You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Papa?

Real Ghost Stories

Papa?

 

My story is brief, the reason for posting it is to see if this has happened to anyone else.

This took place when I was around 12 or 13 years old. And really only just came to me now that I have been on this site reading many peoples' experiences. My parents and I went away every year at Christmas time to camp on the beach. Best holidays ever!

One night when we were camping I awoke in our tent to go outside for a pee. When I got up I noticed my dad sitting on the camp table having a smoke. I said "Pa, why are having a smoke in the middle of the night?" and I got no reply. I asked the same question again and no reply. I noticed that dad wasn't even moving, just holding the smoke in the tips of his fingers.

I thought it was really strange and went for my pee, when I came back dad was gone and in the tent. This really creeped me out because I knew I was awake! Anyway, I fell back asleep.

When I woke up in the morning I definitely knew it was no dream because I had grass and sand on my feet.

I asked dad if he was up during the night and why he didn't answer me and he said he hadn't been up all night!

I'm just curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience or maybe give some insight into what this may have been?

It was like I had seen the ghost of my dad, who is still well and truly alive!

Thanks for reading and please don't hesitate to comment. Although this never frightened me it was just plain weird!

Is there a chance I could have been sleepwalking? Although I have never done so before.

Other hauntings by nosidaM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nosidaM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-02)
Tweed- Silly me! I did not even think to pop it in my most recent story, Thank You

Miracles51031- In regards to your comment on the other post, Miracles your never b*tchy!X

Otteer - It never really scared me, just puzzled me! I never checked to see what my dad had been wearing but when I did see this "ghost" of my dad he was shirtless wearing the stubbies (pants) that my dad always wore and the same hat! Very interesting it was indeed.

Red- That was so interesting to read! I had no idea about the history of the dreamcatcher. I had never seen one in the shape of a triangle before until just the other day (when I bought it). It is handmade from a local girl down the beach and she makes them all herself. I had also noticed that in the middle (I guess it would be the "catcher") that there is a large hole in the middle... So hard to explain. When I get home I am going to take a photo of it and show you guys!

Rook- Yes, it is definitely not traditional at all. It was handmade by a local girl down at the beach. I will move it tonight and hang it up like another photo as you suggested and let you know the outcome. If nothing changes I will take it down and see what happens then. Good advice!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-01)
Just so individuals just joining will know what the conversation has been about for the last two days...

(Copy and pasted from another 'comment' thread)

"This is totally irrelevant to this writers story and I do apologise in advance but I am experiencing a few things since I have bought my first "Dreamcatcher". My question is for ANYONE who can give me a possible explanation. I bought a dreamcatcher 3 days ago from the markets. It's a handmade triangle style made with two small twigs (it's beautiful). I have hung it in the doorframe of mine and my husband's room. The last 2 nights I have not been able to sleep, tossing and turning and getting quite bad stomach cramps and sweaty... I've tried to google whether or not they can be bad luck or what not and have really come up with zilch. Can anyone shed any light on this please?
I did not feel the need to put this as a story as I would just like answers quick so I can get a good night's sleep. Of course I know there could be many logical reasons for me not sleeping but I've never had a worry until 2 nights ago.

Again I apologise if this was selfish of me, I just did not know where else I could ask..."

So here we are...

Red has a vailid point, Native American Dream Catchers are round and have to be 'cleasnsed' themselves. ("Traditional dream catchers are made using a hoop of willow and decorating it with bits and pieces of everyday life (feathers, arrow heads, beads, shells, etc).") Sunlight destroys the captured bad dreams and 'resets' the Dream Catcher for the next night.

What you have purchased may be called a 'Dream Catcher' but it is not a 'traditional' Native American one.

Having said that 'if' it was actually created to 'catch' bad dreams or negative energy it needs to be cleansed, especially if its 'older' and hung in another home before you purchased it.

If purchased new purhaps the issue is it's non-tradtional shape... Instead of catching the bad dreams and allowing the good dreams to 'filter in' it is doing just the oppisit? The good are caught and the bad, negative ones are getting in. Move the dream catcher... Take it from your doorway and hang it like another drecorative item against a wall, or just take it down for a few days... See if this changes what you are experienceing.

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-01)
nosidaM,
You just asked on another story if a Dream Catcher can be ''bad''. The legend of the Dream Catcher is that Native Americans would make a Dream Catcher to put over a baby to let good dreams and catch the bad dreams. The next morning it would be taken outside and the bad dreams were shaken out. First and foremost they are round and secondly they were NOT made out of string they used washed then dried animal intestines that were cut into long thin strips while still wet. Then interwoven like spiders web the round outside was wrapped in either fur or leather -whichever was more plentiful- then that was wrapped in thin strips of leather, decorated with feathers beads maybe bone. I've made a few myself. Now that you have the history of them, if in fact it was made by a Native American then no, there is no such thing as a ''bad'' Dream Catcher. BUT they have been mass produced in China now and I've never heard of a triangular one that is made with only 2 sticks so I don't know what you have. I have seen Mandallas called Dream Catchers but it doesn't make it so. A Mandalla is a painting on tanned leather, usually animals and a squaw.
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
Sorry, Tweed, just caught up with this 😆 Thanks 😊 Good Grief, Charlie Brown! 50 character minimum ugh
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
Weird, and creepy. I absolutely adore camping, but, I HATE getting out of the tent late at night to go pee. Especially if I'm in the middle of no where! I am absolutely sure one day I am going to run into something like you did and its not going to be my dad! For that reason I have arrangements in place so I don't have to leave the tent lol!

Honestly, I would have freaked. You were so brave! Question... What was the person wearing? Was it the same thing your dad was wearing in his sleeping bag?... If something different...well, don't know what the heck that was... Can you smoke while you Astral project?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
Psst Nosida, this is what I usually do. Post something on one of my own older stories and hope for a response. Or message one of the regular members on their older stories. Or send an email if they have it on their profile.
I think if this site had a 'general forum' the place would be teaming with conspiracy theorists and Twilight fans 😆
Is your dream catcher new? I've never had bad experiences with them. If it's new, maybe it was mass produced in a factory with pretty crappy conditions for the workers. You could cleanse it using 'moon light' but I don't know the specifics of that method.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
about 7 years back I found myself standing on the street outside the house I was living in at the time at 1.30 a.m. I was only wearing my pyjamas. I have no idea how I got there and to my knowledge never sleep walked before,so, yeah weird stuff happens every now and again.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
i also think it could be a case of sleepwalking as we can do strange unexplainable things when we sleep walk... When I was very young my mum told me I was sleepwalking went into her room took her keys opened the door put one of my dolls on the doorstep then went back to bed (I don't remember doing it) so yes I think our mind and body can be doing different things at the same time for example you could put a pair of glasses on your head then search your entire house for them... I have also seen myself looking for things that are in my hand the whole time
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
dreamer01- That is crazy! I have heard that people that sleepwalk do all sorts of things. My husbands brother used to get a slice of bread, go out the front door and stand on the end of their deck and take one bite out of the bread, always in the middle then drop it and walk back inside! He is a weird one though haha 😆

Tweed- Hahaha! Not a worry, I got what you meant 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Ooh you meant you wondered if you were sleepwalking! Nosida in my comment I was assuming your Dad was sleepwalking, not you. Anyway, silly mix up, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. 😊
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
hi nosida, maybe it was the spirit of someone that loved that beach spot and had died there and were just visiting.
on the other hand sleep walking is possible as I followed one of my step brothers through the bush one night. His eyes were closed and he never answered to anything I said. He walked around trees, stepped over branches, had a pee then went back to the tent. He remembered nothing of it the next day. 😊
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hi All 😊

Yes a very strange encounter. I have asked my mum if he had ever done anything like this before and she said no, not that she is aware of. I don't know if I will ever get the answer to this one! Never happened again though.
Thank you for all your comments ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Nosida: it seems to me like the one who could had been sleepwalking is your father.
Do you know if he has done it before or after that camping trip? It would be a good idea to ask your mother if she has seen him acting that way.

Thanks for sharing.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hi Nosida,

Sleepwalking is very possible. People can do all kinds of strange things, which include eating. So I don't see why smoking would be much different. Was your Dad under any stress at the time? Sleepwalking is mainly caused by stress.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Sheetal:
I have recently submitted my story which is yet to be posted, which has something similar question like yours. But it might be a doppelganger, I think so
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hello, Nosida... I've read somewhere that sometime you can see the spirit of living one... As I am not an expert let see what other members would say?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: