You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Little Girl's Doll

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl's Doll

 

I was 7 years old, and just about to go into the 1st grade. I had just moved and knew no one. When I was younger I was obsessed with dolls, and for my 6th birthday, my grandma had gifted me a doll she had found at Goodwill. This doll was OLD, they no longer make dolls like her anymore, and I was thrilled. I would be the only one with this doll, and I already loved her. I named her Jamie, and I took her everywhere.

I started noticing weird things about three months after I received Jamie. When I would be playing with her, I would hear the voices of people that weren't there, as a young child I mostly ignored the voices and would continue playing. These occurrences stopped for a couple of months and came back in full force about a month after my 7th birthday.

I met a girl named Leah (name changed for privacy reasons) and invited her over to play. We had an extra room at that time because my mom was pregnant with my would-be second little brother. The room was set up as a nursery and was perfect for a playing house. Both Leah and I agreed that Jamie would be the oldest child, and a few of my younger dolls would be Jamie's younger siblings. Leah thought it would be fun to "put Jamie in timeout" for "hitting her sister". I agreed, we set Jamie in the crib facing the wall, grabbed both the other dolls, left the room, and closed the door behind us. We waited for a few minutes and reentered the room. Jamie was now sitting in the exact same place, but facing the door... Both Leah and I fled, leaving Jamie where she was, refusing to reenter the room.

At that year's garage sale, we sold the doll to an antique owner, who promised to take good care of her. It still haunts me to this day, and I will never truly understand how it happened. The only other people in the house that day were my dad and my younger brother, who were in the basement when it happened. We were standing outside the door, so no one could have entered the room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, prettypittiemama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-24)
Welcome to YGS.

Other than yourself and Leah, there's no little girl in your story.

I imagine that antique doll came with a baggage of attached energy, glad to know it didn't stayed behind after it was sold.

What kind of help do you expect to get from this forum?
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-22)
Hi prettypittiemama

I wonder if that is like another Annabelle, I'm curious to know what happened after you sold it, I can't imagine what would happen if you had kept the doll any longer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: