You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Daughter And Possible Past Life Memories

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter And Possible Past Life Memories

 

I've stated before in some of my experiences that my daughter Sarah, now 16, has startled me with comments and remarks that make no sense in regards to what is currently happening in our lives. One that I remember clearly is this incident.

We were in the car and Sarah, aged 3, sat in her car seat in the back and listened, entranced, to the song by Phil Collins, "In The Air Tonight". Anyone who has heard him knows he has a very distinctive voice and as soon as the song was over, she promptly announced, "Mama, did you know my voice sounded just like that a long time ago when I was a man?"

Remember, she was 3 when this happened so I literally have no clue where it came from. She was hardly more than a toddler, so I just said, "Ok, well, that's nice."

Later that day, when I had had a bit more time to process the information I slowly brought up the subject again. She immediately said, "Yes, I sounded like that man when I talked but I didn't have time to sing. We were running too fast and then Nanny fell down. Jack ran back to help her before the fire got her but we didn't see them no more."

We don't know a Nanny or a Jack. I was speechless for a moment before she continued. "I don't know why them people were screaming so loud. The fire was behind us. Do you think maybe there was another fire up there with them?"

I agreed with her that maybe there were 2 fires and asked what happened to Nanny and Jack. She said, "I told you already that I don't know. We didn't see them no more."

She seemed a bit sad so I shut my mouth and told her to go on and play, and later when I peeked in at her she was telling her pillow that she missed Jack. I did my best to distract her and never brought it up again and neither has she. I don't know if she remembers it or not, I'm almost afraid to ask.

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thefox (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
Hi mandee, I was told to read your story by another ygs member.
My daughter now 25 had what I would call past life experiences when she was 2 years old.
Read 'my other mum and dad"
Yourdaughter might be a wee white witch like mine๐Ÿ˜Š
Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-17)
This is quite fascinating. I am excited to hear more about her experiences. It would be interesting to know if she has any memories at her age now. My daughter had some "imaginary" friends that I don't think were so imaginary and she recalls bits of them. She is 15 now, but doesn't like to talk much about them.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Wow that's just so interesting. Here in Hinduism, we do believe in past lives and reincarnation so I most certainly believe in what your little one says. Anyways thanks for sharing this precious gem here. Hope to hear more about her stories. God bless u n your daughter.
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Hi, and thanks for reading and offering comments on my experiences!
Yes, Sarah has had many, many other experiences, some of which I have witnessed with her and others that I believe without a doubt happened to her.
As for what I have written about in these particular stories, I'm fairly certain she remembers them perfectly, but we've never actually discussed them in detail now that she's a teenager. I think maybe they've fallen out of significance compared to what has happened to her since these incidents.
I will absolutely continue to share these stories and I'm so grateful I have found this wonderful place and wonderful people willing to listen and give me a new perspective on things such as these experiences.
Other stories will be written and posted soon, and I love receiving any feedback from others, so thanks again!
The8Ms (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
What an amazing daughter you have! My almost 3 year old tends to say a lot of things about when she "used to be a brother" or back when she "was a grandma," but her comments rarely involve specific details or other people, just a very active imagination.

Actually they usually coincide with something someone else is doing that for one reason or another, she is unable to participate in but still wants to stake her claim to. ๐Ÿ˜†

The situation with your daughter sounds like something quite different than normal toddler flights of fancy. I look forward to hopefully reading more about your daughter and her experiences.

Have a beautiful night!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Welcome to YGS.

Mandee - both your stories about Sarah are fascinating!
Does she still see auras and spirits or has she lost these abilities with age?

There's a book about children remembering past lives, "Return to Life" by Jim B. Tucker.

According to his research on the field of children with past life memories, they forget about them around the age of six or seven. I'm glad to know you didn't deny your daughter's experiences trying to convince her that she was imagining things.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: