You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Paper Money Mystery

Real Ghost Stories

Paper Money Mystery

 

I had second thought whether to contribute or not to this website because I have neither seen a ghost nor experienced popularly scary encounters. At this age however, I have experienced and witnessed several paranormal occurrences which began, not when I was young, but during my early thirties.

The occurrences categorically involve incredible events such as: firstly, supernatural or paranormal transport from one place to another; much later on followed by a deep mellow voice message; things disappearing never to be found; things appearing from nowhere when badly needed; extraordinary light beams; shadow-figure; touch in the back; whispers into the ear - to mention a few.

I do not know the exact reason (s) for these occurrences. They are mostly tangible, factual, but not nerve-fretting. However, they indeed bewilder me and baffle my mind sometimes to the point that I lose confidence in myself, specifically my memory; in which case comprehensive analysis supported with evidence becomes the proof that they are undoubtedly paranormal.

The occurrences are weeks, months and even years apart and I file each exactly as it happened in my Paranormal Folders in my library copied onto three separate media. There are now more than enough of these paranormal occurrences to print into a pocket book but with cynicism coupled with skepticism to contend with, I anticipate it would take the paranormal or supernatural itself to believe in them.

Nevertheless I testify and attest to the truth of each paranormal history in which I have been fortunately allowed to be a part of and witness at the same time. I have nothing to gain from writing and filing fictions, albeit, curse from offending the paranormal with untruth.

The occurrences have dwindled in recent years, but they still happen no matter how rarely and have not left me completely alone. The reason I guess is they are my only genuine extraordinary friends and companions, although sometimes they are mischievously upsetting.

The aforementioned facts should then make this website the right place for my submission (s) and vice-versa. Here are two of the most recent paranormal events in two separate submissions which I hope will be worthwhile, enjoyable and keep you company. Comments are welcome.

Paper Money Mystery

An event which I consider a mystery worth writing happened to me this morning, 06Feb2011. I went shopping for a shovel. I needed one whenever I have to dig out my car stuck in snow or dig in to park in the snow. I found one in the hardware store not too far away. The total price was $14 plus change. I paid the cashier with a $100 bill. Now, for the change he counted four brand new crispy $20's, five $1's and some change onto my hand. I placed the dollar bills in a separate partition in my wallet, call this "partition A", and so as not to mix with the dollar bills already in the other partition, call this "partition B".

Next, I drove to the grocery store. The total for my groceries was $12 plus change. There was not enough cash in "partition B" so I had to pull a crispy $20 which was in "partition A". I was distraught to find there were only three $20's in it! There should be four! I pulled out all the $20's and counted them between my fingers twice. I was absolutely sure there were only three $20 bills! I lost $20, I murmured!

I was so distraught and embarrassed indeed my forehead most particularly began to sweat. Probably the cashier noticed my worried appearance. My thought was the cashier at the hardware store had short-changed me by some cunning magician's trick. I slid the three $20 bills back into "partition A". For a minute I wanted to tell the grocery cashier to cancel my purchase, and then I would drive like hell back to the hardware store to complain and demand the correct change. But I changed my mind and decided to complete this grocery purchase, and then do that next.

Distraught or not, the business at hand was to pay for the groceries. I pulled out one crispy $20 from "partition A". As I was handing the payment to the grocery cashier, an old and wrinkled $20 bent away and separated like a leaf from the crispy $20 bill! Right there I explained to myself that the two $20 bills had adhered to each other so tightly I counted them as one. This is a common inconvenience in counting crispy paper money by hand. Boy! Was I relieved to know that the hardware cashier did not cheat me and I never lost $20! Not only that, I saved myself from a hasty trip back to the hardware store and another embarrassment as well!

I left the grocery store and this day could have been just an ordinary, uneventful day. However, while I was driving towards home, it occurred to me that something astoundingly incredible had just happened. I knew it was paranormal, but I did not know what the reason or purpose was.

Other hauntings by sunsetsphere

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sunsetsphere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

hoodooit (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
I'm not sure why people bother commenting to be rude, and I don't have time to read all that, but I've been having bills disappear from me for over 6 months. People don't believe it. I, myself, have a difficult time believing it, but it is most definitely happening to me. 1, 2 or 3 bills will vanish from my wallet. I've changed wallets, I've tried many ways to bind the money. It's not kinetic, nothing opens my wallet. I notice all details like this. It's absolutely not my husband stealing from me, it is simply vanishing into thin air. It's maddening. I, too, have been at a cash register, opened my wallet to find bills missing that were without a doubt there the last time. I've been especially careful and aware of what's in there. I usually burst into tears every time now, because it's so ridiculously insane that it's actually happening. I seek real help with this...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
So a pair of $20 bills stuck together constitutes an earth shattering supernatural occurence? Pardon me if I sound a bit underwhelmed.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Well, Javelina.

If you would like, I could produce a copy of my work and mail it to you?
The biggest problem I had in proving my sanity was in finding the right tools and the right technique by which to document. Not many paper brands hold up to writing with a dull crayon, therefore, I was forced to sacrifice comfort for literacy... Only the most abrasive paper would do. Also, it took some time for me to realize that you must write on the roll before unrolling it, or the paper just would not survive.

Got a little black book, with my poems in
Got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in,
When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone in
Got elastic bands keeping my shoes on
Got those swollen hand blues,
Got thirteen channels of sh-t on the tv to choose from
I've got electric light
And I've got second sight
I've got amazing powers of observation
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telehone to you
There's still nobody home...

;Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
LouSlips,
Even though you say you would not tell us, is there still a remote possibility of you keeping that information, of you witnessing yourself in the act of smearing said feces on your wall, in a folder marked and dedicated to "The reasons why what I do cannot be construed as proof that I am crazy"? And if so, is this folder filed and stored in an area set aside for just this type of data logging pertaining to your odd and questionable behavior?
You know, to keep from contaminating other innocent bystander files with any wayward emotional escapees?
😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Javelina and BJJ,

They are paranormal, because he calls them paranormal. If he did not call them paranormal, then they would not be paranormal.

If they weren't paranormal, then what he has written on this site and in his paranormal file would be nonsensical ramblings. And if that is what they were, then he would not have written them.

And furthermore, just because I write on the walls in my own excrement, does not mean I'm crazy. Because if I was crazy, I would not tell you about it.

Got it?

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
I have no problem believing the bills may have been different from what you recall putting into your wallet, my confusion is where the paranormal comes into play. And I'm refering to both stories you've submitted to this site. I fail to see where either one of these instances would fall into the realm of the paranormal. I'm very sorry, and I don't mean to come off as rude or disrespectful, but there just isn't anything 'odd' about them in my opinion. They seem to be everyday occurances in the life of someone else.
So if we're missing the big picture here, please enlighten us. Otherwise I stand by this assessment more firmly than before.
😕 😕 🤔
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
So, this whole meandering tale was meant to convey that a fresh $20 became an old and wrinkled $20? Ok. I still don't believe this is paranormal in nature, but you do. As long as you believe your story is paranormal, then it's paranormal for you.
Happy hauntings.
sunsetsphere (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Pjod: The hardware cashier counted 4 brand new crispy $20's onto my palm. As you were suggesting or asserting, if I perhaps overlooked 3 brand new crispy $20's with an old, wrinkled, smelly $20 stuck in between, then he and I would have counted $60 altogether, wouldn't we? He would have added another $20 to make it $80 for sure. I wish it happened this way. I would have gained a $20-stuck-in-between over-change! But no, there was nothing of that sort. Besides, on the 2nd and 3rd count of the $20's which I did myself at the grocery store I would have not missed noticing an old and wrinkled $20. Counting would have been easier. I would have counted four $20 paper money. There would have been nothing to post here. There would be none of these discussions!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
licking ones finger just before counting crisp 20's...can be a good way to avoid overlooking two bills stuck together. Perhaps you overlooked the cashier giving you 3 crisp 20's with an older 20 stuck in between? Other than that, I'm not sure what it was that occured to you on that ride home.
sunsetsphere (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Hi, Hi, Hi everyone!

Just like you, it took a little time for me to identify and recognize the paranormal mystery. When you do, you will be able to fit it together like a jigsaw puzzle with prior events, including my actions, to comprehensively see the valuable scenario of a paranormal history. If you don't, then between you and me, this is a story with nothing in it but babbles. I know everything I saw and just like you, I wouldn't believe if I hadn't seen it. I have already said, I have nothing to gain from writing and filing fiction. Now I must add, what is there to gain from writing and keeping memory loss, doubts and uncertainties on record? Last but not least, why would we write conscientiously and meticulously and post it for speed-reading contest?

Lou: police? I have no idea what you were talking about.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
So, thus far, from your last story... We find out you hang out in parks for atypical reasons. Now this one, you are buying a shovel. Can't wait for clue number three. I'm not sure whether to be sad or scared. Be sure to keep that "Paranormal File" in a place the police can find it when the mothership comes back for you.

Being a sunsetter, I would have to guess that this isn't the first time you have misplaced something or overlooked something. I do it all the time, and I'm probably younger than you.

Lou
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
If what you experienced is the way that it occuured - and you are obviously convinced that it was - then I understand. I think that maybe there is a benevalent power in your life, subtle yet real. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe because you deserve it.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
I don't understand how a previously new and crispy 20 dollar bill changed into an old and wrinkled bill, or why. Could you have perceived it to be a newer bill as it was grouped with 3 others? I don't see how you could make that mistake. I once worked as a casino cashjer and when we would tear the strap off a set of bundled bills that were found to be new the next step was to put older bills in between the newer ones so we would hopefully prevent the newer bills from sticking to one another and possibly giving too much change back and having our daily bank come up short at the end of the shift. Mistaking an older bill for a crispy new one, well maybe, but doubtful.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
"I knew it was paranormal, but I did not know what the reason or purpose was"?! I'll admit that I haven't a clue what the purpose was, as well. But you're going to have to explain how you knew it was paranormal.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Agreeing with previous comments also. You do have immaculate grammar though sunsetsphere!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Gotta agree with reneespring. I'm just not getting how this is paranormal. Sorry.
reneespring (148 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Excuse me for saying this, but how is that paranormal at all? Two $20's stuck together, that is a natural occurrence, not supernatural at all. Maybe I am missing something?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: