You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Seeing Dogs?

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Dogs?

 

When I was a young girl, I was fascinated with paranormal activities. I was always reading ghost stories and found the other realm to be a subject worth delving into. Once it seemed to take over my life and I was having horrid dreams (I was in fourth grade at the time), I stopped reading about all of this altogether. It hasn't come back to haunt me until now.

My boyfriend's fascination with the paranormal is insane. Once we began talking, he was always telling me about hearing things, how he has a general way of 'feeling' when something is around. He told me stories of Slender Man, chupacabras, and other entities. I never thought this was based in fact and brushed it off as nonsense.

One day, we were sitting in my truck after 1 AM (our college has a 1:00 curfew) and simply talking. It was the beginning of October and he was really excited for Halloween. When I turned around to glance in the back of my truck for no apparent reason, I thought our friend had snuck into the crew cab and was holding his hand up. Then I immediately thought my boyfriend had a fake hand and had put it there due to his excitement. It took me a moment to realize this was not the case and it was simply a hand sticking in from the back of my truck! I was thoroughly terrified and denied any of it had happened.

Not too long after this, we decided to run up to my house to see all of my pets. I was driving into the field next to my house when I glanced over to see my dogs standing outside. Next to my dog Alyx, I saw my uncle's dog, Sarge. I simply said, "Oh, Sarge must be here," and kept driving on - this was nothing out of the ordinary. I mentioned to my mom that I had seen him around when I called her a few days later. "No, you didn't see Sarge." "Yes mom, I promise you I did. He was standing right next to Alyx like they usually do." "Megan. Sarge died a few weeks ago. You didn't see him." Once I had told my boyfriend this, he said he had looked in that direction but never saw a dog except for Alyx.

After all of this, I was pretty shaken up. Since then, my boyfriend has spent the night in my dorm room and heard his name coming from my closet and a close friend had quite the spooky encounter in her room. Nothing had happened to me directly though, so I was beginning to think everything had subsided.

Last night, I was lying in my bed, unable to sleep. I kept having this nagging feeling that something was going to happen to me that night, but what, I did not know. I opened my eyes around 3:30 AM to see a dog with its arm over my bed, close to my chest. It was white, with ears that flopped down and were fuzzy, while what I could see of its body had short hair, seeing as it seemed like it was standing on a box and just had its arm and head over. Its snout was long, kind of like an italian greyhound. It looked just like one, except for the ears. Once I saw it, it looked at me and began turning its head around (like it was cocking it to the side - not turning it like an owl would) - not all the way, but it got to a good 120 degrees before I jumped, shook my head violently, and it disappeared.

It seems like I've mostly been seeing dogs. My boyfriend tells me that since I'm ~1/64 Native American (my great great great grandmother was 50% Native American), he believes I have a shaman as an ancestor. I'm not sure though and I just want to know why I've been beginning to see things like this. Can anyone help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, -megan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
You don't have to communicate until you are ready and because its getting closer doesn't mean that its trying to harm you, just maybe get your attention. Like I said before, it could be trying to come across in different forms, like the dog because that's less scary.

But if the if the dogs and the hand/voice are different entities, then I would think the dogs are trying to protect you from whatever is projecting the hand/voice. But that's just an opinion and it could be any number of things. But still, nothing mean has happened. You being afraid of it is perfectly normal and it doesn't mean that the being is evil. As humans we are afraid of what we can't see or figure out. This is a confusing situation and it would be for anyone. Do some research on where you live, you never know what will turn up. And if you feel confident enough use video cameras and voice recorders. You can find my email address on my profile if you want to email me. Also, I have some paranormal experiences posted on this site that have happened to me and my family if that helps too. Though we've never dealt with dog ghosts, it might help
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
That was an interesting read for sure.

I think, if memory serves me right, that native indians believed in animal spirits to represent different things, so that may be a tie between your ancestory and seeing the dog spirits.

How ever if you said you saw the one dog that your mom claimed had passed a way a couple weeks before he may have come to see you one more time before going to the other side.

As far as the second dog spirit I'm not entirely sure what to say. I for one am not sure what to do to try to contact an animal spirit other than seeing if it will react to anything you say.

I hope you can figure out what is hanging out there and what to do with it next. Once again I thought that was an interesting read.

Peace

JustCurious
-megan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
DeviousAngel, that's pretty much what my boyfriend's told me. Whenever the first incident happened, he told me that, "This stuff follows me around." I'd always felt uncomfortable where we were talking (outside of the old gym where the basketball games are held) & after that happened, I refused to go back. I even made sure to make top band so I wouldn't have to do pep band & be forced to go in there for my band scholarship. My campus just gives me the creeps overall.
I've always owned dogs too, but never one that looked like that white one. The boyfriend thought it might have been a puppy of mine that had recently died (who was also white), but he had more corgi in him than anything - I've never owned an italian greyhound. It's just puzzling me, & honestly, I'm glad to be away from it for it a bit, even if Christmas break means no internet. Haha. (Sorry if this makes little sense. It's nearly 3:30 AM & this is my only night of internet for awhile.)

Shamby, I had been relieved that nothing dangerous had happened, but here's the thing. Before, I kept thinking I was hearing my toilet seat in my bathroom go up & down. (Which I later figured out was the air conditioner in the room next to me shutting off.) Then once the dog showed up, I immediately thought about the voice my boyfriend had heard calling from my closet - if it's getting closer, nearly touching me, doesn't that mean it's more dangerous?
Being completely honest, I'm still too terrified to attempt to communicate with it. Everytime it's happened, I jump up in fear & freak out, then once I open my eyes, it's gone.
Well, if the dogs are trying to protect me, I wonder what they'd be protecting me from? It's just so confusing. -.-
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
It certainly sounds like you or your boyfriend has attracted some kind of spirit. When appiritions act weird or are distorted, I think it's because the spirit is confused or uncertain about how to present itself and therefore acts strangely; in your case, appearing as a dog with a bit of a head problem, lol. Don't think I'm making fun of you... That would have scared the crap out of me. Just trying to make light of something freaky.

Because you have some native American ancestry, it's possible that you could be seeing animal spirits because that's what you feel most comfortable/familiar with. It also may be just coincidence, but it's hard to believe in coincidences these days.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Hmm, interesting. I honestly haven't met someone that can see only spirits of dogs. Can you see any other spirit, like orbs? Send me an email, I may be able to help you further.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
-megan,

I don't think this has anything to do with your ancestry to be honest. Although it is interesting that you're seeing dogs... You've also seen people too (the hand) and your boyfriend heard someone calling his name. I think that something is just trying to get your attention, in ways of something familiar (perhaps calming) like Sarge or other dogs. Since nothing dangerous has manifested, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Next time you see something, try and communicate, ask questions to see if you will get a response. There is also a possibility of something wanting to protect you, dogs are often protective of their families.

Sometimes people are born with abilities to see things others can't. And most children have this capability until they get older and it fades, maybe yours just decided to show up later in life! Interesting story, keep us posted please!
GhostHunter555 (12 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Just explain it to someone as in a ghost hunter or your boyfriend/parents. If no work, \\ 😕, then try to pray over and over or even try a curse using an ouija board or even try "In the name of Jesus, get out!"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: