You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Childhood Experiences And The Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Experiences And The Hotel

 

As a child, I was always told that, throughout our Irish family, people would sometimes see things... A little out of the ordinary. Anyway, growing up, a lot of strange things happened to me. Once, I was trying to sleep, when I heard in my ear the soft voice of a woman inform me of the loss of my Great Uncle, who had cancer.

Needless to say, there was no one in the room but me, and my dog. Speaking of which, when my dog passed away, I started to see him walk down the stairs and around the house every now and then, but the outline always disappeared when I tried to concentrate. Anyway, recently, we went on a ski trip with the school, and I and my two mates had our own little section along the corridor. No one else ever went through it but us.

Well, at first, all was fine and dandy, but then, weird stuff started to happen. When we were walking along, trying to meet with our other friends, the door in front of us (leading along the corridor) closed of its own accord. Also, every night, we would lock the wardrobe, but every morning it would be open. Then, halfway through the week, I was cleaning my teeth, alone in the room, when, suddenly, I had the urge to turn around. When I did so, I saw a figure of a woman straight in front of me. She disappeared swiftly. I ran out of the room, scared senseless, and refused to stay in it alone afterwards.

Nothing else of great interest really happened, in the hotel at least. Outside, we had three more odd experiences. Firstly, we heard voices in the forest next to us on a candle lit walk. Secondly, my mate took a photo, and in it, a green orb/light lingered above us. Thirdly, when we stopped for a rest on the walk, we all stared as a similar green light rose above a play castle, and then disappeared.

What does it all mean? Is it chance, or was it just nerves? I'm kind of lost, as are my mates. We believe in an afterlife, but as for ghosts and spirits, we aren't convinced. Please help us! Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Misterman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Misterman (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Hey, thanks for all the comments, good to see I'm not just going mad 😜
These voices, well, first my friend heard them, and we stopped and listened. They sounded like someone crying in the woods, like she was lost, or bereaved or something. They quickly passed as more people joined us. Another experience I had, which I forgot to mention, was in a castle a few years back, that was said to be haunted after a particularly brutal execution. I was in the room that was said to be haunted alone, when, all of a sudden, the temperature plummeted. Being young, I decided to get out of there sharpish, to scared to wait and see what happened!
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Hello Misterman,

Thank you for your sharing which I also enjoyed reading. I guess that the ghost of the female person you saw was the same one to always open the wardrobe and maybe she mite have bin following you guy's all the way to the woods too? I think it would be interesting finding out about the place you were staying at!

Greetings,
Peter
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I'm sorry to hear about Your uncle and maybe one of your late Relives to let you know when is your uncle will died and I am irish too:) Not just irish but also Native american and Germany. I never seen Green orbs just white like my own picture my ex boyfriend and took a Picture of me and his daughter and there was this orbs we have two choose Orbs or camera mess up. So I really enjoyed your story.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
hi there misterman firstly interesting story thanks for sharing.
Just wondered how close you were to your great uncle? Getting a visit from spirit to let you know of his passing would (I think) be comforting to you to know he is ok where he had gone to.

As for seeing your dog after he had passed this is a common sighting. Your dog would have known how much he was loved and he would have loved you back and pets do return to let you know they are ok and still with you.

With you saying your not convinced with spirits or ghosts its not suprising you were scared to be in the room alone after seeing this woman, and with the strange things happening doors closing and un~locked wardrobes that would be frightning for anyone even someone who is convinced.

Now were these voices on the walk loud or more wispers? And did your friend who took the picture see anything while taking it?
Personaly I don't think it was chance or nerves you and your friends have had a paranormal experiance scary but true. And I think you have had your proof of spirit activity.
Thanks again for sharing
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: