You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost With A Personal Grudge

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost With A Personal Grudge

 

I have had a lot of paranormal experiences throughout my life, but none that were as personally targeted at me as this one. My boyfriend and I had just moved into his mother's house in Laguna Vista, TX. It was a beautiful 3 bedroom home, and the deal was as long as we went to school (college), we were able to live rent free during that time frame. As long as we kept an eye on his other family members' houses in the same neighborhood because they were "winter Texans", aka seasonal residents and needed someone to watch over them.

We moved there from Green Bay, WI so we were LOVING the weather change. Jon started school for computer business systems and I started as a medical assistant.

So about 2 months into our move I started noticing little things turning up missing when I needed them, like notes for one of my classes that I KNEW I had, but couldn't find ANYWHERE. Of course the minute I didn't need those notes anymore they would just "appear" on my computer desk, as plain as day when I KNOW they weren't there the day before when I desperately needed them.

Then things started getting worse. The mood in the house started becoming much more "heavy", and "unpleasant", stressful even, between Jon and my relationship. We had been together for 5 years at this point, and never even considered breaking up once.

Jon never believed in the paranormal so he always thought my suggestions that ghosts were responsible for certain unexplainable events as an excuse to not take responsibility for my own mistakes. As you can imagine, that was extremely stressful. Especially when we would be watching TV and all of a sudden it would just shut off on its own and the remote was at the end of the bed in plain sight out of both our reach. Ok, the TV shutting off on its own may be explainable by being a bad connection or an older TV but when it turned back on by itself just as Jon reached for the remote to turn it back on, and the volume started going all the way up to full blast on its own was something even HE couldn't explain away to electrical problems.

So after about 6 months I was just plain tired of having to literally sleep with a bible physically touching my skin in order to feel comfortable enough to go to bed at night. One night I was out cold when all of a sudden I heard something totally not human say "Chelllseaaa" literally right in my ear to the point where whatever said my name would have had to literally have its lips almost DIRECTLY INSIDE my earlobe it was so close and clear and LOUD!

I absolutely freaked out, woke Jon up at 3 am to tell him what happened. I had enough. It was one thing to be having a ghost playing pranks on me, but that wasn't what was going on anymore. This ghost, or whatever it was, had a personal grudge against me at this point. Jon even "felt" different. The very next night, the SAME thing happened to him with it saying his name. I have never been more scared to see HIM rattled because that's when I KNEW we HAD to do SOMETHING and our problems were very serious and very real.

We moved out 23 days later and NEVER went back to even visit!

Other hauntings by Aries_fire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aries_fire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aries_fire (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-31)
Thank you guys very much for being honest about what you think could be the cause of THAT situation. Unfortunately we have been together since Sep 2000, and I really get along with everyone in his family. I am writing another story about what happened after we moved to WI and it's kind of an ongoing problem that is being more and more invading regarding our life in entirely EVERY WAY. Thank 4 the comments tho.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Rook

I think you hit the nail on the head. My first thought was that a dearly departed relative did not approve of the living arrangement. So they were showing their disapproval at the mothers house. I did not want to write that because I didn't want to come off as a biotch. Thank you for opening the door for me to say what I really think.

Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Aries_fire,

Thank you for sharing...

I must admit though I am not 'picking up' on a 'personal grudge'...all the experiences sound more like 'pranks'...at times malicious, but not malevolent in any way.

Your relationship with your boyfriend 'may have been effected' just as much from the stress of him 'not believing you' as well or coupled with the stress of being in school.

So let's look at it this way... You move into your boyfriends Mothers home... Right I get that... Now think about that for a moment... Then ask yourself... Any departed family members who would want to 'punk' him or more to the point his girlfriend?

It may be the way you have related these experiences, I just do not get a 'Grudge/Malevolent' feel from them, seems more like practical jokes to me. Just my opinion however.

Respectfully,

Rook
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
I can understand, how irritating and painful it is when unnecessary troubles sweep in a relationship.

Nice story, thanks for sharing!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Aries_fire

Your boyfriends mothers house needs (needed?) a cleansing/shielding. A member named Rookdygin has a method on his profile page that many members on this site have used and all of them have had great success but you may have to repeat it. Try it if his mom is agreeable.

Regards
Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: