You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Papa's Warning

Real Ghost Stories

Papa's Warning

 

My grandfather died of heart related problems when I was 13. I was devastated by his passing, and didn't really know how to morn. I kept talking to him, (still do), kept him in my prayers and tried to move on. Some time after he died, I dreamt of him. He was wearing a blue suit (I've never seen him in a suit before), I don't remember much about that dream, I believe he was trying to convey he was all right.

A couple years later I dreamt of my Papa again, this time he had a warning, he said "you need to go to the doctor, you were born with an illness and it needs to be addressed" or something to that effect. When I awoke I told my mother and she said that it was just a dream and not to let it upset me.

I dreamt of him later on and he was at a pick nick with my grandmother and other living people. I was the only one who could see him. (He was always deceased in my dreams), and in this dream he asked me to check on my grandmother and make sure she wasn't too lonely as she has yet to remarry.

I still dream of him periodically. I have since been diagnosed with a heart malady but one that I'm told is not serious and can be treated with life time medication. I do visit my grandmother much more than I used to, and I know she appreciates it as she is very lonely. One more little interesting tid-bit, I went to visit my papa's grave, only I wasn't sure where it was, I remembered it was by a tree, but there are undoubtedly several trees at any given cemetery. I was on my search for about thirty minutes when I decided to give up, I had a long drive home, and I needed to get a move on. Just as I was turning to leave, I tripped over a headstone and fell onto my hands and knees, and low and behold who was looking up at me... My grandfather of course, his grave stone had his portrait etched into it, and there he was smiling back at me as if he had just done something mischievous which I believe he had, anyways I laid my flowers and left, chuckling and marveling over the experience all the way home.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether my grandfather's warning is beyond my mild medical condition?

Other hauntings by tricia889

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tricia889, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

caracooldevil (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
woa, that's awsome!
I thin k it might just be a dream- but I would go to the doctors anyway, you never know- please reply when you know the answere!

Cara x
xxx
😉 😆 ❤
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
It's so nice that youre grandfather visits you in your dreams ^^ I only dreamt of my papa twice (he died when I was 8 and I'm 13 now) and the first time was a nightmare and the second time I sat on his lap and watched old western shows with him like I did when I was really small. They were both so vivid but he never said anything in either.

Keep seeing your doctor reguarly and make sure your condition doesn't get worse, there must be a reason that you're grandfather warned you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-08)
I agree, just go to your doctor on a regular basis. I go once a year for a complete physical. Just for my own peace of mind. Melissa is also right, LOVE DOES TRANSEND DEATH. 😊 Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-06)
tricia889, you know grandparents, parents and all family are always concerned about each other. Your Papa warned you about your illness and I bet it was your heart since it was before you were diagnosed, but to be safe you should visit your doctor regularly. Your Papa sounds like a very loving person and I'm glad you are doing as he asked, keeping your Grandma company at a time when she needs it most. Your experience in the cemetery brought a smile to my face. Keep up the medical check-ups and keep your Papa's memory in your heart. He'll always be with you. ❤
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-06)
I think you may want to go to your doctor and get some tests run. Has your grandfather warned you recently about that? Like, telling you that your heart wasn't it? I would definately go and ask about birth ilnesses in your history. Good luck!
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-06)
Thanks for your storyl. You know my first story on this site was of things that happened after my grandfather had passed away. That was one of the most devastating times in my life. Like you, after he passed I had several dreams about him. It wasn't of anything he was trying to tell me. It was that he was just still there with us. When I wrote my story, I was told that LOVE TRANSCENDS DEATH. Whenever he comes to you in your dreams or otherwise, just pay attention and listen. It may not even be that he says anything. He could also be showing you something. Your very lucky to have him still watching out over you and guiding you. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: