You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woman In White Walking Train Tracks

Real Ghost Stories

Woman In White Walking Train Tracks

 

My real personal account is not necessarily a bone chilling, fantastic, or unbelievable one however it is quite significant to me. It all begins with a local story.

I am currently 20 so this happened when I was about 14. Long story short a local woman was chasing after her son who had a mental disability. He ran across some train tracks so naturally she followed him. He made it across safely she did not. Forward a few months I am in the car with my dad riding to my aunt's house. We cross the same track but not the exact location where the woman was hit and I can see a woman walking on the tracks by herself. She is far off in the distance so I couldn't make out much. However she is close enough that I can make out a white female with long snow white hair and a snow white dress. Strangely enough this occurs in the middle of the day.

Now whether this is the apparition of the woman or just a local I am not sure. However after living in this small town for 8 years I have seen most if not all inhabitants and have yet to come across someone remotely matching my memory.

I do have more true stories I'd be more than happy to post if there is an interest. I can guarantee they are more bone chilling than this one.

Let me know in a comment please and also let me know if anyone else has seen a woman in white apparition as I've heard they are frequently seen in various locations.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mr_x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

horsesrcool (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
hi! This story is very interesting! I would love to hear more of your stories! Do you mind telling me where the location this happened? Thank you! 😁
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
I would enjoy reading more of your encounters and I have seen white figures in the daytime before. And, while it isn't my place to say so I think it is something you may need to hear for reassurances sake. This site is dedicated to true ghost stories, if you have something that you feel you need to share or something that you just want others too find and feel connected too this is the place. While you do come across doubters from time to time, it happened when I posted my first story, it happens most of the people here are accepting and can offer advice and comfort. I hope to read more of your stories soon. 😊
CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
Thanks for sharing this story. And believe it or not, I have seen an apparition of a white figure on rail road tracks. I'll tell the full story later, but to cut it short: Me and my friends were on our way back from church in the church's van and we crossed some tracks and it wasn't just me who saw it. All at once we stopped what we were talking about and gazed at a figure crossing the tracks. Couldn't tell whether it was girl or boy, black or white, and it was really so far away. It was as white as snow. I live in South Alabama so there is a lot of haunted places I want to check out. Those railroad tracks are like #5 on my list!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
I would also like to hear more regarding your experiences.

A lot of towns and cities seem to have similar legends and/or occurances as to the woman in white. My theory is that if the story exists, it had to have come from somewhere-based in fact.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us,
God Bless!
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
Hi Mr_x,

A very nice sharing. And I think it was her you saw. Did you see her for a long time or just for a while? Not so long ago I saw a figure standing looking out of one of our neigbours second floor windows when they were all out. It was there and then it was gone...

Greetings,
Peter
Mr_x (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
I would like to thank everyone for their fantastic feedback. As promised I will publish more experiences. They will mostly be my father's experiences as he has seen more than I have and his stories are more disturbing than this one.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
I have a theory about all the "Women in White" sightings. I think the spirits that are coming through in this way had perished from this life almost instantly and after crossing over they came right back because of unfinished business in this life. In your story it was a mother chasing her child, she had to make sure her child was safe. The reason they glow, I believe, is from crossing and returning so quickly. I like to believe they are carrying a 'heavenly glow' around them. It may sound silly to others, but it feels right to me.
Thanks for sharing your story Mr_x. Hope to be reading more of them in the future as well.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
I'd like to hear some more of your stories! Post some more please!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
hi there mr x deviousAngel is right the white lady is a common sighting (not saying it did not happen) were the tracks still used at the time you saw the woman? And was she crossing them or walking along them?
Hope you decide to post more like the thought of a chilling story.
Thanks for posting 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
This story sounds a lot like an urban legend to me. I know a lot of people have seen the "white lady" before though, so perhaps there's some explanation for this type of apparition. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: