You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Or Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Or Shadow Man

 

In 1999, I worked at a home owned by Community Living. Community Living is an organization that provides 24 hour care, lodging and support for physically and mentally disabled adults.

The individual I supported "D" was a 35 year old mentally retarded male who required constant supervision and lived in a mother-in-law apartment that had been attached to a house. The house was connected to the mother-in-law apartment by a door that entered into D's bedroom and was kept locked at all times. The house was occupied by a male and female, both of whom were mentally retarded and required constant supervision also.

D always went to bed at 7:30 pm and because he was required to take

Several drugs to control his behaviour, he always slept through the night and never got up to use the bathroom. The door to his bedroom was always closed once he went to bed and the staff working overnight always slept on the couch. The small kitchen and living room was open concept and visible from the couch and I always slept with the bathroom light on as a night light and the door open 2-3 inches. So it wasn't brightly lit but I could see.

I was sleeping on the couch and I don't know what woke me but I leaned up and looked towards the bottom of the couch, off to one side. I could see the outline of a man's head and shoulders but it was a dark shadow and I didn't see any of his face or features. I laid back down on the couch, closed my eyes and then thought to myself, wait a minute - what was that? I leaned up again and looked but there was nothing there. I went back to sleep and thought nothing of it until about a month later at a staff meeting.

One of the other women told me about something that had happened to her, one night while working at D's. Her experience was the exact same as what had happened to me except it frightened her so badly that she got up and turned every light on in that very small apartment and no one was there. That is when I felt the little hairs on my arms stand up and realized that we had both seen the same thing, although I didn't feel scared at the time that it happened to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emlyn36, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
These facilies that you work in do tend to have a lot of reported sightings and experiences, I believe that the majority of them feed of the week and this tends to be very negative spirits. In your situation I don't think this was the case, this seems more of a curious spirit or just spirit wandering through.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
i'd assume at a guess that something which either visits or lingers there, was curious as to why you and the other worker was sleeping on the couch, wondering what you are doing there and perhaps wondering why it's always different people.

Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: