You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Momma's Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Momma's Story

 

So some of you have said that you would like to hear some of my mother and grandmother's experiences with the paranormal...

Well let's start with one of my mother's. My mom and her FIVE brothers... Enough to make any female CRAZY! We're staying with my Great-grandmother... Her grandmother. She lived out in the country in a VERY OLD house. And she was very "country". The only time that I remember meeting her EVER I was probably about 4-5 and she honestly told me to go chase the chickens... That meant go try to catch dinner.

Well back to the story... My mom and her brothers were staying with "Ma" for the weekend. The house was kind of small; it had 4 rooms total 2 Bedrooms, 1 Kitchen, and the Living room. (Yes she did not have an inside bathroom.) My mom and all of her brothers were asleep in one bedroom and "Ma" was in her room...

My mom got up to get something to drink and saw "Ma" sitting at the vanity (a little table with a mirror attached with a stool...) She had VERY long hair and was brushing it to start the day. Well when my mom saw her she said "Ma". Ma didn't pay any attention to her... My mom said "MA!" still nothing... Finally my mom said "MAAAA!" and "Ma" came out of her room... My mom looked at her and when she turned back around the "MA" at the vanity was gone.

Other hauntings by Leila28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leila28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Hmmm that interesting regarding a living residual haunt its either that or a Doppelganger they also seem not to interact with the person experiencing it. BadJuuJuu very interesting topic, to witness your own residual self I probably would think I'm losing the plot lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
i have only ever heard of this kind of thing once before but that was the person seeing themself doing the thing they were going to do its creepy
Great story though enjoyed it 😊
Leila28 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
The woman at the vanity was either my great grandmother... Living Residual Haunt... Or her sister... I believe it was the residual of what happened on a daily basis... I will have to post more stories from my mom... Also I will post one from my grandmother...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Ohhh wow this is a great story! So the woman at the vanity looked exactly like your mother's grandma, or did your mom just think it was her. At first I read it as she just thought it was her but after reading BadJuuJuu's comment (which brings up a very intersting subject) I am now wondering if the woman at the vanity was in fact the same woman who came out of the bedroom. I am very interested in this residual haunts of a living person now. I had no idea that even existed. 😊 ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Interesting! 😊
You have just given a lot of weight to something I've been saying for a while now- that residual haunts can occur while the person is still living. The Ma at the vanity had no reaction to being called out to, she just continued what she was doing as if no one was there. That's how residual hauntings work. They are just an impression in the environment left behind by intense emotion or repetitive action. They have no consciousness, no awareness. No intelligence is present, the "haunt" is just a recording. I read one account in Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson's book "Seeking Spirits" of a woman who encountered her own residual haunting. Since then the idea of residual haunts of a living person have fascinated me.
Thanks for sharing! This is going to my favorites. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: