other ones. And I heard Dollie say "I'm not trying to scare you, but I do want you to kill your turtles". I yelled, "No go away!". Dollie said, "If you don't kill those turtles I'll smash Doll".

I got really scared and picked Dollie up and put her at the bottom of my trunk and put all of my toys and books on top of the trunk. Then I went to eat with my brother. After dinner, I went upstairs to my room and started crying because Dollie was on my bed under the covers and Doll was smashed up in the floor and all my barbies heads were ripped off. When I told my parents what happened, they didn't believe me. But my dad said I seemed really scared of Dollie and that he'd take her to the dump right away.

Between now and then we've moved a few times. Everyonce in a while my dad would mention Dollie and I get scared (when I was 12 and 13). The last time we moved was last year and I was going through some old boxes and found Dollie. I took her upstairs and asked my dad why she was down there. He told me he thought I would come around and want her back. I took her to the guest room and sat her next to some books. I figured I had just imagined it all.

Me and my niece (6 at the time) were sleeping in the guest room, because my room wasn't finished yet. The next morning I woke up and got dressed and I helped my niece pick out some clothes. She told me that, last night, Dollie scared her and that she said she wanted us dead. I freaked because no one in my family talked about Dollie and I never told her Dollie's name. So I ran in the room, grabbed Dollie and threw her outside in the burnpit. I got some lighter fluid and torched Dollie.

Me and my niece sware up and down we heard yelling coming from the fire.

Other hauntings by dmtm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dmtm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
Horrifying story, the thought of posses dolls and just dolls with minds of there own is just terrifying. I mean of love chucky from child's play, but stuff like that in real life is just bad...
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
I would never touch or look at a doll again. Holy CRAP. Especially with the screaming, just terrifying. I can't imagine what might have happened if you had kept the doll.
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
I could really relate with your story because the same doll story happened to me when I was 4 years old.
dorothy9998 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
meep O.o that story is scary but I do beleave it 100% on a scale on how mutch I bealeve it from 1-100 id say a 100%
vmorenitas22 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
crazy! I would have done the same thing to make sure she never bothered me again! I hate dolls! They are so creepy! Thanks for sharing 😊
s8terbaby182 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
Wow that would scare the crap out of me!
I wonder why Dollie wanted you to kill the turtles...
Hammily (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Wow, I heard that dolls are easy for spirits to posses since they are empty and soul less. Also a thing to trap souls in. 😐 But good story! ❤
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
When you heard the doll talk about killing doll and the turtles, were its batteries working properly?
CutieTammy17 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Well I think dollie got a little jealous... But if Dollie could talk how about doll? 😕
xHellzz (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Wow that was one of the scariest stories I have ever read!:O thanks for sharing! I really hate that dollie I would have ripped her head off and throw her in a lake:P
AnimeLover4ever (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Wow! That's freaky! It sounds pretty hard to believe that a doll would talk or anything, but I totally believe you because of all the creepy doll stories I've heard. Anyway, it was good that you got rid of Dollie for good. Dolls scare me sometimes... 😨
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I have never seen a doll talk or anything like that. That must be really scary for a doll to do all that stuff too. Its kind of hard to believe that. But I believe you.
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
i have many different dolls and I also have something like chucky and I also love that movie it brings fear to me and my sisters back when we were kids... I'm so glad I didn't have this kind of expirience or else I wouldn't be able to enjoy them.
thank you for sharing! Don't be afraid of dolls they are all cute:) except when they starts talking about hurting someone 😨
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Hi Tonith, yes it's free (why shouldn't be?) and no it doesn't affect your computer in a negative way, I would never allow such a thing to occur on my site. I'm a user of my own product, just like you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Hey guys and gals just wondered if what I have read about joining the java chatroom is free or will I be billed? I'm not sure if I read it correctly but it said it's offered freely by another party. Is that correct? Also does it effect your computer in any way that is detrimental?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Glad I don't have any dolls in the house. I am not a doll person and never have been. I never asked for a doll as a child either and I didn't like playing with them like other little girls did. The porceline ones are too freaky for words and I wouldn't allow one in my house. Ok I guess by now you all know what my phobia is lol. Either you are pulling our leg or you are the next Stephen King in the making. Either way you freaked me out big time and my husband is working graveyard tonight lol. Just when I thought I was so jaded about most of these stories I get the one that hits my weak spot. I loved it.muahahaha
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Crazy,another doll moving story, I think you should have taken a hammer to smash Dollie. But I think you would not be able not to do it.Because:1.Your parents will scold and punish you.2.You might not be strong enough to carry a hammer at 10 years old.

And the ghost of the doll will be banished by God in means of threatening you.
BeautyInBreakdown (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Im completely afraid of porclain dolls.
It doesn't make any sence because I love horror movies, my favorite is chuck, and love to read about others paranormal activites but yet I'm scared of a porclain doll.

I guess its all the background I have had with them. 😜
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Wow that was scary. I kind of thouight that this was a fake story but you really made me feal like it was real. Either its true which I think it is or you are one hell of a writter. But either way thanks for sharing. I hope to hear frm you soon and take care
Dadomz (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
It reminds me of this Japanese myth of Dolls "gaining" souls after an acquired time--I'm not quite sure but my Japanese roommate didn't elaborate further--she just said she didn't like dolls.

I had a few barbies myself however, none of them acted the way yours did. I had several porcelain ones too and fortunately, they still appear to be inanimate.
xCharlotte_Jeremyx (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Woah, I'm not going to sleep tonight.

it reminds me of my old porclain doll, Amanda her name was, she used to turn her head and wink at me. Other than me and my little sister no else saw it and everyone else thought I was making it up.
i now have around 20 porclain dolls and because of Amanda they are in the loft, I won't get rid of them because my parents won't let me.
at first I thought you were making it up but then I remembered Amanda and realised you were telling the truth.

I think Dollie knew you favoured doll more and she may have gotten jealous, although that sounds mildly childish.
😲
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
At first I didn't believe you, but when I realized you thought you imagined it when you were 12, I could relate. I know I look back and think I'm imaging things that never happened.
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
oh my god!
That story sent shivers down my spine!
I don't have anything to say exept poor smashed dollie!
xxx funnylaugh
Massive_Lemon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
My friend had a story similar to this, but it involved a Ouija board. Creepy stuff- I hate my aunt's house, since she has porcelain dolls.
El (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-03)
"Ahhhhh!" That sounds horrific! I have always been scared of dolls, dolls and clowns, thanks to all those 80's horror movies. I feel that the spirit of those who have made the dolls can effect them somehow, just a personal thing but hope it helps sort out whatever that Dollie thing was.
MCRlover1 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
😨 That was the creepiest thing I've ever read! Thank God you torched it. Sounds like a demon to me.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
I would have got daddy to get the hammer, smash dollie's head, then the chainsaw and slice her up, then burn her, THEN take her to the dump; all at once. OMG this freaked me out so bad especially the part with you and your neice.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
God, this is scary. I don't know if I can believe this story. Now I'm more afraid of dolls than ever. This is soooo scary, I am going to have nightmares if I keep thinking about it. Wow. Unbelivable! 😨
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
Dmtm,Sure you did the right thing. Except I would have wanted a reputable investigation (and let the investigators keep it at their house). Also tempted to sell the doll on Ebay- some people like haunted stuff...
kanzaki_satsuki (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
yu should loved them both. Because if yu don't then misfortune may come into a doll.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: