You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Wasn't Imagining

Real Ghost Stories

I Wasn't Imagining

 

When I was younger I'd constantly be moving back and forth between my parents houses. It was hard to make friends, and I would normally stick to myself.

When I was about 10 we moved into a new house, and I could remember being deathly afraid of the hallway, I would never go down it if it was dark, I'd sleep with a pillow facing the hallway so I couldn't see into it while I was sleeping. And I remember my mom telling me I was chicken, and just wanting attention.

Well one night I remember being asleep and my body telling me to wake up. I woke up and looked to my side and I saw someone standing by my bed, wearing red sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I was so frightened that someone was standing there that I covered my head and tried to go back to sleep. The next morning I asked my mom if she had come into my room to check on me, and she said no. Well repeatedly over the next few years My body would tell me to wake up, and when I did, I'd see someone standing by my bed again, but I'd be too afraid to look up and see if they had a face.

Things continued to be like that, and soon I started to see a figure standing in my door way, I thought it was my brother so I'd throw things at it, but it'd remain in the same spot, so again id cover my head.

Numerous times I'd hear my name being called and I'd wake up but no one was around. Once I had felt my face being touched, and I was the only one in my room.

We moved to our new house in 2005, and since then I haven't had any sightings, no one's been by my bed, no one's been in my doorway.

I don't know if it was my imagination, or if someone was really there in that house with me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrittDazzle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BrittDazzle (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
[at] JustCurious

I know the house before mine had burnt down to the ground. But no one was in it. And the first figure I had seen was a woman, and she had on this tshirt like my moms and I couldn't make out the words airbrushed onto it.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
[at] helenk: I'm sorry for interfering, but I have a question. Why did you even bother to join this site and make comments about ghosts not being real if you don't believe in them?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Excuse me BrittDazzle. This will just take a second.

[at] helenk1949,
So, nothing's keeping you here. Is there something on particular you were wanting to say, I mean since you have everyone's attention and all?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Wow we both move in new house 2005 so did I too also yes Hallway can be spooky like your stamach going up or drop feeling when its dark in the hallway your mom shouldn't tell you are chicken I mean you not the only one we some few of this poster get creepy in hallway too... Did you find out what your former home why this entity there watching you. The way this it wear t-shirt and sweat shirt can be know on newspaper never know if you find this or why it there.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
It could have been a spirit that was tied to the house in some way, and since you have not experienced it since moving to the new house may show that the spirit had a strong tie with the old house.

I would say that one thing to try is maybe do some research on the history of the house (as far as the location, has anything else been previously built there, were there any violent crimes, etc) and see what turns up.

Just a quick question though:

Did the spirit seem like a tall or short spirit? Did it appear to seem more masculine or feminin? (think I spelt that wrong) narrowing things such as that down can help with researching into it. I know you said you didn't look up to see if it had a face, was just curious as to if what you did see gave a more masculine or feminin look or it appeared different.

Sorry if any of that seems confusing.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: