You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Story Of My Papa

Real Ghost Stories

The Story Of My Papa

 

This goes back to when I was two years old. My Papa had died two weeks before this happened. I was only two so I was not old enough to even know what lying was. I was just playing in my Nana's van while they were working on it. I was playing and having fun... My nana put me on her hip and when we got on the porch she said your sure do like playing in nana's van don't you? I said, "Yeah I was playing with Papa" (remember I said he had died two weeks before this?). And she said, "Oh really?" I said, "Yea he's right there!" I pointed over to a spot where nana couldn't see anything. But I saw him just as plain as day standing right there was my Papa. Paul Rastus Edwards! Oh yea I can't forget this: My mama had kept me from knowing he was dead so I had no idea this was a ghost or a spirit which ever you prefer.

Anyway so can anyone tell me if this was a start to seeing ghosts? Maybe it wasn't my first experience of them? Was I may be thinking it was my papa and it might have been an evil spirit? I believe in god fully but I'm not sure if I should believe in ghosts? Does it really matter?

Also I have another story I'm going to put into here to use more characters it's a shorter one. So here I go:

I was going to my room when I saw a man with an evil grin. And I went into my room to get my iPod touch and when I got it I turned around real fast and saw him in my doorway and he didn't have the evil grin he was just standing there in my doorway. I turned around and he was gone again so I would really like to know what that was so thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghostified, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
I do not have proof of my comment - but I feel that the age of two - you have yet to experience the evil ways of the world - so that being said - my opinion is that children of that age would only see good spirits.
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
11! And wow really? True about the haven't expirenced evil yet!
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Children have a 6th sense about them - but as you said - you were too young to know that you were actually seeing a ghost. I also feel that children see only the good (angels and ghost of pass family members) I really don't think children see evil - because they have not experience evil yet - that comes later. How old were you in your second sighting?
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
ok thanks it helps alot! Thankss everyone who tried t ohelp mee!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
if you feel that it just wants to scare you the best thing to do is tell it you won't let it scare you anymore and to leave you alone if you do see it just tell yourself it does not matter that its there like if your parents tell you something and you think to yourself "whatever" (I know you have all kids do) also try asking your papa to help you with this thing.
Good luck and I hope it all works out for you
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
it just feels like its here to scare me nothing more no I haven't told anyone because I'm the only one who believes in ghosts 😕 me and my friend miya have had an expeirence with it before
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
ghostified how does it feel when you see the man? Obviously scary but do you feel like its there to just scare you or does it feel worse than that and have you told anyone else who lives there?
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
guys I truly don't think all ghosts are evils spirits no need to be rude I was just asking a simple question.
Taz890- yes I have seen the man again actually I just saw him a few weeks ago 😐
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
this is a lovly post it is nice when a loved one pops back to see you it is there way of saying I'm ok and watching over you.
As for you not being sure if you should believe in ghosts you have seen your papa in spirit/ghost form and you know you did so why should you not believe in them? It does not matter at all if you believe in god and ghosts there are a lot of people on here that believe in both but it is up to you what you believe or dont.

And your second story did you see this man again or was it a one off?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
BadJuuJuu, maybe Ghostified should read some of our, and our friends, stories about our nice ghosts, huh? Just more proof that all ghosts aren't out here to hurt or scare the crap out of anyone. They "live" here peacefully. Most of the time no one even knows they're here. Unless they want to be seen or heard, people usually aren't going to know it. Granted, I did say, "most of the time."

Ghostified, when you saw your grandfather, that was a blessing. Take it that way and, like BadJuuJuu said, be happy you had a little extra time with him. Not everyone gets that opportunity. Don't create bad out of something good and don't turn it into something that wasn't there. It was a good thing 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I will never understand why people try to convince themselves all ghosts are evil spirits in disguise. Were you frightened of your grandfather? No, happily playing. Did he try to hurt you? No, just spending time with you. Why question a sweet, beautiful moment between yourself and your grandfather? Don't tarnish that wonderful memory. Remember it for what it was, and be happy you had a little extra time with him.
cloey2919 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
thats really creepy with the hole evil grin thing... But the papa story... Young children like babies and all can see spirts. One day I was at my dads house and my sister was only a couple of months old I found her staring at a ceiling laughing. She kept pointing like something was there. To this day she dosent really do it anymore and she is 2 years old.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: