You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow On Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow On Floor

 

I lived in my first house until I was seven and I had lots of things when I grew up that now are clearly the imagination of a child. However there was one thing that I have always known to be true but have always questioned to what it could be

I used to have my bedroom door open and the bathroom light across the hall on as a night light so to speak. One night I woke up and there was a shadow in the door. This was as clear as a shadow that you or I would cast on a bright sunny day and it then started moving into the room. The shadow was so clear I could tell it was male. I screamed and it vanished, not moved to one side but just was not there.

This happened on many occasions during my time in the house the shadow sometimes just stood there and other moved into the room. On one occasion I decided to sort this out and quickly looked around the door (it opened towards the bed) and there was nothing there. Additionally there was no shadow on the floor anymore and there is no possibility of anyone getting away in the time it took me to look

I know some people would say this is imagination but to this day I know I saw something and I was awake and it certainly was not a dream. Can anyone give any advice or something that would verify what I saw.

Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Herbie99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
This is an interesting story! Thanks for sharing this with us, while it isn't super terrifying, it's defiantly scary, especially to a small child and its very realistic. Have you thought of doing some research on the house? Or asking your family (parents/siblings/grandparents or even friends) if they had any kind of experiences in the house? Thanks for sharing!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I see a lot of Shadow people-these ones (with me) are negative entities. But some Shadow people could be a spirit that cannot properly appear. If you want to get rid of it, I suggest praying to God and the Angels.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Thanks for sharing your story. If I were you I would do some research about the property or area. Did anyone else have similar encounters?
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I'm starting to have the same thing happen when my husband, my kids and I all go back to S.C to visit family. My husbands stationed in Fort Gordon G.A and if you read my stories you will see that I have some stories I shared but anywho this shadow is small like a child and this has never happened until last weekend.
I want to post it as a story but the page is shut down right now so I haven't been able to share. But one morning it was daylight outside and my husband and I was playing around on the bed with our son and in the corner of my eye I see something fly out my room so I thought it was my little step brother but the shadow was smaller and my little brother he is a big 9 year old and the size of the shadow looked to be maybe 4... Couldn't have ran that fast so I got up to check and him and my mom was still asleep in the bed, well the next night we was all asleep and my husband got up to use the rest room and he said when he flushed it he seen something fly across my room and went threw the wall so that's when I told him what I seen and he was liked well I seen your little ghost. I was scared out my mind. He also said it was like watching over me until he made the flush noise and that's when it took off! Weird... I will post it as soon as I can... Great story!
dontxholdxback (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
yeah its really creepy! But for me I'd rather see a shadow than a real ghost with a scary face. 😭

Thanks for sharing your story! God bless you always.
ashley_villegas123 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
this is very crrepy. I have had the same expierence happen to me
It happened last year when I saw a shadow in my moms bed. 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: