You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: I Can't Sleep At Night

Real Ghost Stories

I Can't Sleep At Night

 

About a year ago I spent the night at my cousins house, it was about 2 am and I heard noise coming from outside. I was in my cousin's room and right outside are her gates. It sounded as if someone was opening her gate so I got frightened. I was about to get up to tell her then all of a sudden I couldn't move, I was really scared. It stopped but plenty of times after that incident happened to me it occurred more often but differently. It always happens when I'm about to go to sleep, I'm always half awake, half asleep. Its getting out of control now. It happened to me 3 times last night.

For example, last night I woke up during the night around 3:30 as usual. I continued to fall back to sleep, as soon as I shut my eyes, got very comfortable, and was half ways asleep I started to hear a mute sound then right after a buzz sound. I tried to move but I couldn't. I was able to feel myself trying to fight it. I did the routine of praying to God and my uncle who passed away. It stopped seconds after and I felt relieved. I thought since it happened once it wouldn't happen again, but I was wrong, the same thing happened.

I always wonder what would happen if I don't fight it. I think it happens to me at that time because that's when I am most vulnerable; I'm so sleepy I don't want to wake up. I'm thinking they do it at that time because they think I'm going to give in and not fight back. I always wonder if I let myself, what would happen. But I'm too scared to find out; if anyone of you has dealt with what I have experienced can you help me on what I should do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chaosgrl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
This is a demonic spirit attempting to gain possession of you. I experienced this many times in my youth but now have gained and understanding from the Word of God what I was dealing with. I remember when a spirit of fear try to overtake me but I began calling on the name of Jesus and angels literally came to my rescue. What you have to do is repent of sin in your life. Ask Jesus to come into your life and start reading your bible. Grow to have a personal intimate relationship with God and these demons will have to flee from your life.

(Jas 4:7) So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.

(Jas 4:8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].

(Jas 4:9) [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
This really does sound like Sleep Paralysis. If you could just check out a few different sites, you might find that the similarities are there.
Http://hubpages.com/hub/Sleep-Paralysis-Symptoms--Causes-and-Treatment (MY personal favorite)
Http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-with-Sleep-Paralysis
Thank you.
glfc (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
you say you was about to get up to look at tell your cousan the first time this happened. Maybe its someone protecting you, maybe even your uncle. He stopped you getting up to tell your cousan something wich could be dangerous.
Then again if its not carry on praying. It hasnt hurt you yet then chances are it won't hurt you at all.
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
You already have the answer to your problem. I am not sure what your uncle could do but God and prayer is the answer and just as you said it made it go away. Pray before you go to bed and ask God to guard your dreams ad not let anything bother you during your sleep and that He would not allow anything into your dreams that are not from Him. He is the one that helped you and your uncle was probably watching you closely.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: