You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Since I Was 5 Years Old

Real Ghost Stories

Since I Was 5 Years Old

 

When I was about 5 years old I lived in Alabama with my mom, dad, 2 older sisters and younger brother. I always remember feeling scared for no reason and like I was being watched. Me and my brother shared a room and in our room between our beds was a closet. Any time during the day when I was in my room I would feel like something was in the closet. So I wouldn't play in my room much.

At night before bed I would always make sure the closet door was completely closed because I felt like something was in there. I would be woken up in the middle of the night feeling scared and not know why. I would always look at the closet and it would be opened a little. So I would close it again and try and go back to sleep. Most times I would fall back asleep but other times right before I would I could hear noises coming from the closet, and then would look over at it and it would be opened again. Sometimes more than before or a little less. This went on for quite some time until one day every time I would go in my room I would get the feeling that something was going to jump out at me so I would run right out. I didn't want to sleep in my room that night but had to. I finally fell asleep and probably early in the morning was awakened by something calling for me.

My bed is right next to a big window. I kept getting the feeling like something was calling me from outside my window, so getting up the nerve I slid open my curtains and saw what looked like a woman in a long black cloak with a hood, eyes and mouth all darkened and old looking. She or whatever it was pointed at me and started laughing. But it wasn't a normal kind of laugh. It sounded more in my head then coming from outside. It scared the crap out of me so I hurry and closed the curtain; put my head in my pillow while lying on my stomach. My hands were under the pillow next to my headboard that was against the wall that the closet was on. What happened next has traumatized me for life.

I all of a sudden no longer heard the laughing and my body started to feel like something was pinning me to my bed. I COULDNT MOVE NOR SCREAM, at that moment something grabbed my hands and started pulling them. Not hard but enough to know I was being pulled. It seemed like it lasted forever but I am sure it was less than a minute When I felt it started to let go I was able to move and scream. I ran to my Parents room and told them what happened and they said it was only a bad dream and to go back to bed. I DIDNT go back to my bed but went and slept on the couch.

Since that night I have had something follow me where ever I move. I am now going to be 32 and have 3 kids of my own. My oldest who is 15 has seen and felt something since he was about 6. My 8yr old hasn't really said anything but my 2yr old wakes up almost every night or ever few nights screaming and scared to death. I feel like it is the same thing from when I was a kid because when I start to feel its presence or when I go into my son's room to comfort him from crying I get the same feeling I did then I was a kid. What do any of you readers think?

I still have that feeling of being pinned down and so has my oldest son. I have other stories but this was my first one that I will never forget. I know live in Maine and still see stuff all the time!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, butterfly_wings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Sounds odd. Hmmmmmmm... Try putting salt at the doorways and on the window sills (I think that's how you spell it) It will most likely keep that awful demon away and it gets rid of condensation on the windows, so that's good:) I think its awful how the demon is haunting your poor children as well as you: (Do you ever wonder why the demon followed you, does he have some sort of connection? This may sound far fetched but try talking to it and understand WHY the hell its torturing you and your family: (It may work. Do it with some friends or your family (So you may not be alone) Good luck:)) God Bless:)) xxx ooo xxx ooo ❤ ❤ ❤
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Sorry, just one more thing. I would like to add that you might try surrounding yourself and your kids with positivity. Literally surround yourself with things that make you happy and feel confident. Have you ever met someone who no matter what was just always happy? Those people can be annoying I guess, but if you always surround yourself with positivity then its harder for the negativity that these entities bring with them to "get at you." And *never* be afraid or exhibit fear. Ok. Now I'm done. Be safe.
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Definitely not a good thing. I have a couple questions to ask, and you don't have to answer for me, just think about them to yourself. I have a theory that works for myself, however I'm sure it may not for everyone. Energy attracts energy, like magnets kind of. Have you ever currently or in the past tried to contact whatever this is? (I am *not* recommending it though, just asking if you have) In your daily life, are you in any way interested in things paranormal, and if so, what do you do or how do you meet that interest/curiousity? Are there any influencing negative "energies" in your life (for example, could be a "bad" relationship, negative thoughts, anything that creates conflict really, etc. Etc.) Sift through you daily life, is there anything that can attract "something" to you, to follow you? Then again, there just may be something about you that attracts this thing (s) to you. Anyway, I am truly sorry that you and your kids are going through this.

I asked all those questions because I know what has worked for me... "Things" (spirits or whatever) used to follow me around too, I don't know why, but ever since it became too much for me I have really closely monitored... Grr, it is hard to explain... I guess the easiest way to explain it is to kind of "imagine" a wall, bubble, whatever... That separates you from these things, like "imagining" you are invisible to them... It's kind of like turning off a light. Whatever attracts these things, it's no longer there for them, hence turning off a light. It probably also helped (me) that I was/am religious.

I apologize that this is so long, and I'm sorry if it doesn't help at all. But I hope it does. And I'm sorry, again, that you and your kids have to go through this. Anyway, thanks for sharing and wish you the best of luck to get rid of this. 😊
Misha (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Yeah this isn't a good thing, you need someone to help you get rid of it, believe me, I know how you feel about all this I have been through something similar, but it is very important you get rid of it quickly!
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
This thing, is obviously not a good thing. Are you a religious person? If so, get your home and family blessed. If not, try burning sage. But, don't try to make contact with it. Good luck hun, keep us posted.
-Hayz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: