You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Floating And A Giant Hand

Real Ghost Stories

Floating And A Giant Hand

 

This happened some time when I was younger. Probably around ten or so. My room was currently being redone so I wasn't able to sleep in there so my mom decided she'd camp out with me in the living room that night. She was on the couch next to me and I was piled up on a blowup mattress. I don't remember ever falling asleep and everything felt too real to be a dream. I has this sensation that I was floating off the bed, but I kept my eyes shut for the moment out of pure fear of what was happening. I was a pretty easily frightened kid and when anything even the slightest bit scary happened I'd freeze up and shut my eyes and that was what I was doing here. But then I remember hearing a voice which is what inevitably caused me to open my eyes and look. There was this giant hand like a shadow on the ceiling and this voice that spoke only said one thing, and that was "touch me".

Whatever this thing was I didn't sense no ill intent coming from it, but my fear gripped me so much I was too afraid to even try to move. Though, not like I could have done much even if I tried considering I was floating a good few feet off the ground. When I ignored it, I remember the feeling of eventually being lowered back down to my bed when I supposedly "woke up" or rather snapped out of it, is what I believe as this felt all too real to be a dream, and I've had lucid dreams before, granted, not often, but this felt nothing like a dream. But, I remember looking around after. To further prove this couldn't have been a dream, whatever had just happened moments ago was all the same afterward.

What I mean by this... Was that the time was the same. I didn't know the exact time, but I know it was just becoming morning as the light was shinning in through the windows. I had remembered looking down in this floating state and seeing my mom still asleep on the couch, that was the same also when I "snapped" out of it. To this day I still don't have an answer to what happened but creeps me out still some when I think back on it. All I remember after was waking up my mom and explaining it to her but she didn't really have an answer other than it being a nightmare though I'm certain it was real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Marsoplis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-07-18)
It could have been an out of body experience.

Abcdefghijklmnop
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-17)
Hi Marsoplis and welcome

That is really a strange experience, do think it might have been streetlight from outside or something that cast a shadow on the ceiling? Sometimes there's a reasonable explanation for what we might feel is supernatural, also having mentioned being a easily frightened kid, fear gets the best of us and as a kid sometimes it can go on overdrive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: