You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is Something Paranormal Happening To Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Something Paranormal Happening To Me?

 

Firstly, I would like to say that I have been reading stories on this website for 10+ years and like to consider myself knowledgeable about the paranormal. I'm not very good with grammar/correct sentences so please bare with me. I've had various paranormal encounters throughout my life that I plan on sharing soon, but the last week has been extremely strange to me. I want to give context that there have been rumors and many people all over my city claiming that the land the shopping center my workplace is built on used to be an Indian Burial ground? I'm not sure how true that is but the shopping center is very very expensive with expensive stores and expensive people walking around, I'm sure if I were a ghost on this land I would be p*ssed to see what it is today, honestly.

It started off with something non-paranormal last week, we had a PowerPoint at work where my male coworkers were given a female coworker to describe in 3 words as a recognition activity. My coworker jokingly put "kind, haunted, and unique," for me. My other coworkers laughed about it, but a few have brought it up to me since, insinuating that I am actually haunted.

Maybe 5 days ago I was at work with a customer facing the wall with products on it. My mind felt quiet as the customer was busy doing something, and in my peripheral (maybe 10 feet to the right of where I was looking already) 2 products fall off the wall. Nobody had walked past recently, I personally adjust things on this wall a lot and things never fall off of that wall? It was so odd and before I knew it my feet took me over there and I picked them up and put them back where they were, confused. These products weigh less than a pound, but like I said they never fall off the wall... By themselves.

The next day I come home from work and am playing my PS4 sitting in my normal chair when I get the feeling of someone blowing cold air onto the left side of my face. I move my head to the right and it follows so I relax, and start feeling cold air on my left hand that's holding the controller in my lap. I have experienced a spirit blowing cold air in my face before, years ago, so this was not the first time I've experienced this feeling, what made it so odd is I've lived in this house for a year and never felt that before.

I asked my partner if the A/C was on and she said no, the heat is on. What makes it worse is that the chair I'm sitting in is in the middle of the living room literally, with no vents around, no fan no moving air whatsoever. I asked her to come and feel where I was feeling this cold cold air and she couldn't feel anything. This "encounter," lasted a total of maybe 30 seconds, I even tried to take my hand and fan myself to try and reenact the feeling and it was nowhere near what I felt.

Now today, I go to work for 7 hours and about 2 hours into my shift I'm talking to a customer and start rubbing my left arm and look down and see in the area from the top back/side of my wrist there's a 2-3 inch long scratch going towards my elbow, and a much wider scratch closer to my elbow going down, and then one on my elbow. 3 scratches total and when I say, "wider," I mean the scratches are made up of 1-4 lines of little small scratches up close, from afar it's just red and blotchy some of it has already started healing but it's been 8 hours and they're still burning.

I am someone that is super super aware of my body especially when it comes to wounds/scratches/pain. I was in the middle of working when I noticed it and I was not around one sharp thing today! If I ever scratch or hurt myself I always notice immediately and am so fast to run to get antibiotic ointment and Band-Aids! I am someone who will encounter something paranormal but ignore it/not engage as I know better, and do my best to stay out of their way. Any advice? Thank you for reading if you've read this far!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gugglemolly19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+5
12 months ago (2023-03-29)
Welcome Gugglemolly,

Blowing on the face is something I've experienced too, a long time ago. But I don't know what's behind it. Perhaps it's a way to get your attention, or to test if they/it whoever can get your attention. The scratches I thought perhaps you'd brushed by a shrub. If the scratches are paranormal, definitely seek some kind of psychic protection. Here's Rook's method (scroll down)
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

If you're also visited by well intending spirits Rook's method won't banish them, only the ones intending ill will.

Look forward to reading your other experiences. As you'll know, from reading here before, these things are usually a process to work through. But putting some kind of psychic or religious protection in place (whichever you're comfortable with) will help sort any good from any bad entities.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
12 months ago (2023-03-29)
gugglemolly, I must admit I come across scratches on my arms and question where they've come from. On the odd occasion I don't file a broken finger nail straight away if I'm busy doing something. It then becomes obvious it had to have been me. In your case accompanied with the cold air randomly blown on your face, it would be worthwhile to delve into what that could be. You've come to to right place, and welcome. I don't have any suggestions apart from what Ladyglow said.* Find a way to protect yourself*. There's a member on here *Rookdygin* who has a method to cleanse your home from unwanted spirits. I can tell you first hand, my sister has used it since joining this site and banished a rotten spirit. Hopefully for good. Hope things improve. Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
12 months ago (2023-03-28)
Hi gugglemolly19.

"I am someone who will encounter something paranormal but ignore it/not engage as I know better, and do my best to stay out of their way."

By this, do you mean you're a sensitive of some sort?
If so, it's possible that what you have experienced is someone trying to get your attention.

Furthermore "My coworker jokingly put "kind, haunted, and unique," for me... A few have brought it up to me since, insinuating that I am actually haunted."

Do you know what makes your co-workers think this way?

May I ask if the air blowing on your face made you feel more than cold air? Something more like a sense of danger, sadness, love, etc.?

My point is, if you are a sensitive but don't want this gift, (nothing wrong with not wanting it), perhaps you should find a way to protect yourself from spirit unwanted attention.

Looking forwards to read more of your experiences.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
12 months ago (2023-03-28)
Hi gugglemolly19

From what I've read, only you seem to be experiencing stuff, not anyone at home and not anyone at work. I'm not sure if there's a connection with your personal experiences and your place of work being an ancient burial ground, perhaps if other coworkers have experienced strange things then that would explain it.

Or perhaps you could be a sensitive and indeed your place of work is an ancient burial ground, that only you can experience.

In my personal experiences, random scratches aren't a good sign, especially if you didn't inflict it on yourself, knowing or unknowingly.

If you feel like you are haunted then perhaps you can speak to someone reputable about this. Who will be able to shed some light on whatever you are going through.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your other experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: