You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Grudge In Portland Maine

Real Ghost Stories

The Grudge In Portland Maine

 

When I was around 11-12 years old I lived in a Duplex in Portland, Maine. One morning, when I was getting ready for school, I went to go take a shower on the second floor bathroom.

The bathroom is shaped like an L, having doors on each end. The shower had a green stained glass sliding door and facing the shower head, there was a toilette on the other side.

I entered the bathroom, locked the door and walked into the shower. The water was nice and warm. I started shampooing my head, when all of a sudden I saw a figure of a girl with long black hair covering her face drift by me towards the toilette. I jumped a little, but later tried to rationalize thinking it was my sister.

So I said, "Thia! Get out! I'm taking a shower!" No answer. I figure she was concentrating. I started to think to myself, "But I locked both doors. How could she have gotten in? Maybe I didn't lock the door. Yea stupid me."

I gave her a few minutes or until my hair was fully rinsed and decided to confront 'her'. So I quickly pulled open the sliding door, leaned around the corner and said, "THIA you better...". There was nothing there.

Whoooa... I was freaking out.

I curled up into a ball and stay in the shower until the water turned cold. So I had to decide what to do to get out of the bathroom. I remembered my mon saying, "when you see a ghost it's just your dead relatives visiting you". BULL KAKA I thought. But I'll give it a shot.

So I said out loud, "Oh, it's you Grandpa. Thank you for visiting me. Thank you so much. I really appreciate you watching over me." I said that to psyche me out, so I could get the heck out of there!... And I did. I was freaking out the whole time! Getting dressed and all.

That house is haunted. Even to this day I believe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silentfoxrun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Well, do you maybe think it could have been maybe a real grudge? I mean, not like the one in the movie with the creepy sound she makes but, like, maybe some other form of it. Like, not out to harm you but a tired, lost soul looking for hope?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
As Javelina mentioned it is situations like this that makes the experience worse, stuck in the shower you are vulnerable and cornered. Its funny the things we say to ourselves to make lite of a situation well done at least you were able to build up the nerve to get out, must have been quite frightning. The history of the home would be interesting to find out.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Sounds like the chick from the movie, "The Ring". As for being your grandfather...yeah, I don't think so. You said it was your only encounter so far. Probably the spirit is shy, or just doesn't appear alot. You ever get the feeling of being watched? Your gut can probably tell if your place is haunted or not. If you believe it is, it probably is. Hopefully a very scarce haunting.
ParanormalGirl101 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
good story! I don't think it was one of your relatives but you never know. 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
interesting post thanks for sharing there seem to be a lot of spirits visiting people in the shower my advice, get a bath installed lol seriously though at least she had her hair covering her face a modest spirit 😊
Carl
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
The fact that you backed your story up with an address lends credibility to your story. Thank you for that consideration. I have a rep for being among the firsts to openly question the credibility of a story. So its great to be able to thank someone for going them extra mile. Off topic-I have a question about "BULL KAKA".Do they make a blankie for that? (Sorry-Inside Joke) Thanks for posting.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Silent,
Entertaining post. I've done some investigating in Portland... Its a pretty busy place, spirit-wise...and some of the girls do look like my grandpa.

Lou
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
So I said, "Thia! Get out! I'm taking a shower!" No answer. I figure she was concentrating. LOL! 😆 😆 I'm sorry but that just struck me so funny.

Have you ever had any other experiences in the house besides the figure of the girl in the bathroom? That was a good idea to tell yourself it was someone you knew instead of wondering what it was and scaring yourself even more. Good story, thanks for sharing it with us.
harrisonhess (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
that seems like a scary encounter. I think its funny that you said it was a girl covering her face. Then you said "Oh, it's you Grandpa. Thank you for visiting me. Thank you so much. I really appreciate you watching over me." you know. Because it was a girl ghost.
silentfoxrun (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
[at] Javelina- I know right! LOL I had to figure something out... Because it seriously was getting cold. I'm glad you enjoyed my experience.

[at] Skelopatch- This was the only close encounter I've ever had with a 'spirit'. But now that I'm a little mature, it doesn't seem to affect like it use to. Being close to the Creator helps out too. It's always good to depend on the Creator at times like that. Cheers~
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
silentfoxrun,
That certainly sounded frightening, I don't care how old you are. When you're in the shower you're in a very vulnerable state, and anyone coming in should always announce themselves no matter what. At least you finally got your wits about you and got the heck out of there! And I think we all know it wasn't your Grampa, but that part was funny. Having a sense of humor helps sometimes, doesn't it?
Thanks for sharing!
😲 😨 😆
Skelopatch (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Really good story! But I don't know if it was one of your relatives or not, have you encountered more ghosts like these before?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: