You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Early Morning Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Early Morning Shadow

 

And so my story begins...

I had a friend of mine staying with me for a few days this year in early January, this happening the last night she was with me. After watching a movie and talking for some time we decided it was time to get some sleep in as we had to be up by six to get ready to be at the airport by seven.

By the time we got into bed it was late, I would say about two AM. We were sleeping in the same bed and after awhile I had started to actually try to get to sleep when my friend jumped from her sleep, screamed loudly and grabbed onto me in fright.

This was scary and not expected so I screamed too and didn't know what was going on. I held my friend who was covered in goosebumps and was very shaken up. I had asked what was wrong twice but it appeared she was too scared or shaken up to speak. When I had asked what happened a few moments later she told me that as she was drifting to sleep she felt something touch her arm and say her name making her jump and scream. Although it was horrible to hear, I just thought of it as a bad dream. I was awake at the time too and I didn't hear anything, I didn't hear a voice saying her name so it must've been a dream.

After staying up comforting my friend for some time we decided to try and sleep again, this time switching sides of the bed because she was frightened to sleep on the side she had been on. I was now laying where she was.

Worried about my friend I decided I'd stay awake until she fell asleep, just to make sure she was alright and not having more of the nightmare I assumed she'd had before.

As I was laying there in the darkness of my room with just a little light from my window, I saw a shadow. To just say 'a shadow' isn't enough to describe how terrifying this was to me. A shadow darker than the darkness of my room appeared to walk out from my curtains, across the room and into my wardrobe. A shadow a little taller than myself and I'm 5'10, walked out from pretty much nowhere. It didn't have legs or a head shape on its shoulders. Imagine a person in a long cloak with a hood but in silhouette? Thats as best as I can describe.

Naturally I scream and cry and tell my friend what I'd seen. Thinking of it just now terrifies me. My friend and I never went to sleep that night and stayed up with the lights on until it was time to go at six.

A month later this friend and I had a pretty bad falling out and we haven't spoken since. After this experience I suffered terrible nightmares and sleep paralysis. Often waking up scared or extremely sad and crying for no reason, scratching myself in my sleep often and always waking up feeling sick, dizzy and tired. It was just always at night time and with sleep and dreams. I felt as if I was going mad.

The past three/four months it's been better, less nightmares and nearly no sleep paralysis at all but I haven't slept properly and 'normal' in quite some time. I did have everything in my room removed and got everything new. This seemed to really lift the air and create a better atmosphere in my room. I haven't seen this shadow since.

I just often wonder what it was I saw and if it wanted anything.

Maybe to warn me about my friend or to hurt me with these night and sleep time horrors?

Thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miss_X, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Archangel (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-12)
i remember this one time I woke up in the morning with 3 long scratches starting from the middle of my neck and going down to the middle of my chest they were 3-fingered,bright red scratches. But I knew it couldn't have been me because my nails are pretty broad. These were narrow, like claws or something. (actually I didn't notice it until I got to school and all my class mates started commenting on it) AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Miracles51031 - sorry about not getting back to you about that. I read it while doing some research into ghosts, etc. In the past when I was trying to figure out about shadow people because of some that I had seen out of the corner of my eye. I know that not ever shadow person will try and interact or anything but I'll try and pull that article back up and send you the link that I read it on.

Peace
JustCurious
Miss_X (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-01)
Thankyou for all these new comments, Sorry I haven't had time to respond until now. I've had other paranormal experiences that I may actually share on here this was just by far the most terrifying. My eyes just haven't seen something like that before I guess and the nightmares and what not were just horrible.

There is no hope for said friend and I to reconcile, what's done is just done. I don't think there are any bad feelings between us anymore.

This shadow walked across my room and didn't acknowledge we were even there. It was just walking through, like it was going somewhere I guess. It didn't stop or look or anything. I guess its different for some people, I'm not an expert but I know I have read other stories of these shadows staying around and being able to know youre there and interact with you in some way. I'm just saying the one I seen did not and I'm glad it never either ^^ but I totally agree that they can do that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
JustCurious - if you don't mind, could you share where you read "that Shadow People are intelligent hauntings. Most of the time being able to recognize that your there and interacting with you."

I saw a Shadow Man in my home, actually posted the story on here. My experience led me to believe that he was in no way interested in interacting with my family. This Shadow Man expressed no signs whatsoever that he even knew we existed.

I'm not saying the information you read is incorrect. I'd just like to read what you read.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-29)
I hope you too can become friends again unless she's the one that brought this thing but I suspect this was the first time she experienced this so she probably didn't bring him. Before this anything else happen to you before? I wonder if this thing is somehow responsible for the friendship ending.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
As an add on to my earlier comment. I have also read that Shadow People are intelligent hauntings. Most of the time being able to recognize that your there and interacting with you.

Peace
JustCurious
SheWolf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
I saw a shadow person once in bed. It was about 10 pm or so and I wasn't sleepy, but something caught my eye, I looked to see a 6' or so figure of a person a the foot of my bed. I was too frightened to say anything, but I just stared at it. After a few seconds it disappeared. 😨. The next morning I told my mom, and oddly enough I started crying (I very rarely cry). Another weird thing is all of our belongings from our previous house was shipped to our current one that night. I always thought our previous house was haunted!

I thought your story was real creepy, and I do believe in these weird shadows. Great story! 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
I read through the comments and I think I agree with what some people are saying.

It may be demonic, or it can just be a shadow person.

It is also very possible that your friend brought it along, or it may have lived there the whole time and may have taken having your friend over for it to act up.

Maybe try and contact the friend that you went through this experience with? Not requiring that the friendship get back to as good as it was (though it would be an added bonus if it can become a good friendship again) and see if they have experienced anything since then?

See if they had any resemblence to your experiences? If it starts to act up/come back again I would say to try and get the house blessed/cleansed.

I probably have repeated something that someone has already commented, and if so then I didn't mean to.

Peace
JustCurious
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
Hey cosmo, good to see the "good ol' folks" are still here... 😊[heart]

I don't think this entity is still hanging around unless you're still having these experiences (seeing things, scratches, etc.) And don't become an agoraphobe because you're afraid of spiritual entities. Most of the time these things go away if you tell them to. If you're still having these problems, you could straight up tell the thing to go away and leave you alone. If that doesn't work, then perhaps you can seek professional guidance (religious figure, medium, etc.)
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-21)
This entity you saw (the black shadow) is what is causing your paralysis, bad dreams and restlessness when you wake up and also experience what you do often. I have seen exactly what you described, blacker than black shadow person where you can only make out a silhouette of it. I talk a lot about some of my experiences in my first story and also talk about what this entity is and what its intentions are.
Jesterlight (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
For the past 6 months I have had scratches atleast 4 times that were always in the form of 3's. The one that sticks out the most was the very first one that was on the inside of my left thigh. It was only about 4" long, but I remeber it brought me out of my sleep it hurt so bad. I have cats, so I just thought it was one of mine tring to get on the bed, and using my leg as a climbing post. It hurt for about three days after but only bleed right after happened. The scratches have gotten worse in the past month. I think only because I notice it now. It could have been going on for a while and I just now noticed it. I can say every since I started noticing this, my wife has had very very bad dreams. She talks in her sleep now and one night woke me up by tring to strangle my ankle. I thought it was weired, since It took me almost 2 minutes just to wake her up. Once she did, she just went straight back to sleep and didn't recall anything that happened. I can say that when we leave the house, and go on vacation or just for a night out, we feel at ease. These are my experiences, and the only reason I am sharing them with you, is maybe this has been going on for quit some time and your friend brought it to your attention. Or maybe I am way off. Just a thought.
Miss_X (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Demonic? Oh dear. That is scary and yet not so shocking considering what was happening to me for months.I'm no expert on demons so I have no idea what to really think, I just know its not good. I have only seen it this one time and I'm sleeping better than before so I don't know if its gone or still just lurking about? Agh, last time I invite friends to stay.
synergy37 (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
My father worked with two very famous demonoligists for quite some time, Ed and Lorraine Warren... They have quite a few well-documented cases of hauntings. Anyway, they told my father that when you see a hooded shadow figure, it is usually demonic. I certainly don't mean to scare you, but I agree with many of the comments that your friend could have brought this entity in. It could be from her past or it could be because she is very spiritually weak, etc. Scratches and waking up feeling sick is very typical of a demonic haunt. My suggestion is a house blessing if things get bad again... And a self blessing wouldn't hurt either since you don't want to feel sick in any way. If need be, I can give you some helpful hints:)
Miss_X (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
Thankyou so much for all your posts.
It is quite possible that my friend brought this shadow into my house, I've never seen anything like this before this night. I know my friend was also hurt by this and eventually had to take medication in order to have a good nights sleep. I'm not sure about now because we haven't spoken for months. As far as I know my friend had no interest in the occult and had never used a ouja board, as I never have also. My self scratching I've never thought of anything but just me doing it while I'm asleep. I couldn't say what patterns they took but I know they didn't go in four or fives across my face but maybe not three either. It was more like two or long single scratches, perhaps they went in fours or fives on my thighs. Those are the places I'd scratch myself the most.
These werent just weak scratches either, they'd bleed.
I hope I answered everything and thankyou again for all the comments
notascrazyasitseems (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
thanks for sharing this story!
It's really common -I read a lot of stories, where wardrobes act as a portal for shadow people. Just like LouSlips said, the shadow being was some kind of attachment your friend brought in... 😕
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
I agree with Lou and my friend Devious. (Hey Devious good to see you, it's been a while 😊)

I was also thinking the along the same lines that your friend could have brought the entity in with her. Would you know if your friend ever had interest in the occult, or used a Ouja Board? I am glad that you no longer suffer from the nightmares and paralysis. Perhaps getting rid of all your old stuff aided in tossing out the negative energy as well. 😉
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
Thanks for sharing your story. That would have scared the daylights out of me too. The entity you saw sounds like nothing more than a shadow person, but that your friend had such an experience suggests that perhaps your friend--as LouSlips suggested--brought it with her. I wonder if, before she slept over, she had bought anything from a yard sale or garage sale? Or perhaps dabbled in the occult?

I'm glad that the negative energy around you seems to have lessened. Sleep paralysis can be aggravated by stress too, so try to take it easy and perhaps try meditation, prayer, or partaking of some type of hobby to help ease your mind. I think you did a good thing in cleaning out and replacing things in your room. If nothing else, it helps to change the surroundings to something new and different.
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
LouSlips I completely agree with what you are saying. Also maybe you should try making ammends with your friend. You don't have to be buddy buddy. Maybe even just forgive and move on
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
Or maybe it was attatched to her like a gardian angel /protector or soomething. And since your falling out maybe it is taking it our on you the only way it can with scratching or maybe your picking up on her sadness... Something like that...
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
Miss_x,

I think what you experienced was something that your friend brought with her to your home. I don't know the nature of the argument that ended your communication with her, but it sounds to me that she has an attachment that grew fond of you or your place for awhile.
You mentioned "scratching yourself"...are you sure you were the one doing the scratching? If the scratches were obviously yours in patterns of four or five, I would agree they were likely self inflicted... But were they in three's?

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: