You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Demon Bird, Whispering And Other Scary Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Bird, Whispering And Other Scary Happenings

 

Hello to all believers and non-believers. I've decided to share my story with you all because I'm not sure what to do... And it's good to talk to people who share similar experiences. Let me start from the beginning.

I was always interested in the paranormal world from ever since I can remember. I'm not sure why I took an interest in it. I suppose it's because its' the unknown - I find that type of stuff fascinating. I've had a few ghost/spirit experiences here and there - lights turning on and off, objects moving, hair pulling, strange noises, cold spots, etc. It never really bothered me (though it did often frighten my little sister growing up). I haven't had any ghost/spirit experiences for a while now, though she (and my dad, now) claims they're still going off.

The story I'm about to share with you still scares me to this day, and I'm still suffering the consequences of my actions.

It started about six months ago. A group of friends had mentioned that they were going to an old, abandoned church graveyard and taking one of the lad's Ouija boards along with them. I immediately told them it was a bad idea and how they're dangerous. I was told to "lighten up" and take it for what it was - harmless fun. I decided to go along with them anyway if for no other reason than to make sure everything went smoothly.

It was around 11. 35pm when we arrived at the abandoned church graveyard. Instantly, I had a bad feeling - but then again, I am in a graveyard, in the dark, with a Ouija board on a cold night. So they set everything up and had a "play about" with it (I didn't take part). Everyone was laughing and accusing the other of moving the pointer to spell silly things like "seven days" and "hello [insert friend's name]". I just put it down to them being foolish and prating about. Around 35 minutes later when they all decided to get serious with it, strange things started happening. They were having some sort of "conversation" with a man whose name began with the letter 'M' (wouldn't say what his name was). They asked the obvious questions (how old are you, when were you born, when did you die, etc) but after a while, we figured he was lying because when they repeated the questions to him, his answers changed. Admittedly, I did chirp in and ask a question or two.

Anyway, things got pretty weird afterwards. The pointer began to move rapidly and at least two of us (myself included) heard whispering sounds (if anyone else did, they denied it). But it wasn't in a language I could understand. Then there was the sound of a massive bird that sounded like it was right above our heads (this sound we all heard). After that we just packed up and left. We didn't really speak about what had happened the next day. I figured everyone wanted to forget, so I just left it alone.

A few weeks later, I began experiencing some strange happenings at night time. At around 3.30am - 4am, I'd wake up to the sound of a loud bird. It'd sound like it was right outside my window. I didn't click on at first, but the third night in I realised it was the same sound as the one I heard in the graveyard. As the nights progressed, the sound got louder and louder. This would last for around 10 minutes per night.

Here's where it gets really strange - About five days after waking up & hearing the sound of the bird, I finally pluck the courage up to look outside my window. As I open the blind, I see a big bird (I haven't a clue what it's called - not good with birds, sorry) with dark red eyes staring into my window. I quickly shut the blinds and hid under my duvet.

As the nights progressed, I started to hear whispering again. Actually, it's more like chanting. I couldn't make out the language, but there was one word that kept being repeated throughout - Mulpus (or something like that). The only reason I remember is because as soon as it was over, I got up and wrote it down on paper.

I still occasionally hear bird noises and whispering, but that's all it is. I haven't mentioned this to any of my friends - I figured if any of them were going through it, they'd say first. Nothing physically bad happens to me - like, I don't get sleep paralysis or anything like that. I do have quite dark dreams that involve murder. That's about it.

I'm just looking to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this and what advice you can offer because while nothing has happened (yet), it's still quite frightening and annoying. I just want rid of it. I'm not religious so I doubt quoting the Bible will help.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your response.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MusicBox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Classicvintagechic (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
I tried searching what Mulpus means but it lead me to a word "Mullus" and according to the wise wikipedia: Mullus is a subtropical marine genus of perciform fish of the family Mullidae (goatfish). Anyway, I know this doesn't make any sense but Mullus is a fish and a fish is considered an animal and the bird that was bothering you is obviously an animal. Perhaps, it has a connection. I don't know, but it's just an opinion. 😁
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
Its scary. Sorry I don't know the meaning of Mulpus but quite sure it is something related to devil.
briebrie7 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
I looked up what Mulpus is, I can only find it as a street somewhere. Sorry I don't know how to help. But its an interesting story! I have had some freaky stuff myself
:)
EDx373 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
hallo, I am sory, but I do have to quout the bible. Sory, all so for my english...
The only place that the demons, ar depicted as birds, is the bible, many many times... If you don't believe that the bible is tru, or jesus is god in flesh, that doesn't mean, that that is not tru...

this life has more meaning then people think, cose they don't look for it... As jesus say: 7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and... One who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened...

The devil exist, and his gool is to pass an notice, mostly... If the people don't seek for god (jesus) hi (the devil) don't care, more then keep you busy with stuff (sports, music, politics, evolution, etc...) then if yuo look for god... Then he is on... Or, like you did, and many do... You seek for him, even, if it wasn't your idea. But ar tools like the wiggy bord (wacht the movie, the exorcist 1973 based in a few real stories, and some fiction...) that ar perfect tools for kids to have a demon more then clouse... If you think that just a few dreams of murders, and a bird at your window is not very much... Wach it..., one of the idioms of the bible for birds ar demons very very often. You have 2 options, 1 live this situation like this, and see what happens one of this days... Or 2, try to find some one you trust, that share the christian faith, and tell this story, and see how pray can do things that ar beyond human capabilitys... The rules in this life ar simple... LOOK FOR THE THINGS... To believe that the things don't exist, just cose we don't now anything about it, it's not a good statment... I will pray for you, and if you look for the truth, you will find it. Blesisngs... Eduardo bartoli
AshyVikernes (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I wonder why people consider things odd out of the ordinary from the astral are demons. Not everything that looks weird are demons. O.O

There are so many races of creatures in the astral it's not even funny. XD

Just my thoughts. ^^
animefreak (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
wow I'm not the only one with the anime name in the start that's good any way

Did it look a bit like a raven people say ravens are evil but once a raen helped me because I was crossing the road and I could of walked on the road when this huge raven landed right infront of me it didint look sceared at all but anyway a huge van out of no where appiered and I thank the raven because I was going to get run over if it wasent for the raven
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
they're really coming out of the woodwork today.
You folks really keep things interesting here.
animekhik (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Herro there. I know EXACLEY what your going through. His name is Malphas and he's a HUGE black raven with bright shining red eyes, and a squack that can break your eardrums. He is my guardian and I have known him since I was born. My parents where never there for me and I remember him in a human/raven form picking me up, cooing, and soothing me until I fell back asleep. I don't know why he follows me around and protects me but I love him. And I'm glad at least someone, or something was there for me when I was growing up. And that was him. If you have any questions, comments or concerns my email is pandorastevens [at] yahoo.com. I don't care if you believe me, or if you think I'm crazy, I'm just trying to help you.
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
To jarman: they will not outlaw something that is not only tied to the darkness, but also a boredgame. If they won't outlaw video games like gta, a "harmless" piece of cardboard and plastic.

To musicbox: so far you are doing everything great, just keep being strong.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Malphus and Malthus are two very different demon kings. Malphus is stronger and more deceitful. I suggest you call upon the Archangel Michael. You've got a powerful demon around you. Oh, and the gate. You opened a gate with that ouija board. If you desecrate it, that could also help. In case you don't know what I mean by desecrate, do your business on it. The demon will see it as filthy and will no longer use it as a passage into this world.
envolga (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Playing Ouija is a very dangerous game. You have to be extremely careful about who you have contacted. You should have stayed away for Ouija. I know this even though I have never played I know Ouija is a possessed game board that is to be taken seriously. Never play with it. I was listening to a story about an experience about the Ouija Board and I don't honestly want to talk about it cause I found it quite sad. Look it up though. I'll tell you this. A guy lost his bro for playing with that board...
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
Thanks for that, 'peaceandlove'.

I've just done a quick Google search and that demon sounds very similar to what I've experienced.

I still haven't had any contact from it for a while now, thankfully. I'm guessing it got bored?
peaceandlovexox (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
My sister and I have watched an episode on Paranormal State where a woman experienced the same thing; giant bird/crow/raven, red eyes, black figure chanting something with a rough sounding voice, and would present itself to her as you described. My sister and I saw "Mulpus" and she remembered about that episode so we thought we would do some research, the actual name is MALTHUS and it is indeed a demon it perfectly fits your description. It is supposedly a prince of hell and I suggest you find help. God Bless =) I suggest doing some research on wikipedia or something
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
Redphx - I wouldn't be so quick to say Jinn don't live in your area. It maybe possible that they do and go by a different name based of the culture of the area. Not tryin to say that they do live there just sayin to not be so quick to jump in.

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
Hagi - Just as a question, when you mentioned not letting a dog in the house, you meaning a pet dog? Because if so I have to disagree with that point to the fact that I have four of them, all of them come inside the house, and I have never experienced a jin or anything like that.

Musicbox - This was an interesting story. Not really sure what to say but from what you said in your last comment, I'm not sure what to say about his name. Maybe he was giving you a name that he knew you wouldn't be able to find anything on? I'm not sure. Also if you want them to leave may I recommend maybe blessing the house to see if they leave then?

Just my two cents to put in

Peace

JustCurious
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
Hi all. Thanks for everyones comments.

Sorry I haven't been responding - an extremely busy week.

Just an update - things progressed a little. I'm glad to say it's all over now (I think) but I think I was dealing with some sort of demon.

I found out via a facebook status that a friend who took part in the graveyard event had not been sleeping well. So I messaged him and asked what was up, etc and he mentioned bad dreams involving a demonic bird & being chased by it. I didn't want to worry him & tell him what I was going through, so I just left it.

Anyway, for me the bird noises stopped. However, the shadow figure in my room became more prominent. I couldn't make out a face on him at all. For the most part, he'd just stand watching me chanting something in a different language. I could still move throughout all this, but I was too scared to do anything. I just kept telling myself in my head that he wasn't going to win.

As the nights progressed, he started to speak. His voice was really rough sounding. He was quite charming. I don't remember what he was saying. His accent was weird. Even though he spoke, I couldn't see his mouth or eyes still. I remember mentally fighting him away from whateve it was he was talking about. It took a lot of strength from me.

Since then, I haven't heard anything. I'm hoping this is all over. I haven't spoken to my friend about the dreams. Maybe I should see if they're over for him.

But yeah - definitely a weird few weeks. I feel a lot better than before and full of life.

Also - the demon did reveal himself to me, but I didn catch his name. Mulpus, Malpas - something like that. I can't find anything on that though so I think I may have misheard. Either way, I don't care aslong as it's all over with!

Thanks for your help, guys!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Hi MusicBox, Thank you for sharing your story. First I want to say that I can't imagine how you could have the courage to play that game in a grave yard. I for one will never play that game because my mother and father told me what happened with them while playing that game out of fun one night. Grave yards got many birds always because there are nice big trees with almost no disturbance and it's a perfect habitat for them. During the night everything sounds much louder also so maybe you heard a real bird, but is not for me to say. Anyway in our country it's very dangerous in the graveyards these days because of crime so we don't go there. We used to go there just for fun like the one will dare the other to walk through the grave yard just for the adrenaline thrill. The bird at your window I don't know what that is if this gets worse you must get help to reverse this game and to sign of the right way by saying goodbye. This game can surely open a door for evil to step into your life that's why you must be very careful following instructions very carefully up to the end. I will never play it myself. ❤
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Well it could be a Thunderbird, those things are huge and have been sometimes reffered to as deities. They are also on the top of totem poles. Did it's wings sound kind of like thunder and how big was it?
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
I don't think this is a Mothman, in a Mothman form at least. It is a jinn that has morphed into a bird (which might be the Mothman kind of jinn). There are three types that I know of: ones that move at speeds like humans, ones that move thousands of miles per hour, and those that can fly. So I believe Mothman are the type of jinn that have wings and fly.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
dreamergal72 made an interesting point. Mothman. This would be something to reseach.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
You probably won't believe me but shortly after my comments here, I for the first time saw an animal which I think was a jinn (all my other sitings were in a humanoid form). I was eating lunch in my car with my wife (I pick her up from ESL classes and we meet up for lunch, we eat in my car usually). And a murder of crows flew and were landing in trees right in front of us. After most had landed one, a little larger than the others (I believe), flew by. As it flew by about 3 feet in front of my car and at the windshield height, I saw that it had gleaming bright yellow eyes. I asked my wife right away, "Did you see that?!" And she said yes. "It had big yellow eyes, it must be a jinn" I said. She said yes, and that she saw the yellow eyes too. I was surprised she saw it too since it only passed by us in a quick instance and disappeared (I think behind a tree). I tried to find it in the tree but I couldn't. She agreed that it was most likely a jinn, but didn't want to talk about it. She really didn't care too much. I mentioned it a bit later, but she just said it was interesting and that it was probably a jinn again but there was really much else to say. None of the other crows had yellow eyes, they all had black eyes.

This is very similar to the black bird with red eyes you mention!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Sound like your Friends is invite a Demons to come and play also Big Bird with red eyes Also it like Mothman that You might heard I hear many state have that Problem of Mothman.
CreatureFromTheBlog (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Interesting account, MusicBox. One thing caught my attention: you said that the name began with M and he wouldn't tell the rest, but later you heard a word that sounded like "Mulpus". That word is gibberish to me and I have an underlying knowledge of several languages... But it does remind me of the last name Molpus, which I have heard from time to time. Perhaps this being's last name was Molpus.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
good thing jinn don't live in my area. I just have the common demons and ghosts! They are a lot less work
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Ghostrreal,
Most likely your house has jinn living in it now. They may have moved in recently when your house was empty and in the market or they may have been there for a long time (this may be why the previous owner sold it). You can live with them side by side, they shouldn't harm you. It may take some time before you guys work out an agreement. They can scare you and give you bad dreams from time to time but they most of the time do not get physical. Don't worry so much, if it is making noise tell it to be quiet and leave. Tell them you paid XXX dollars for the house and if it wants to live there then it should help with mortgage. Seriously, you have much more right to this house than it and it's family. If you re-decorate then that is messing up their living space they are use to too, they may get upset at that. Just be strong and tell them to bug off. Try following my advice on the previous comment as well.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Here is broad knowledge on how to deal with and protect you from jinn, I wrote it in a way that others with similar problems can benefit from it too.

Here are some things you should do to prevent Jinn from bothering you. Keep your house and yourself clean. Don't allow dogs in the house (they are dirty and often leave a bad smell and feces all over). Jinn like dirty places and often have a bad smell on them. Also, angels do not go in houses with dogs or statues in them. Dogs and other animals can see the jinn but I think the bad outweighs the good in this case. If you really love your dog and want him in the house, only keep it in certain rooms and keep it out of your bedroom for sure. Close and lock your door in your bedroom before you go to bed. Also keep the doors of the house locked. I have been experimenting with closing my door (not usually locking it) before I go to bed now and since then I have not had the jinns come to me at night (I also do the below with Quran verse 2:255 too though). I left my door open the other night and my wife said all night something was bothering her (giving her many bad dreams). I do a special prayer which is to recite Ayat Al Qursi, which is chapter 2 verse 255 in the Quran before I go to bed. I found that if I do this I am safe until about 7:30 AM which is about the time the prayer wears off. God sends down an angel to protect you while you sleep if you do this. Also, when you recite Ayal Al Qursi any jinn in your house will leave the house for the entire day. Before you go to bed you can also recite the last 2 verses of Chapter 2 of the Quran and the last 3 chapters of the Quran (which are only about 20 short verses or so). I recite them in Arabic and try to think of the meaning in English as I am reciting them in my head, (I am not a native Arabic speaker either). You can try just playing back some Quran which evil jinn also can't stand to hear. Seek only help from God and try to purify your intentions, God is the Most-Giving and All-Merciful, it is easy for Him to give you anything so don't be afraid to ask and ask a lot.

Other things you can do is say "Bismillah" which means "in the name of God" before you do certain actions. For example, entering a bathroom (where they often live will hide you from them, this will hide your aura from them), eating (prevents them from benefiting from the food you eat), and entering your house (does not allow them to enter your home behind you). Also, the devils run away when you remember God. So try to be very God conscious and remember God often. Not just think about or say the words but actually in your heart believe in God and think of the meaning of what you are saying or thinking. Everyone has this deeply rooted inside them, just look how atheists say "Oh God! Oh God!" and pray to God so sincerely when they fear for their lives...

When confronted by a jinn one time, I had repeated a prayer seeking refuge in God from the devil three times and the jinn was still there. It was not until I actually thought of the meaning of the Arabic words I was saying that the jinn ran away. So sincerity and true faith and belief in God are required.

Also, jinn will posses or show to a person when they are in some extreme state. It can be really happy, really sad, or really tired for example. Try to keep a balance in your life and always have a level head, you seem very timid to me at the graveyard which may be why the jinn chose to harass you (it saw you as an easy victim). If you are possessed or if a jinn is just constantly bothering you try to quit any sins you are doing and better your life until you are in a more pure state where the jinn loses its power or influence over you.

If the jinn is moving around objects or hiding them from you then put these objects away or cover them with something, i.e. A cloth at the least.

If you are not a Muslim then you can still try these things. At the least you should just supplicate to God asking God to protect you. When I say God I mean God alone, not the Prophet Jesus, the Virgin Mary, Arch Angels, or Saints, as Christians often do. Sorry if that is offensive to others, but that is what I believe. Muslims believe this is ascribing partner to God which is the WORST sin, as you are bring God down to a human level and worshipping other beings.

These are but a few things you can do. I am not qualified to advise people on it but these are almost all pretty much common Islamic knowledge on dealing with jinn.

If I may add, don't be afraid of them. They probably fear you a lot more than you fear them. After all, what is walking around your bedroom or sitting on a tree outside really do to you beside just try to scare you? There activity is funny to me often, as I know there intentions and that they are really just trying to have fun most of the time... I mean this is what they do, its a sport to them. I don't advise you to directly mock them, or try to talk to them when you just feel they are around. This can cause more problems. However, if you see them or they are directly confronting you be stern and stand your ground if they are aggressive, be just as aggressive back. Run after them and raise your voice if you see them. Don't go hiding under your covers. If you see them and you are paralyzed, don't worry, they put you in this state when giving you bad dreams. It is very normal they are just a part of life really.

If you are having a lot of problems with them I suggest you go to a nearby Sunni Mosque and talk with the Imam there. There will be one or two people in each Muslim community that have a lot of experience with dealing with jinn. The Imam can also advise you on other things you can do to protect yourself and give you more knowledge on what jinn are.
Ghostrreal (1 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Hi everyone. Some strange things were happening to me since I have moved. I can hear noises, sometimes like shouts, and sometimes like cries. These things are ruining my life. I beg you people help me! Recomendm me something please! Icant stand this thing anymore.
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Hagi - thanks for responding. That sounds interesting. I'm willing to listen, so feel free to give advice on what I should do.

It hasn't tried talking to me; it just stares at me. And then there's the whispers... But I don't think they're about me/talking to me. I usually just try & ignore them.

Thanks a lot!
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Sorry - ignore that last comment. My iPhone is being crap and displayed that same first post by two differen posters.

Apologies.
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Yeah. I read it the first time. Thanks for your input though.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: