You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House On White River Drive

Real Ghost Stories

The House On White River Drive

 

My husband and I moved about a year ago from a house that I have no doubt was haunted. There were several instances where I had a paranormal experience. My mother did as well. I'll try to keep this as chronologically correct as I possibly can.

The first event was before I'd met my husband and I was living with my parents while I was going to school. One morning I was having a hard time finishing an essay for English so I decided to go out and print what I had to show the teacher and get some advice. I went to my parent's computer with my flash drive. Their computer was in the kitchen in the far corner. We usually kept the door open that lead from the kitchen to a small mud room/ laundry room because my cat's food was in there. It was around 3 in the morning and I had just hit print when I had this overwhelming feeling I needed to look toward the back door. Through the small window I saw a man who looked like the left half of his face was melting off. This scared me so badly that I ran back into my room leaving my flash drive and printed essay behind until daylight.

The next incident was just a few months later. My mother was taking a shower and she heard a voice say very clearly "Get out. I was here before you." She freaked out and yelled so loud my dad ran in and had to stay with her until she finished washing. That day my dad went to their pastor and got blessed oil. (It ended up not working.)

The third time was a few months after my husband and I got married. We were living with his mother at the time because of financial hardships and my parents asked us to watch their house while they went to Reno, NV for a weekend trip. We happily accepted. My husband was playing his video games in the living room and I was watching. It was around 10 at night so we were both in our pyjamas. Suddenly there was a loud knock on the sliding glass door that was right beside the kitchen. We opened the curtains and it was one of the neighbours. Apparently the field behind our neighbourhood had caught on fire. It took about 2 hours to put out completely and I went to tell the police officer and firemen what I'd seen or heard (which was nothing). I gave them a number to reach me at and left for the house. I looked back and beside the fire truck was a floating blue cloud. In my head I heard a very evil laugh. I jogged back inside to meet my husband and told him what I saw. He looked outside and saw it too. We locked the door but barely slept that night.

The last one happened about two months before we moved out of that house. My husband and I were then living with my parents. An old lady lived across the street and no one had seen her for about a week. My husband and I slept on futon mattresses on the floor and I had my hope chest at the foot of the bed. One night we were playing cards and I was leaning against my hope chest. Suddenly I felt it shake and heard what sounded like someone on the inside pounding and kicking the sides and lid trying to get out and a terrifying female scream. I jumped up and ran to the other side of the bed. My husband and I looked at each other and he asked, "Did you hear that?" I said. "Yeah and I felt it too." I was shaking at the time but my husband managed to calm me down enough to go to sleep.

The next day a few of the neighbours called the police to check on the old lady. About an hour later an officer was on our front porch. Apparently the old lady had fallen and broken her hip so badly she couldn't walk. She was taken to the hospital and died later that day from some sort of infection she'd been taking antibiotics for.

We moved out of that house about a year ago though the paranormal occurrences haven't stopped.

Other hauntings by GypsysHeart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GypsysHeart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
wow this has made me think
Maybe the first owner of the house was very protective of it and didn't like anyone in the house
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
oh cool thanks! I can't wait to read them! Keep us posted! ❤

Looney!
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Well my husband says that he hasn't seen anything but that cloud. He can feel spirits but he says he can't talk to them or see them. (Though he's told me he sees them as shaddows 😜)
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Great story here. It sounds like you are a sensitive. And your Husband. It is strange that that can happen. My Husband is sensitive, and so am I. I think you're a "ghost magnet" too.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Oh and the hope chest doesn't have any previous owners. My mother bought it from the store for me when I was about 12. I helped put it together. My husband and I think the lady from across the street was calling for help and we were the most sensitive and likely to listen.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Don't worry Looney. I have a feeling you'll be getting more stories from me. I just seem to attract those types of things. I have a couple good ones left from high school. I'm going to submit them as soon as possible.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
😨Omg! Your experiences were terrifying! How did you manage to fall asleep after your chest went crazy and a scream like that! Oh man! Lol
Im happy your hubby was there to calm you down 'cause I don't think I would of slept at all.

Please keep us posted if anything else happens!

Looney
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
GypsysHeart,
I think you're right when you say you're a ghost magnet. If you can see or hear them, they'll figure that out and pretty soon you've got ghost groupies! Of course I'm kidding, I think.
Anyway, Darkness hit on something very interesting. We know spirits can be attached to land, structures, people, objects, etc... So what about your hope chest? After all, you did have quite a shocking experience that night, and you "felt" it move as if someone were trying to fight their way out of it. Do you know the history of the trunk? Where did it come from? How did you come to own it?
Nice catch there Darkness! It may not have anything to do with your experiences, but then again, it might.
Have fun tracking!
😊 😉
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
WoW...just wanted to say I loved your story and can't wait to read the next one... Sorry it happened to you tho'. Stay safe and god bless you and your family!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
GypsysHeart: Well it seems to me that you definitely are quite open to the spiritual world I am glad you on the ball knowing how to deal with it. The chest experience seemed quite frightning I think I would have acted the same way😆. I wonder if there is something connected to the chest at all and what it means? Although it could have just been a one off experience to get your attention 😕 Quite freaky though.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
lynrinth: Your tone didn't sound harsh to me. We've moved to a different house. I don't know if anything has happened to them here yet but I know that a ghost gave me a concussion. (That' will be my next story though) I'm not worried about the spirits hurting me. I've been a pagan for aout 3 years and it's helped me realize that. I know I can handle them.

Petersspirit: That scared me too. Mostly because I hadn't ever had anything like that happen to me before.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Hey GypsysHeart,

What scared me the most was when you shared how your hope chest started to jump up and down while you heard the voice of a female screaming... And I think it is sad that your parents are not willing to believe you and your husband. Well, you guy's have each other and your parents in law. Thanks for this sharing am looking out to read more of them!

Peter,
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Honey, you KNOW your parents know something is going on their house. You cannot sit there and type your story without knowing, at least your mother, they have experience similiar hauntings. Even while you weren't living at home. They probably don't want to admit to it, in fear they would actually have to acknowledge it out of fear, or they're afraid people will think they're nuts. Sometimes denial is easier for people than accepting what is in front of them. It's easier than dealing with the fear. Um... Sorry if my tone sounds harsh. They can probably live with what is there now. If they couldn't, they would probably be moving. Sounds like you are sensitive. That's why you maybe experiencing these events. Or at least you're open enough. It sounds like nothing bad as happen to you. So, if it is something you don't want, maybe prayer, or just telling 'it' when something is brother you to firmly go, might help. Good luck.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
So far it seems to be connected to me. I just can't find the common link between any of my paranormal experiences. The only thing I can think of is that I'm a ghost magnet. I've seen and talked to ghosts as long as I can remember. My husband's parents deal with ghosts all the time too. My parents are the only ones that don't believe in ghosts. They contribute all the strange happeninngs to mental illness.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Apparently,the activities could be connected to you and not to the homes you experienced them in. That is, of course, unless the phenomena have continued at each site. Do things like this happen at either parents' homes when you and you husband aren't there? Had paranormal phenomena ever presented itself at your husband's parent's home prior to the time you two lived there? And if the phenomena occurs at your new home, does it continue at either parents' homes simultaneously?
dontxholdxback (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
nice story! Its really scary!

Its really hard to get rid of ghost especially when they were the first one who lived there. The only thing that you can do is to pray for them.

Thanks for sharing! God bless always... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: