You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Virgin Mary Appearance

Real Ghost Stories

The Virgin Mary Appearance

 

Hello everyone before I start, I would like to say that my story is not scary but I wanted to share it nonetheless and see if anyone knows what this means.

It started last year 09. I was going through major deep depression. I would cry every day and night. I would ask myself why I was going through this. I would always go outside late at night and cry my eyes out. I remember sitting in the back of the truck one night and as I was looking around I saw like a shadow of some kind walk by. I got extremely scared and didn't move. Then as I got off the truck and walked towards our front door I looked at the neighbour's trailer and saw a shadow moving all over the place. No one was outside so it scared me more and I ran inside.

More days went by and around august I went outside around 2a.m. And sat in the back of the truck and was crying and crying and feeling hopeless and lifeless. We live in front of a church. So that night as I was crying I happened to look at the church and there she was. I saw the Virgin Mary glowing beautifully with her eyes closed looking towards the left direction. I didn't get scared. I blinked several times and she was still there. She was gorgeous and at that moment I felt the biggest relief throughout my entire body. I gave her one more look and got off the truck and walked inside. I lay down thinking wow was that really her? As I was lying there I felt so peaceful, so calm and relieved. I felt as if I were lying on a cloud. I fell asleep so great. I woke up the next morning happy no tears or anything.

Ever since that day I have felt better no more tears or suicide thoughts. I was told she appeared to me because I really needed help and didn't know what to do no more. It was a beautiful experience. Thanks everyone for reading.

I would like others opinions on what they think and why she appeared. Please and thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stacey90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thenightowl (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
I think that Virgin Mary saw that you needed help and guideness. You are very lucky to have seen such a glorious sight, I wish I could be as lucky as you. ❤
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
In the past I have told people it is hard for me to believe in religious stories, simply because of the fact I find it hard to believe in the idea of the Virgin Mary, Jesus Christ or his almighty Father. People have posed this question to me; if Jesus and the virgin Mary were not real, then why do spirits/demons/ect respond to prayers in their names?

I'd like to make one thing perfectly clear, I am not an Atheist, I am an Agnostic. I try to keep an open mind, but I find being a skeptic helps filter out the mumbo jumbo from the truth. With that being said, let me explain myself.

Humans are unique creatures, it is proven we have an aura, as do all living things. It's actually possible to record these auras using special techniques. It has also been proven that these auras will actually change colors depending on how we feel. It's Obvious we have energy in our bodies.

I am also a firm believer in the idea that emotions are not just an obscure idea created by Man in order to explain something. I believe emotions are just as physical as the wind. Many paranormal investigators believe that emotions can actually effect the physical world around you, even leaving a print on time and space itself.

Think about it, emotions are in our every day lives, it effects almost every aspect of our world. There has even been document cases of cancer patients given placebos and their cancer going into complete and utter remission. That's pretty amazing if you ask me.

Another thing that intrests me is that no matter what background you are, no matter what religion you are, every culture has a cure of illness, a way to cleanse a home from evil spirits and generation after generation will attest that it works. Either spirits, demons and curses are universal and accept and acknowledge every religion or there is a catch here.

And here is the point I am coming to, in all of these cases, what is the same thing they all share in common? Us! I believe there is power in faith and belief, but it isn't renforced by some sort of divine being, it comes from within ourselves.

Let me ask you something, in all these horror films, and hauntings and such, what is one recurring theme? The evil spirit or demon almost alyways tries to break up the family. It is threatened by their love and commitment for one another. Love can be a strong emotion and the idea that it can repel evil isn't that hard of an idea for me to accept.

So then, why would evil spirits or demons respond to the power of prayers or saints? It's the human power of of faith and belief. Religion is a tool and if you believe enough, then you can use it to your advantage.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Hello, I came across your wonderful story... I think that she came a time when you most in need her... I do think its great she visited you, you are very lucky for that... I do also think there is a such reason, maybe because one: is that a church is apart of Jesus's body and she came to fix it. Its either his foot or hand. And as I said your lucky to see her. Two:to See her (again) was lucky! And you seemed to feel was she felt: Motherly (maybe?) Happy, trusting, joyous... I... Do not think she can give a negative appearance, since she is Jesus's mother. And well yeah; those are the thoughts of now... Love your story!
~~Eclipse2000!, ❤ 😆 and most in importantly be 😁
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Just came across your story and although it is an old one, felt compelled to answer. Just as we ask people to call upon their "deity" to help them remove a ghost, that belief in the deity always seems to show a bit a strength that is enough to make the offender move on or lessen in activity.

Your secret prayers for help and relief (I know those thoughts creep in when deep in depression, been there done that) had brought on the most blessed gift you could receive, a spectral of your "deity" that brought you comfort and warmth, and healing. I call it a miracle of the mind and I'm sure the uppers were working on your behalf. Whether you believe in the Virgin Mary or not, you were being gifted. Bless you and I'm so happy you are on the road to recovery! ❤
Sariel (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
Wow that's really cool I wish that could happen to everyone who really needs it! I'm sorry about your depression but now your over it! But that still doesn't explain what those shadows were, maybe trying to keep Mary from comforting you. Does she actually look the same from all her statues and stuff?
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
I see I've been misunderstood. I am not arguing whether or not Angelic Beings exist Whitebuffalo. Just saying that I find it interesting that no one recommends a person to go to a different site for advice when it regards something demonic. But I definitely see your point about the other site and it definitely does seem to be more helpful for those it may pertain to!
😁 I stand corrected!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Jarman,
while we are all entitled to our own beliefs... There is something perhaps interesting, I have recently found. Having researched many different exorcisms'...many having been audibly recorded, I have come to find that the exorcist uses the name of Jesus to fight the evil spirit. The evil, in every case, suffers at the very mention of His name... And while the Exorcist cannot take the place of Jesus, they do call upon his name to push the evil spirit out of the victim. I have read and heard quite a few of these battles, and everyone is similiar in the way the Priest does battle. 1st step, for example, breaking the Pretense... Where the evil spirit tries to hide behind the real person it inhabits... The commmon theme though, is calling upon the power of Jesus... I am now a firm believer in that power, as there has to be something to it.

This comment from leenieweenie is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
Thanks so much for sharing this. I do believe Mother Mary helped you out of a bad time and hope you can use that to make your life a great one.
stacey90 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-04)
Like I said... Thank you everyone for reading... And I respect everyones comments... Even if sum sound rude... But its peoples opinions... And to the nice ones thanks a lot...:) <3
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-04)
So...
How has this experience changed your life?
Seems to ME, that SHOULD be the real question here. Not so much necessarily the "Why's", those usually come in time if it is truly a Spiritual Lesson.

Excuse me, just for a minute. I was going through the comments and I HAVE to say this:
JarMan? *sigh in relief* Thank you. That is perhaps the most thorough, without overdoing, explanation that I have read in a very long time. I truly appreciate the sharing of your beliefs as it makes it QUITE clear as to WHY you wrote what you did. THANK you. I am being totally truthful here. 😊

Sorry. 😳
I need to echo Granny, here. There IS a Sister Site on Spirituality. I really think you can get better, more useful advise, thoughts, ideas from that sites mindset than you can on a Ghost story site.
That being said... THANK you for sharing it with us, first!

Oops, I see another something. Elephante81? No one was saying that Angelic Beings do not exist. They were saying (those that actually talked about the situation) that "in THEIR opinion". The comment section is PRIME for discussions, so I LOVE your thought! Seems so very true. The Spiritual site that is referred to is http://www.spiritual-experiences.com/. Just a VISIT to the site discourages the thought of Demon kind. Every Site has it's personality. THAT one is just...

Anyway, sorry again.
I would say that what you experienced was a straight up Miracle. The vision of this Being created in you a bridge across the chasm of your emotions, and brought you to an inner peace.
She emanated peace, I can feel that in your description.
I try not to question my Spiritual Encounters. I TRY to fully accept them and let them CHANGE my life, for the better. A Spiritual Encounter is SOOOO much different than a Ghostly Vision or a Residual Moment.
There is a LASTING and REAL path change going on.
For this story to be truly appreciated, one truly has to be firmly into their Spiritual side. For a glimpse at Perfection...
Thank you for sharing this.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Thank you for your story. I once saw Our Lady of Guadalupe standing at the foot of my bed one night, and have had several encounters with guardian angels-one actually saved me from what could of been a horrible situation. I think stories like this give us hope in goodness and in peace. As someone who has experienced both frightening paranormal experiences and peaceful spiritual experiences I know that the there is good out there and there is evil. It is when I pray during the frightening experiences that I know that God is protecting me because the scary encounters go away. Thank you for sharing your story and I'm glad she helped you find peace.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
haha zzsgranny, definitely didn't mean it that way. I find it in the comment section of many stories. I just find it interesting!
😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
This is really a nice experience. I love to hear about paranormal events that are not frightening. I am glad that you found comfort and I am very happy that she helped you.
stacey90 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS: MARY AND JESUS GOD::THEY ALL HAVE HELPED ME IN SO MANY WAYS. I UNDERSTAND EVERYONES COMMENTS AND RESPECT THEM. I thank you very much for reading my story... I have more things that have happend. There's to many haha. Ill write them later on. Again. Thank you everyone. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Elephante: Thank you for the kick in the pants! 😆...We all need that once in a while...

Stacy, I'm sorry, I should have explained in my last comment that the Spiritual site seems to be the only one of the sister sites that hasn't succumbed to the religious debate plaguing the others...

I didn't mean to disregard your account, or make you feel that I don't believe you... I just thought that maybe reading about others similar experiences may help to fortify your strength...

This is an incredible experience... Thank you for posting ❤
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
God Bless you
It is great that you've had a healing experience from God or anyone Holy. I've had some myself. I've also had one from Mary as well.
She came to give you a message that you are not alone, she feels and understand your pain, and you are loved by God. You have gone through a lot, and you needed this.
There is more good things to come for you.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Great story and I'm glad this experience has made you a stronger and happier person... Although it is definitely hard to believe.
On a side note, however, and this is to go along with a couple of the comments: I find it strange that stories of demons are easily accepted on this site, yet stories of this good nature are either tossed aside or easily written off as imagination. I'm not trying to be rude to any posters at all! And I'm definitely not trying to be preachy... (I've never been one to do that). It's just interesting to me. Evil is much more easily accepted it seems. 😐
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
I will be completely neutral with beliefs as I comment.

Help comes in many different forms stacy, In this case you have been given a shield from your sorrow and sad feelings. Be thankful for it.

I know many people who have had encounters with Deity. A native friend who was given help by a spirit wolf, a wiccan given inspiration by nature's touch, a budist who has control of elements.

All these people differ in their religion, but they have had experiences that build their own faith and give them help in times of need.

You were helped as well.
JarMan (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Emotional distress can cause poltergeist like activity in your home, more importantly it is caused by you, even if you are unawares of it.

Believe it or not, darkness has a density and it's really easy for it to have "layers". I can't tell you how many times I've seen a darker bloat floating over lighter darker blots. It could be your eyes adjusting or any other number of things.

For me it's difficult to believe this and here is the reason why; while I can accept the idea of a larger power at work being responsible for creating the known existence, the bible, it's character's and it's story is largely written by men, men with a agenda (which is to control the masses). Not only that, there are so many different editions and variations of the bible, it would be impossible to separate the truth from the lies.

It is historically proven that Christmas is actually a collection of pagan traditions and holidays borrowed by Christians. Considering all these things, I am a strong disbeliever in not only Jesus, but in the virgin Mary. I can't believe your story if I don't believe in the virgin Mary.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
great story. You were obviously in need of some healing... The brain being an organ that can and does get sick. Can't help and wonder though, why some folks are saved in this type of manner, while others are left to suffer from their depression... Many times with devestating consequences.
Consider yourself one of the fortunate ones to have such a healing experience.
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
There are more and more people coming out and saying that they see these appearances of The Virgin Mary.

I have a close friend who had a similar experience. He is very intelligent and so I believed him. He would love to read this.

Thank you for sharing ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Stacy: I'm not sure this account belongs on this site... There is a sister site to this one for these types of encounters... You can see it at the top of the page: Spiritual Experiences...

I'm sorry, and I mean no disrespect, but this is not a religious site, although some here want to turn it into one... You may get some very good feedback form the other site, as well...

Interesting story though 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: