You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Hand At The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Hand At The Window

 

I've always felt that there are a lot of paranormal occurrences happening in and around the property that my family and I live at. Even so, it terrifies me every time whenever something unusual happens.

Both my sister and I were chatting together in the kitchen one afternoon several days ago (New Year's Eve). I was washing up the dishes from lunch earlier, when she froze and pointed at the window saying: "Oh my god, what's that?"

I turned and saw a pale, yellowish hand with very long, almost alien-like fingers at the corner of the kitchen window. Its fingers were moving slowly and fluidly as if beckoning us to come outside. It was not attached to an arm. Both of us were terrified and I immediately went to the back door to check if someone was trying to play a trick on us. I didn't see anything, but one of my cats bolted inside, clearly frightened of something. I closed the back door firmly and went back into the kitchen. Not long afterwards, the back door opened on its own again with a creaky noise and my sister and I freaked out. I rushed to close it again. In hindsight, it was probably not a good idea to move to the back door straight away in case something dangerous did happen, but I wasn't really thinking at the time. Whatever WAS there, however, had found an escape route beyond my comprehension as it is impossible to move away to the left as there is a locked gate there. As for moving to the right, if somebody was playing tricks, we would have heard them run off along the concrete outside our back door, where they would have to have been standing in order to position the hand where it was seen.

I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing to follow, but cutting to the point, both of us had seen it so I know I wasn't hallucinating. It looked solid yet at the same time, otherworldly. I can't explain it any better than I can explain the mysterious shadow creature. When we both told mum about the hand later that night when she came home from work, she was surprised. She said she felt something watching her in the backyard the other night when she went looking for the cat. And the same night we had told her, she went to prepare rice cakes for New Year's a couple of hours before midnight and stopped all of a sudden. She told me that she felt like we were all being watched through the kitchen window from outside. Unfortunately, the light bulb outside doesn't work anymore so we can't see outside from indoors during the night from that window.

... I am wondering what it is trying to tell us. I know what I saw, and the fact my sister saw it too strengthens my belief that something is trying to grab our attention for sure.

Other hauntings by RhythmSnail

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RhythmSnail, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-08)
Ebony, that sounds like quite an experience, and maybe you'd be willing to submit it in detail on Monday when story submissions reopen. For now though, I'm deleting your second comment and asking you to please stop posting the same thing.
Ebony_Queen_of_Hearts (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-08)
I've experienced something similar to this as a child I might have been 10, my brother 12 at the time it happened. We were playing in my brothers room at the end of the hallway in a two story house, mum called out to us "Ammon! Ebony! Dinners ready!" My brother was the first to get up I followed behind him before coming out of the room I turned around to turn the light off as I turned I stopped because I heard a bang at the window, I looked at the window and saw a large, long, quite thin brown (branch looking) hand with claws I said to my brother who was just in front of me "what's that at the window?" just as we both looked at the window the branch looking hand reached inside the window like it was trying to grab us we ran screaming down the hallway. (The window wasn't open nor did it smash when the hand reached in). I am now 27, still living in New Zealand and to this day we still cannot explain what it was we saw that night.
Jimmybo13 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Wow, very scary, if that happens again DON'T OPEN THE DOOR! You never know what will happen, why don't you try going around the house to where the hand was and see maybe if it was something ekes, though I really do believe you
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
Arc-en-Ciel

What you say reminds me of a friend many years ago. She told me one day her sister heard a baby crying outside the house the previous night. I was appalled that her sister didn't go outside to help the baby. She explained to me that it is how bad spirits fool you to get you to go outside and that her sister often heard the crying.

It was with this friend that I had my experience with the Ouija. It was something that this family did a lot. One of the sisters later got hit by a train. It may or may not be related but it makes you wonder.
dogboy114 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
WHY DID YOU OPEN THE DOOR?!?!?!?!? It tried to get you to go out so that when you open the door you would let the spirit into your house! I am sure that's why it motioned for you to come out...
daveodd (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
i found this site by typing the words spirit hands at the window in the search engine. I thought I might be the only one who has ever seen hands at the window. Many years ago when I was only about 2, I can remember that one time at night at my grandparents home I saw what looked like very large hands with very long fingers outside the bedroom window. They seemed to keep getting closer to the window and larger. They were moving faster and did not look totaly solid. They looked almost to have sort of a bloody look to them. They did not look friendly. I have always wondered what it was that I had seen. Any info. That anyone might have about anything like this would be helpful. Both my mother and my grandmother had years later verified exactly seeing the same thing that I had at the same time that I did. This only happened that one time, nobody had ever seen the hands again after that one night. I am not sure what to make of what I had seen.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Interesting story. So Nice. I don't actually believe in Ghosts but when you said alien I believe it because I believe in aliens as I have had an alien experience.
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Hey, RhythmSnail, thank you for sharing:)
Well, you and your family had to be freaked out by this. I think your story is true, and the way these "things" appears is sometimes as unexpected as their own presence.

Actually, anything that calls for you, or beckons you to follow it, is not good. And it's even worse if it asks you to get out of your house. I suggest you do a little research here; actually, you'd find out that some entities are not able to get into households and have to lure people outside. What are their purpose? I don't know, and I don't want to find out xD

Please be careful and take care of you and your family. If anything happens, please let us know.

😊 😉
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
There was a story on the Haunted on Animal Planet where a woman in Saranac, NY opened a door and saw just a hand coming out towards her. So anything is possible. Pretty creepy though.
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
It is the belief of many researchers now that aliens are nothing more than an elaborate demonic manifestation. They create in a person's subconcious the space craft, aliens, abductions and the most tale tell sign that aliens are demonic is that when people have called on the name of God or Jesus, the alien events cease immediately, every time.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
You say alien?
Are you sure it was ghost like or alien like?
Do some research on it.
Huh.
Very creepy, and believeable.
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
That's interesting, I haven't heard of anything quite like that before. Kind of sounds like Thing from the Adams Family. I have no idea what that was. Keep us posted to whether you see it again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: