You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The White Hand

Real Ghost Stories

The White Hand

 

This incident took place when I was around 6 years old. I was at my Mama's (Maternal Uncle in Nepali) home. It was the place I loved being at during my holidays. I had two brothers there of my age and we really got along well. This time when I got there, my mama had bought a new bike. Seeing a shiny new bike as a kid, wanted me to get older then and there and drive it myself.

My brothers and I requested mama to take us on a ride. Mama had to agree eventually. So, at around 5pm, we went out for a ride. We were very excited. One of my brother went to sit on the fuel tank. Mama was driving. I was behind mama and behind me was the other brother. 4 people in a single bike sounds too much, but we were just 6 back then. We didn't take much space. Then after each one of us was sat properly and had promised to hold on with a tight grip, the bike started and we waved everyone bye with happiness. Simpler times, happiness in simpler things.

So, finally our wish was fulfilled. We were enjoying the ride very much. The roads weren't particular good at those times (neither they are now) but mama was a good driver. We were laughing at occasional bumps we got from the road. It was a fun experience. We were sometimes looking right, sometimes left. We didn't want to miss anything. That's when I saw what I saw.

We had come quite a distance now. The houses were getting less denser. Now, there were no houses. Just tall trees on both sides and a small river passing between the road and the dense forest on the left. It wasn't dark yet, so what I saw wasn't something imagination could do. I saw it. I'm getting goosebumps as I remember it.

A pale, nearly white hand, cut just below the wrist, with really long nails and blood red nail polish, lay on the bank of the river. It was so pale, I could see it from afar and I kept my eyes focused on it, so that I won't miss it when we drove past it. When we were right parallel to the cut hand, it started to move. First slowly and then it started to run. I had my eyes on it all the time. After a few distance was covered, the hand stopped and disappeared. I know it's funny to imagine a hand running on it's own. But the hand really did run. I'm sure what I saw that day. But, I still cannot figure something out.

If anyone saw something as creepy as what I saw, wouldn't they tell other people around them to look at it, just to make sure? But, I was completely silent throughout. This thing really bothers me, on why was I silent or maybe, I couldn't just speak after what I saw. It's been 15 years to that incident. I clearly remember everything, but still cannot answer why I didn't show my mama and brothers that thing then and there, why couldn't I speak a word. It would have been easier to answer if I was so scared that no words came out of my mouth. But, I was incredibly calm now I think of it. It's only the times that I rethink of what I saw that creeps me out.

I have asked them many times if they somehow saw what I saw, but no one except me saw it. I know people will have a hard time believing such an incident from a 6 year old kid but friends, only if I could replay what I saw that day, I'm sure you'd believe it too. I don't think I'll forget this in my lifetime.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sagun_B, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-09-25)
Hi Sagun_B

That must have creeped you out especially when you are that young.
goblinkwain (1 stories) (15 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-09-24)
Woah, what a creepy little story! It was well written, too. I felt as if I was going for a bike ride too 😊
TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2021-09-24)
wow!that was a really creepy incident. It reminded me of The Hand in Addams Family cartoon especially when you described the hand running on its own... Who knew it actually exists... 😳
Saggubear (1 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-09-23)
That's an amazing story baby❤️💞 You'll always have something to amaze the world. I hope you'll write more and more in upcoming days ❤️

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: